Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,497 members, 7,819,813 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:22 AM

Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC (15395 Views)

SARS Is Not A Bad Outfit, Bad Eggs Destroyed It- Ex-igp Sunday Ehindero Says / Pastor Jeremiah Ehindero: No One Paid Tithe So I Stole A Car To Pay My Debt / South African Armed Robbers Shot Dead After Opening Fire On Police.Graphic Photo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by dachiwater: 4:18am On Mar 25, 2019
Ex-IGP (Inspector General of Police) Sunday Ehindero has been accused of fraudulently receiving 10% interest on police funds, lodged in a fixed deposit account with a bank.The Independent Corrupt Practices and other related offences Commission, ICPC, who alleged that ex-IGP Sunday Ehindero fraudulently receiving 10% interest on police funds, said the allegation was contained in a statement made by a banker, Aibangbe Maifuwa, to a Federal Capital Territory High Court 7, sitting in Apo, Abuja.

“The banker, Mr Aibangbe Maifuwa, a Business Development Manager with WEMA Bank Plc, who testified before Justice S. C. Oriji, in a case brought against Ehindero by the ICPC, said the money which was N10.3m was part of proceeds from N300m police fund he allegedly kept in a fixed deposit account with the bank.“The banker, who was led in evidence by the ICPC’s lawyer, Zainab Nass, told the court that the retired police boss had fixed the money at a 10 per cent interest rate per annum, between July 11, 2006 and January 19, 2007.

“In his response to questions put to him during cross-examination by Ehindero’s lawyer, K. O. Omolola, the banker said the former IGP had written to the bank requesting that the accrued interest on the N300m fixed deposit, amounting to the sum of N10, 364,283.77, be paid to him in cash, while the principal sum be paid through a WEMA bank cheque in his favour" the ICPC said.

https://unclesuru.com/2019/03/25/ex-igp-ehindero-received-10-interest-on-police-funds-icpc/

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Jumlek2411: 4:25am On Mar 25, 2019
Na wah ooooo. In Nigeria, anything can happen.

5 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Bizznezz: 5:06am On Mar 25, 2019
corruption

4 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by zeedof(m): 11:06am On Mar 25, 2019
That's not new, some police recieveing double salary, while some junior rank getting higher rank salary...

You will see a serget at MSS building standard house while ASP at mopol, or traffic struggling to pay house rent

29 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Eprolist: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2019
Fraudster

1 Like

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by chloride6: 11:07am On Mar 25, 2019
See mess up top of N10.3m .

1 Like

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by katchagboro(m): 11:08am On Mar 25, 2019
Na wa oooo
Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Buharimustgo: 11:09am On Mar 25, 2019
Can't he eat that interest in peace? Is police funds missing?

1 Like

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Omotayoodubote(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2019
shocked

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by jericco1(m): 11:10am On Mar 25, 2019
very soon this man will carry 100 SANs to defend himself

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Twoclans(f): 11:11am On Mar 25, 2019
This country is very funny, they make a norm look like a crime for those they want to hang

Every banker that knows his or her game is aware that you don't need to place public funds in fixed deposit to get interest on it. Once the money is in the banks books they will pay kick backs on it.

Anyway let me carry my tatafo and go this morning.

6 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Olamsoh: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2019
Lessons from my dad:

1. If you're going to do business with a friend, sign an agreement with them.

2. If you're doing business with your siblings, sign an agreement with them.

3. If I, your father is doing business with you, we are signing an agreement.

I felt the last one.

23 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by helinues: 11:11am On Mar 25, 2019
And nothing would be done about it

Media trials as usual

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by tstx(m): 11:12am On Mar 25, 2019
Interesting

See my signature, i build websites and I am based in Abuja
Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by otuleadeniyi: 11:12am On Mar 25, 2019
Real Estate Marketers Needed: Full time & Part-time Business Associates.
BENEFITS: VERY ATTRACTIVE FINANCIAL BENEFITS AND LOTS OF INCENTIVES
SEND A MESSAGE (i.e. NAME & PHONE NUMBER) TO 08107773840 TO GET THE FULL DETAILS ON HOW TO BECOME ONE.
(c) RICHLIFE ESTATE & GARDENS

NOTE: LAGOS RESIDENTS ONLY.

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by noisy45(m): 11:15am On Mar 25, 2019
What they mostly do to pensioners money
Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by BruncleZuma: 11:17am On Mar 25, 2019
grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Frankyboy1(m): 11:17am On Mar 25, 2019
Twoclans:
This country is very funny, they make a norm look like a crime for those they want to hang

Every banker that knows his or her game is aware that you don't need to place public funds in fixed deposit to get interest on it. Once the money is in the banks books they will pay kick backs on it.

Anyway let me carry my tatafo and go this morning.

With mind set like yours, a nation will never prosper, sentiments everywhere

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by greensandy: 11:17am On Mar 25, 2019
Jumlek2411:
Na wah ooooo. In Nigeria, anything can happen.

Nigerians are fantastically corrupt. -British PM

1 Like

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by DBossNG(m): 11:20am On Mar 25, 2019
Eleyi ga gan o
Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Twoclans(f): 11:22am On Mar 25, 2019
Frankyboy1:

With mind set like yours, a nation will never prosper, sentiments everywhere

Young man there is nothing like sentiment here, I don't care about the IG or whoever is involved as far as I am concerned he should face the music.That said now let me tell you something. A government that selects people that are called criminals based on tribe or religion is a very dangerous one.

I am not sure I want to go into this more, the banking industry is a sector I played in. I understand the dirty games that go on in that sector because I am a part of that dirt.

3 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Nobody: 11:23am On Mar 25, 2019
@kelvinsure65 The ticket is confirmed. But since you won 2m, why are you collecting 5k from people? You want to use their money as stake so if your prediction doesn't work out, you won't lose anything abi? Just continue

2 Likes

Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by Timoleon(m): 11:23am On Mar 25, 2019
Re: Sunday Ehindero Received 10% Interest On Police Funds — ICPC by samlake(m): 11:29am On Mar 25, 2019
This is serious...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ebonyi Court Remands Four For Beating Policeman, Snatching Rifles / Danish Navy Free 3 Pirates Arrested In West Africa Due To Jurisdiction / Manhood Theft: Bauchi Local Security Members Kill Suspect, Arrest 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.