Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,781 members, 7,820,725 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:20 PM

Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? (4068 Views)

A Nairalander Trip To Oil Producing Communities In Okrika And Onne In Rivers / The Other Side Of Ebonyi: Through The Riverine Communities Of Ebonyi State / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 7:22pm On Mar 25, 2019
I am trying to understand why there aren't any affluent middle-class black communities in the UK unlike the US, most of the black communities in the UK are basically on the downside of poverty, it is difficult or impossible to see a rich black community in the UK, the Indians have rich communities or south Asians rich affluent communities, not the blacks.

in the US for example, in Atlanta in the dc area, in LA too, you have affluent predominately black communities why is it different in the UK?

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by hisgrace090: 7:26pm On Mar 25, 2019
British na cunny man now!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by jesmond3945: 7:28pm On Mar 25, 2019
Because of what we call institutional racism.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 7:31pm On Mar 25, 2019
jesmond3945:
Because of what we call institutional racism.

but the indians and south asians are creating wealth and building their own predominately middle class communities, so how is it institutional racism?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Ugosample(m): 7:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
This would be an interesting topic.....
let me grab my chair and open my ears to listen to what you all have to say
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Mar 25, 2019
Or maybe we should just admit we dont know how to build a legacy.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 8:12pm On Mar 25, 2019
Oga I can authoritatively tell u blacks in uk fare better than black's in USA

U are mentioning few selected places in us.

Detroit Chicago south LA Compton Houston Baltimore Maryland even Atlanta has some of the worst crime and death rate in the world.

Believe me when I say Europe are not as racist as USA, even Brazil are not as racist as Americans.

Trust me from research and documentary, Black's in UK fare farrrrr better than Black's in usa on average.

Its because black population are much in USA that some few maybe 5% u see on TV that makes u think so.

Even many black's u see on TV that u think are Americans are actually british

6 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 8:16pm On Mar 25, 2019
But that's not to say blacks in Europe are living in paradise.

But comparing both?

Black's in UK fare better and have better middle class well represented and respected than USA.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
Unlimitk:
Oga I can authoritatively tell u blacks in uk fare better than black's in USA

U are mentioning few selected places in us.

Detroit Chicago south LA Compton Houston Baltimore Maryland even Atlanta has some of the worst crime and death rate in the world.

Believe me when I say Europe are not as racist as USA, even Brazil are not as racist as Americans.

Trust me from research and documentary, Black's in UK fare farrrrr better than Black's in usa on average.

Its because black population are much in USA that some few maybe 5% u see on TV that makes u think so.

Even many black's u see on TV that u think are Americans are actually british

sorry, this is ignorant

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 8:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

sorry, this is ignorant

Nope ive watched enough news, read about crime in america,read about how races fare in USA,I can tell u where all races are concentrated in USA.

I can tell u how Asians are dominating american economy.

Bro ive researched enough about these things.

Mention 5 blacks community in UK faced with poverty infrastructure decay high crime rate.

And I will give u five in us right now
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 8:30pm On Mar 25, 2019
Unlimitk:

Nope ive watched enough news, read about crime in america,read about how races fare in USA,I can tell u where all races are concentrated in USA.

I can tell u how Asians are dominating american economy.

Bro ive researched enough about these things.

Mention 5 blacks community in UK faced with poverty infrastructure decay high crime rate.

And I will give u five in us right now

if you read the write up, it talked about why there are no afflunent black communities in the UK, in the US there are predominately black middle class and upper-middle-class areas while in the Uk it is non-existence

are you trying to tell me in the UK, no blacks commit crimes, but who are the blacks stabbing and doing Bulgary and in gangs in the UK. All blacks area in the UK are crime-infested areas and poor.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 8:50pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

if you read the write up, it talked about why there are no afflunent black communities in the UK, in the US there are predominately black middle class and upper-middle-class areas while in the Uk it is non-existence

are you trying to tell me in the UK, no blacks commit crimes, but who are the blacks stabbing and doing Bulgary and in gangs in the UK. All blacks area in the UK are crime-infested areas and poor.

