Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,744 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage (2386 Views)

My Fiancee Is Relocating To UK / Inviting My Friend From US To Nigeria / USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 3:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
Hi. Please I need advice from experience people here. I have been dating my fiancee for a few years now. She is Singaporean. We lived together while in Singapore. Due to an emergency I had to return to Nigeria. I promised her that she was going join me in less than 2-3months and it's 6 months now. The issue is that the money I was planning to use in renting a house in ikoyi . was diverted to something more serious. Something that got to do with a family members life.
I am self employed and make about 300k Monthly. Do you think they Embassy will allow her come meet me since I Dont have a govt job to prove I make enough to take care of her?
Secondly, I heard that the only place foreigners can comfortably stay in Nigeria is ikoyi and lekki and I noticed that the houses jn these places are very expensive. Will the embassy permit her to come stay with me if I got a house somewhere in Ikeja or omole estate?. Lastly are there other affordable places where a foreigner can stay comfortably Part from ikoyi and lekki Lagos. Will the embassy be so concerned about my status here before granting her visa?
Please anyone that has done this should also help me with a detailed guide
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by bluebay(m): 3:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
She needs to take the first step. Let her locate Nigeria embassy there to apply. You’ll be contacted them they will tell you what to do. Don’t waste your money meeting any agent

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 4:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
bluebay:
She needs to take the first step. Let her locate Nigeria embassy there to apply. You’ll be contacted them they will tell you what to do. Don’t waste your money meeting any agent
i usually don't use agents. I just want to know from people that have gone through the process first. So it's easier and that way I can get mentally and financially prepared . I will know a few things I need to put in place before I begin the process
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by okeyglm: 5:34pm On Mar 25, 2019
oga , Nigeria visa is on arrival(e visa). let her buy her tickets and fly, she will get the visa on arrival or better apply at immigration website for evisa.

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Trillyonaire: 6:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
Bros stop stressing yourself.

The embassy doesn't care where you stay just send her your invitation letter and copy of your passport they would give her the 6 months Nigerian visa. Most documents would come from her side.

And forget the ikoyi and lekki thoughts I had a spanish ex some years back that came here and I tried to pet her and she became annoyed, that she wants to enter Okada and keke and experience the country cheesy cheesy cheesy

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 9:10pm On Mar 25, 2019
Trillyonaire:

The embassy doesn't care where you stay just send her your invitation letter and copy of your passport they would give her the 6 months Nigerian visa. Most documents would come from her side.

And forget the ikoyi and lekki thoughts I had a spanish ex some years back that came here and I tried to pet her and she became annoyed, that she wants to enter Okada and keke and experience the country cheesy cheesy cheesy
where did you stay? Did she r
Tell them she was coming to visit you or she came as a tourist?
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 10:11pm On Mar 25, 2019
It is very easy dont stress ur self, just go to Nigeria
Immigration website and check all d info u need in line with this, they dont care where she will be staying just make sure she is safe , even if u get to take her to island make sure is a safe place , island is overrated .
U can pm me for more info [Qquote author=Watchfreak post=76974112]Hi. Please I need advice from experience people here. I have been dating my fiancee for a few years now. She is Singaporean. We lived together while in Singapore. Due to an emergency I had to return to Nigeria. I promised her that she was going join me in less than 2-3months and it's 6 months now. The issue is that the money I was planning to use in renting a house in ikoyi . was diverted to something more serious. Something that got to do with a family members life.
I am self employed and make about 300k Monthly. Do you think they Embassy will allow her come meet me since I Dont have a govt job to prove I make enough to take care of her?
Secondly, I heard that the only place foreigners can comfortably stay in Nigeria is ikoyi and lekki and I noticed that the houses jn these places are very expensive. Will the embassy permit her to come stay with me if I got a house somewhere in Ikeja or omole estate?. Lastly are there other affordable places where a foreigner can stay comfortably Part from ikoyi and lekki Lagos. Will the embassy be so concerned about my status here before granting her visa?
Please anyone that has done this should also help me with a detailed guide[/quote]
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 10:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
No visa on arrival in nigeria , Nigeria visa is one of the most hardest visa in d world if u know u know
okeyglm:
oga , Nigeria visa is on arrival(e visa). let her buy her tickets and fly, she will get the visa on arrival or better apply at immigration website for evisa.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 10:20pm On Mar 25, 2019
Naso , ikoyi plus lekki add banana island join no fine reach Singapore wetin she never see before?
Trillyonaire:

