Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,623 members, 7,851,103 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 01:29 PM

Usa Immigrant Visa - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Usa Immigrant Visa (2478 Views)

Living In Canada/Life As A Canadian Immigrant Part 2 / Living In The Uk/life As A UK Immigrant / Living In Australia/life As An Australian Immigrant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Usa Immigrant Visa by Helpout12345: 5:31pm On Oct 28, 2022
rsunky2:
Thank you so much sir

God bless you

You are welcome. Good luck!
Re: Usa Immigrant Visa by bigdrey(m): 4:03pm On Nov 30, 2022
Helpout12345:
Another advise I have for you is that you are currently on F2B which is for unmarried adult children of LPR. If you get married during this process, you will be moved to F3, married adult children of US citizens.

F3 has longer wait time. Your priority date is in 2019 and they are currently on 2008 for F3. 2019 minus 2008, is 11 years from now for you in F3.

To avoid being moved to F3, remain unmarried but you can have children while waiting.

If you need more specific information further, just ask

Pls how do they know one is married? What if you get married and you don’t update your profile? Are there any implications to that?
Re: Usa Immigrant Visa by ttmacoy: 5:29pm On Nov 30, 2022
Derived citizenship applies if he was born outside the US but his parents were US citizens at birth then the child will automatically derive US citizenship from birth.

https://mh.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/derivative-u-s-citizenship-for-adults/#:~:text=Applicants%2018%20years%20old%20and,a%20first%2Dtime%20U.S.%20passport.

You may be referring to acquisition of citizenship when the parent becomes a citizen, the child has to be under 18 years old.

https://www.uscis.gov/policy-manual/volume-12-part-h-chapter-4#:~:text=According%20to%20INA%20320%2C%20a,including%20an%20adoptive%20parent)%3B

The only option I see is for the father to apply when he becomes a citizen but as already stated the wait time is long. He will fall under F2B and they are currently working on application submitted September 2015 so about 7 year wait.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-november-2022.html

rinzaugustine:
Wait for your dad to become a citizen as you will automatically become eligible to derive your citizenship from him
Re: Usa Immigrant Visa by ttmacoy: 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2022
You need to read up and educate yourself on how the process works. This bulletin is updated every month and shows what dates they are working on i.e. applications submitted before/on that date so you can get an idea how long before they will start working on applications submitted March this year.

You're looking about 5-6 year wait if not married (F1). If married like your sister she will be F3 category, and they are working on applications submitted November 2008 so 14 year wait. TBH she should just forget about it or accept it's for her children.

On a positive note, you're not from India, China or Philippines who have up to 25 year wait for F3.

https://travel.state.gov/content/travel/en/legal/visa-law0/visa-bulletin/2023/visa-bulletin-for-november-2022.html

rsunky2:
GOOD DAY MY FATHER IS AN AMERICAN CITIZEN SO HE FILLED FOR ME AND MY SISTER WHO SHE IS MARRIED WITH TWO KIDS. SO ON THE USCIS THE DATE HE FILLED WAS MARCH SO ANYTIME I CHECK IS ALWAYS SAYING AS MARCH 6 THE CASE IS STILL UNDER REVIEW SO WHEN IS IT GOING TO BE APPROVED AND WHAT AND WHAT DO I NEED TO KNOW ON THIS BECAUSE I NEED KNOWLEDGE KINDLY HELP OUT

(1) (2) (Reply)

Hotels Near Embassy / Which Area In Lagos State Nigeria Is More Compatible For Living / UK Or Sweden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.