I wrote that again that it doesn't mean blacks are living in Paradise in UK.

Wtf?! No black middle class in uk?

U Must b joking,there are tens of middle class areas in UK where black people are doing OK,for u to believe a whole race doesnt have one middle class,let's ecebeven leave upper class oo.

Oga i tire, the reason y is this
1)America is more popular so ppl would know more about usa than UK ,even that Detroit I first knew about it In American movies before I researched about it.

2) u didn't search enough,being ignorant as u are,I'm sure u could have gone to Google and typed 'black middle class areas or community in UK' that would solve u a lot of trouble.

3)research well before jumping to conclusions my brother.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by jesmond3945: 8:53pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

but the indians and south asians are creating wealth and building their own predominately middle class communities, so how is it institutional racism?
institutional racism targetted at blacks. I am talking from experience and research. You can do your research infact a Nigerian doctor won 1m pounds because of it, another african 35k pounds. If you are asian you would only receive prejudice but many opprortunities while african you would not only receive prejudice but the system was programmed to shut you out. Do your research.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by maternal: 8:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
Black Americans have the worst living standards and are the poorest in the developed world.

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:00pm On Mar 25, 2019
jesmond3945:
institutional racism targetted at blacks. I am talking from experience and research. You can do your research infact a Nigerian doctor won 1m pounds because of it, another african 35k pounds. If you are asian you would only receive prejudice but many opprortunities while african you would not only receive prejudice but the system was programmed to shut you out. Do your research.

but the asians came to the Uk, they were also shut out of the system, they started entrepreneurship and owning stores and employing their own to move up the ladder and creating their own communities but why did africans didnt do just that, are we going to blame every opportunity we missed on racism.

2 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:05pm On Mar 25, 2019
maternal:
Black Americans have the worst living standards and are the poorest in the developed world.

but they also have predominately middle class and upper middle-class blacks neighborhoods while in the uk it is non existence among black there

black Americans spending power is about 1.2 trillion US, that is more than the spending power of uk blacks and also more than the gdp of some eastern European countries
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by maternal: 9:13pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

but they also have predominately middle class and upper middle-class blacks neighborhoods while in the uk it is non existence among black there

black Americans spending power is about 1.2 trillion US, that is more than the spending power of uk blacks and also more than the gdp of some eastern European countries

The U.S. has the world's biggest economy. So naturally black Americans would have a bigger GDP than other blacks around the world. The data is skewed because a guy like LeBron James or P.DIddy who makes millions per year, would automatically increase the average income of a black American due to their insane yearly salary. But it still doesn't tell the true picture of the average yearly black American salary.

3 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 9:15pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

but the asians came to the Uk, they were also shut out of the system, they started entrepreneurship and owning stores and employing their own to move up the ladder and creating their own communities but why did africans didnt do just that, are we going to blame every opportunity we missed on racism.

Asians are like Jews,creative.

Trust me asians face the same shi.t like blacks.

But u know we blacks were never meant to bbe.

Sorry that's d sad truth.

Look at China, do u know Ghana Nigeria were once faring better than China at one point in time.

Now look at China now,a country of 1 billion plus,look at Africa not more than 800million after removing north Africans.

The truth is we Black's ateare cursed,I'm not sure maybe its from God or we were meant to never achieve anything.

Do u know when a Chinese studies in USA, he or she takes the knowledge back home or steals the knowledge to develop her country.

But Africans we go to USA get successful after then we try to stay there and run away from home,not developing our country.

Do u know y trumps hates China?

Are u trying to say what trump is doing to China is not typically what white ppl do to other races.

But d Chinese don't give up and strive till they are better than are.

Thats y Asians are faring better than blacks

4 Likes

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by OyinbowithaTan(m): 9:18pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

A lot of upper income blacks in the USA live in majority white suburbs, not all but many. In the southern states there will be more blacks majority middle and upper middle class majority suburbs like metro Atlanta.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 9:23pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

This argument is dumb,America has larger landmass larger population, third in the world

Larger developed economy.