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 10:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
Dipsong:
Naso , ikoyi plus lekki add banana island join no fine reach Singapore wetin she never see before?
bro it's not about fine. This one can even stay with me in ajegunle ghetto with me without complaining. The issue here is security not the beauty of the place

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 10:29pm On Mar 25, 2019
Dipsong:
No visa on arrival in nigeria , Nigeria visa is one of the most hardest visa in d world if u know u know
i don't think so.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 10:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
Yea i know ikeja gra is ok too and omole which u have mentioned before . Security is very important though odikwa risk
Watchfreak:
bro it's not about fine. This one can even stay with me in ajegunle ghetto with me without complaining. The issue here is security not the beauty of the place
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 10:49pm On Mar 25, 2019
Where u hear dat one ? Even usa citizen self dey went tru hell sometimes before dem get d naija visa,
With so much delay , na only rich people like bill gate dem feat fly on arriva,l no passport feat enter naija without visa, unless u are from Fiji island lol and u must to apply online ahead self
okeyglm:

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by bluebay(m): 12:47am On Mar 26, 2019
Watchfreak:
i usually don't use agents. I just want to know from people that have gone through the process first. So it's easier and that way I can get mentally and financially prepared . I will know a few things I need to put in place before I begin the process
I understand. It doesn’t cost you much unless you the one who wanna make expenses for her over there
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Rexnegro(m): 1:20am On Mar 26, 2019
Trillyonaire:

hahahaha I like babe like her , lucky u bro .can't wait to have one like her type
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Nobody: 1:32am On Mar 26, 2019
"Secondly, I heard that the only place foreigners can comfortably stay in Nigeria is ikoyi and lekki"

Just imagine.
Nigerians and unnecessary Iberibeism. undecided
Believe me, that foreign lady will most likely enjoy her stay in your village than in Lekki.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Watchfreak: 6:42am On Mar 26, 2019
MajorJeffery:
"Secondly, I heard that the only place foreigners can comfortably stay in Nigeria is ikoyi and lekki"

Just imagine.
Nigerians and unnecessary Iberibeism. undecided
Believe me, that foreign lady will most likely enjoy her stay in your village than in Lekki.
be realistic bro. We are talking of security here. Not how beautiful or modern the place looks. Those 2 places are like the most secured places in Lagos. I have never seen foreigners walking alone around agege or Ogba or any of the ghetto areas here. Let me know if there are "ghetto" suburbs where u find foreigners moving alone freely. My purpose of this thread is to know. I need realistic replies and not assumptions

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by okeyglm: 8:02am On Mar 26, 2019
Dipsong:
Where u hear dat one ? Even usa citizen self dey went tru hell sometimes before dem get d naija visa,
With so much delay , na only rich people like bill gate dem feat fly on arriva,l no passport feat enter naija without visa, unless u are from Fiji island lol and u must to apply online ahead self
please you can search on Nigeria immigration website
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by okeyglm: 8:04am On Mar 26, 2019
Dipsong:
oga search go to immigration and find out. Nigeria has evisa
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by ifyalways(f): 8:10am On Mar 26, 2019
Watchfreak:
be realistic bro. We are talking of security here. Not how beautiful or modern the place looks. Those 2 places are like the most secured places in Lagos. I have never seen foreigners walking alone around agege or Ogba or any of the ghetto areas here. Let me know if there are "ghetto" suburbs where u find foreigners moving alone freely. My purpose of this thread is to know. I need realistic replies and not assumptions
You are funny, very funny even in your ignorance.

First off, i rate Singaporeans on same levels with Indians and Lebanese. Lots of British and Americans stay in Ikeja and mainland, move around freely. Nothing special with your Singaporean wife biko .

Better and proper Oyibo dey mainland dey hash on normal levels. Since neither of you is super rich nor works with oil/contracting firm, i doubt anyone will notice you sef.