If u want to compare then compare to China.

UK is tooooo small to make a comparison.

And where did u get your facts blacks control 1.2 trillion dollars out of 22 trillion dollars USA economy.

Give me a reputable source for your information.

I don't want black American source, because those guys make crap up.

I've been to many of their sites.

And what's the percentage u should b using.

Here's a fact:

Do u know black Americans make up 13% of over 400 million USA population but commit over 70% of the crime in USA.

How does a race that has that statistics have so 'many' upper class.

Hahaha

1 Like

Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Ugosample(m): 9:24pm On Mar 25, 2019
I knew this topic would be interesting tongue
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by jesmond3945: 9:32pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

they came in the 60s before the windrush generation came probably in the 80s. So by then they have already established themselves. Besides they came at a time when the UK badly needed labour and they capitalized on that to establsh themselves. They have also excelled in human endeavours bringing good tidings to Uk. Africans and the windrush generation didnt come because of economic reasons probably humanitarian. Have you asked yourself while Mrs May was the home secetary why she wanted to deport the windrush generation and not the asians as idi amin did? The truth is that the Bristish system value the asians more than the Africans, thats why they are even ready to align with Islam in order to keep them. Look at the Mayor of London and the present Home Secetary.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Mar 25, 2019
Unlimitk:

This argument is dumb,America has larger landmass larger population, third in the world

Larger developed economy.

If u want to compare then compare to China.

UK is tooooo small to make a comparison.

And where did u get your facts blacks control 1.2 trillion dollars out of 22 trillion dollars USA economy.

Give me a reputable source for your information.

I don't want black American source, because those guys make crap up.

I've been to many of their sites.

And what's the percentage u should b using.

Here's a fact:

Do u know black Americans make up 13% of over 400 million USA population but commit over 70% of the crime in USA.

How does a race that has that statistics have so 'many' upper class.

Hahaha

amazing but have you read what you wrote down and see how you reason,it will be nice if you read what you wrote.

all my facts are from the internet, so the UK is not a developed country that is what you meant

i wasnt talking about crime, i was talking about affluent black neighborhoods in the UK, if you have 1, you can list the areas for me.

A New Nielsen Report Puts Black Buying Power at $1.2 Trillion
http://fortune.com/2018/02/28/raceahead-nielsen-report-black-buying-power/
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 25, 2019
OyinbowithaTan:

A lot of upper income blacks in the USA live in majority white suburbs, not all but many. In the southern states there will be more blacks majority middle and upper middle class majority suburbs like metro Atlanta.

but in the UK, there are no black middle and upper class majority suburbs
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Mar 25, 2019
jesmond3945:
they came in the 60s before the windrush generation came probably in the 80s. So by then they have already established themselves. Besides they came at a time when the UK badly needed labour and they capitalized on that to establsh themselves. They have also excelled in human endeavours bringing good tidings to Uk. Africans and the windrush generation didnt come because of economic reasons probably humanitarian. Have you asked yourself while Mrs May was the home secetary why she wanted to deport the windrush generation and not the asians as idi amin did? The truth is that the Bristish system value the asians more than the Africans, thats why they are even ready to align with Islam in order to keep them. Look at the Mayor of London and the present Home Secetary.

the UK system value the Asians than the blacks because one group add to the economy and create jobs while another take away.

Now that you have given an analysis of the different time each group came that is just 20 years difference, this 2019, why are we not building anything but the asians are even till now still building, nothing stopping us from building and creating legacies like the Asians are doing. funny enough the asians are even providing and selling our local ingredients in their corner shops and their stores.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 9:44pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

amazing but have you read what you wrote down and see how you reason,it will be nice if you read what you wrote.

all my facts are from the internet, so the UK is not a developed country that is what you meant

i wasnt talking about crime, i was talking about affluent black neighborhoods in the UK, if you have 1, you can list the areas for me.

A New Nielsen Report Puts Black Buying Power at $1.2 Trillion
http://fortune.com/2018/02/28/raceahead-nielsen-report-black-buying-power/

Are u sure its not a black American website?

But I will still stand on blacks faring better in UK than USA
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:45pm On Mar 25, 2019
Unlimitk:

Asians are like Jews,creative.

Trust me asians face the same shi.t like blacks.

But u know we blacks were never meant to bbe.

Sorry that's d sad truth.

Look at China, do u know Ghana Nigeria were once faring better than China at one point in time.

Now look at China now,a country of 1 billion plus,look at Africa not more than 800million after removing north Africans.

The truth is we Black's ateare cursed,I'm not sure maybe its from God or we were meant to never achieve anything.

Do u know when a Chinese studies in USA, he or she takes the knowledge back home or steals the knowledge to develop her country.

But Africans we go to USA get successful after then we try to stay there and run away from home,not developing our country.

Do u know y trumps hates China?

Are u trying to say what trump is doing to China is not typically what white ppl do to other races.

But d Chinese don't give up and strive till they are better than are.

Thats y Asians are faring better than blacks

what you have just written down, does it not sum up an inferiority complex.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:46pm On Mar 25, 2019
Unlimitk:

Are u sure its not a black American website?

But I will still stand on blacks faring better in UK than USA

i laugh in french.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by jesmond3945: 9:52pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

the UK system value the Asians than the blacks because one group add to the economy and create jobs while another take away.

Now that you have given an analysis of the different time each group came that is just 20 years difference, this 2019, why are we not building anything but the asians are even till now, nothing stopping us from building and creating legacies like the asians are doing

thats not true. Who told you blacks take job away. What blacks needs is equal opportunity but they are marginalized just like the igbos in Nigeria. The white british know that if you give them chance they would overtake and also they have huge stereotypes about us. Infact it is a long story. The only place black people are given opportunity is in sports.
The british value the asians more, even they value chinese more. Come to Uk universities the chinese are all over the place. Infact the chinese would replace the indians and pakis in the near future.
The blacks cannot kill themselves thats why you see them going to Gods beloved country America were they have equal opportunity.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 9:54pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

what you have just written down, does it not sum up an inferiority complex.

I'm a realist.

Because my brother was accused of stealing doesn't mean I would defend him.

Facts are facts, that's y I deal with facts,not emotions.

I'm an atheist,I don't believe in God.

Facts doesn't care who u are,it hurts just like d truth.

Logic is facts.

Even though I'm a black person doesn't mean I'm blind to what is going on in d world.

To deny it means I'm living a fantasy and not reality.

My question to u is,are u living in reality?
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Mar 25, 2019
Unlimitk:

I wrote that again that it doesn't mean blacks are living in Paradise in UK.

Wtf?! No black middle class in uk?

U Must b joking,there are tens of middle class areas in UK where black people are doing OK,for u to believe a whole race doesnt have one middle class,let's ecebeven leave upper class oo.

Oga i tire, the reason y is this
1)America is more popular so ppl would know more about usa than UK ,even that Detroit I first knew about it In American movies before I researched about it.

2) u didn't search enough,being ignorant as u are,I'm sure u could have gone to Google and typed 'black middle class areas or community in UK' that would solve u a lot of trouble.

3)research well before jumping to conclusions my brother.

you just wrote rubbish down

Pls list areas in the UK where it is black predominate middle-class areas

pls know the differences between a blacks middle class and black middle-class neighborhoods, they are 2 different things

blacks in the UK do have middle class and upper middle class and many of them consist of sports men and entertainers.
Re: Why Are There No Affluent Black Communities In The UK Unlike The US? by Unlimitk(m): 9:59pm On Mar 25, 2019
wetdick:

you just wrote rubbish down

Pls list areas in the UK where it is a black predominate middle-class areas

pls know the differences between a blacks middle class and black middle-class neighborhoods, they are 2 different things

blacks in the UK do have middle class and upper middle class and many of them consist of sports men and entertainers.

I give up.

I hate ppl who write with emotions

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Route From Lagos Ajah To Abeokuta / Dubai Bans Nigerians Singles Below 40 From Visiting / Lesson from Indonesia's economic and social development

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.