Omole estate, Gbagada, Ikeja Gra and even some parts of Maryland are super cool and very secured so you can go on and rent a house.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Dipsong: 8:35am On Mar 26, 2019
The criteria for e visa is high , not for common individual check their website
okeyglm:

please you can search on Nigeria immigration website
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by okeyglm: 9:31am On Mar 26, 2019
Dipsong:
The criteria for e visa is high , not for common individual check their website
oga , the visa is for tourist purpose, no criteria. op go n apply ur visa online and get the stamp on arrival. thank you
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by IprintMONEY: 10:50am On Mar 26, 2019
ifyalways:

You are funny, very funny even in your ignorance.

First off, i rate Singaporeans on same levels with Indians and Lebanese. Lots of British and Americans stay in Ikeja and mainland, move around freely. Nothing special with your Singaporean wife biko .

Better and proper Oyibo dey mainland dey hash on normal levels. Since neither of you is super rich nor works with oil/contracting firm, i doubt anyone will notice you sef.

Omole estate, Gbagada, Ikeja Gra and even some parts of Maryland are super cool and very secured so you can go on and rent a house.
ta. Shut up there. This one na proper bad belle. Singaporeans are of a higher class than Lebanese or Indians. Singaporeans hardly travel and they are one of the most respected Asians and one of the most respected people in the world. I live around Ikeja and u don't find foreign ladies walking anyhow here not to talk of white ladies sef. Just imagine how u just wanted to use your bad belle and run down op. We all know that if a sexy looking foreigner walks around those places u mentioned, it will attract the wrong attention especially if she looks rich. Op don't mind this hater. If possible try getting a place around ikoyi or some posh places in lekki.
Lastly you say they are not rich sef. Do u think is every body that's stupid enough to come online screaming how much they have? For a Singaporean to agree to live Singapore to Nigerian is like for an American to accept to leave America to come base in Nigeria. The dude or her must be loaded. People like u are the problem of this world. Imagine the way she said nothing special about your Singaporean Biko? Like watafek. Do you know that Singapore is amoung the 10 most respected countries in the world and number 2passport in the world? Watafek. Op ignore this bad belle o and try to ignore badbelle like this one when your wife arrives to avoid stories that touch

8 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by IprintMONEY: 10:51am On Mar 26, 2019
okeyglm:

oga , the visa is for tourist purpose, no criteria. op go n apply ur visa online and get the stamp on arrival. thank you
dosnt work like that. The lady must go to the embassy in her country
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by good4all40: 11:02am On Mar 26, 2019
Firstly let her go to Nigerian Embassy in Singapore to apply there she just need an invitation letter from you and ready to spend 300 dollars for the visa, Nigerian visa is quite Expensive though it is 2 years multiple Entry, make sure she ticks the box of multiple entry while filing her visa application form either online or offline. I have a friend who married an American and she stayed at Ayobo with him for two weeks she loved the experience especially the Keke napep and Okada, Singapore is extremely modern and entirely urban, l am presently in Singapore Jurong West to be precise you can contact me if you dont mind if you have more Questions, taken her to Ikoyi or VI is just like bringing her from Singapore to another OKRIKA version of Singapore, l understand your reluntance on Security, just go with her everywhere she is going its simple let her feel the Nigerian vibes. Singaporeans are highly respected anywhere in the world and don't forget your fiance is carrying the second best passport in the World, And please do you know where l can find Nigerian restaurant here in Singapore? I miss my swallow lol. I saw some posts here on Nairaland l called their numbers to confirm the addresses but non of the digits were working.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by IprintMONEY: 11:17am On Mar 26, 2019
good4all40:
Firstly let her go to Nigerian Embassy in Singapore to apply there she just need an invitation letter from you and ready to spend 300 dollars for the visa, Nigerian visa is quite Expensive though it is 2 years multiple Entry, make sure she ticks the box of multiple entry while filing her visa application form either online or offline. I have a friend who married an American and she stayed at Ayobo with him for two weeks she loved the experience especially the Keke napep and Okada, Singapore is extremely modern and entirely urban, l am presently in Singapore Jurong West to be precise you can contact me if you dont mind if you have more Questions, taken her to Ikoyi or VI is just like bringing her from Singapore to another version of Singapore, l understand your reluntance on Security, just go with her everywhere she is going its simple let her feel the Nigerian vibes. As for someone comparing Singaporean to Indians or Lebanese, Singapore has the highest millionaires in the world they are far different from Lebanese or Indians. Though we have Indian Singaporeans, Malay and Chinese. And please do you know where l can find Nigerian restaurant here in Singapore? I miss my swallow lol. I saw some posts here on Nairaland l called their numbers to confirm the addresses but non of the digits were working.
no, nigerian visa is paid for online. Lol bro may una stop to advice op to Cary him hand bag dey waka any how here o. The average Singapore lady looks rich and will attract the wrong attention. Boys here will kidnap her if she enters rong zone. The only place I will recommend in Ikeja is Ikeja gra

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Trillyonaire: 11:33am On Mar 26, 2019
Watchfreak:
where did you stay? Did she r
Tell them she was coming to visit you or she came as a tourist?

She stayed in my house in PH.

You can stay in a Hotel for the period she's around if you are bothered about security though.

She said she was coming to visit me I sent invitation letter with a copy of my passport.

It's actually very straightforward to get Nigerian Visa unlike what we suffer.

My current madam is Canadian she has applied for about 4 Nigerian visas since we knew so far and all were very simple ( she applies online on the immigration website, pays with card then sends her passport via DHL to the Commission in Ottawa. they stamp the visa on it and dhl it back to her - the delay is the only issue and I think they introduced biometrics late last year though her current visa doesn't expire till August).

I think the Visa on Arrival is only for Business Visitors (not too sure haven't tried it)

Don't overthink it jare.

3 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by partnerbizz4: 12:18pm On Mar 26, 2019
Trillyonaire:

I wonder oo

Small boys dey carry oyibo gal enter onitsha sef for flats with no water sef, this guy dey here dey look for banana island apartment.

Nawao!

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by Trillyonaire: 12:29pm On Mar 26, 2019
Rexnegro:

hahahaha I like babe like her , lucky u bro .can't wait to have one like her type

Funny enough most foreign & exposed Nigerian babes are like that.

It's the hungry ones that want to use every man to experience what they can't afford lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by LONGPREEK(m): 2:43pm On Mar 26, 2019
partnerbizz4:

I wonder oo

Small boys dey carry oyibo gal enter onitsha sef for flats with no water sef, this guy dey here dey look for banana island apartment.

Nawao!
story for the gods. Did you read there he said he is inviting Her to get married and stay here?
So you are comparing someone that will stay here for just a few weeks with someone that is permanently staying Here? Op security first o. No mind all these guys wey dey make noise about how small boys fit carry oyinbo enter one ghetto hood

1 Like

Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by good4all40: 3:04pm On Mar 26, 2019
If she is to stay with you for a longer period l will suggest you rent a place that is very serene, secure and neat, Singapore �� is one of the most safest, peaceful and serene countries in the world, believe me if she feels unsafe for just one day, she will quickly return to her country with a lower probability of ever visiting you again, don't forget to get her Niger wife visa since she is planning to stay with you for a longer time you can research more about Niger wife visa on Nairaland you can also speak to Immigration officers there in Lagos about Niger wife visa if you know any, they will surely put you through. She is welcome to Nigeria Laa Bon voyage in advance.
Re: Please How Do I Go About Inviting My Singaporean Fiancee Down For Marriage by lereinter(m): 11:07pm On Mar 26, 2019
good4all40:
Firstly let her go to Nigerian Embassy in Singapore to apply there she just need an invitation letter from you and ready to spend 300 dollars for the visa, Nigerian visa is quite Expensive though it is 2 years multiple Entry, make sure she ticks the box of multiple entry while filing her visa application form either online or offline. I have a friend who married an American and she stayed at Ayobo with him for two weeks she loved the experience especially the Keke napep and Okada, Singapore is extremely modern and entirely urban, l am presently in Singapore Jurong West to be precise you can contact me if you dont mind if you have more Questions, taken her to Ikoyi or VI is just like bringing her from Singapore to another OKRIKA version of Singapore, l understand your reluntance on Security, just go with her everywhere she is going its simple let her feel the Nigerian vibes. Singaporeans are highly respected anywhere in the world and don't forget your fiance is carrying the second best passport in the World, And please do you know where l can find Nigerian restaurant here in Singapore? I miss my swallow lol. I saw some posts here on Nairaland l called their numbers to confirm the addresses but non of the digits were working.

how far with Singapore

any advice/assistance get there

(1) (2) (Reply)

Travel By Ship To New Zealand / How To Travel Abroad Through Exchnage Programs / Whats Is The Current Exchange Rate For Canadian Dollar To A Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.