Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,296 members, 7,815,521 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:51 PM

What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming (1336 Views)

Good PC Spec For Programming And Design: Your Advice / Minimum Computer Specs For Programming / Recommend A Laptop For Programming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 27, 2019
Hello Everyone
Please what is the minimum spec for a laptop if I want to learn programming
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by asalimpo(m): 4:16pm On Mar 27, 2019
Tella360:
Hello Everyone
i would go for an i5. I dont think specs matter cuz as a noob u wont b creating anything tht would tax ur system anytime soon (i.e in years) but for heavy system users,i would settle for i5.
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 4:43pm On Mar 27, 2019
Okay that means a duo core or i3 is good
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by EvilSec: 9:35pm On Mar 27, 2019
Tella360:
Hello Everyone
If you're just starting out, you won't be doing any heavy programming! And any laptop will work just fine. You could even program on a small 35$ microcomputer like the PI.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by asalimpo(m): 1:15am On Mar 28, 2019
Tella360:
Okay that means a duo core or i3 is good
yeah. If you r going to have to choose,choose one with higher specs.
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 28, 2019
EvilSec:

If you're just starting out, you won't be doing any heavy programming! And any laptop will work just fine. You could even program on a small 35$ microcomputer like the PI.
Okay thanks so much
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 7:00am On Mar 28, 2019
asalimpo:

yeah. If you r going to have to choose,choose one with higher specs.
That means I should buy core i3 right
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by asalimpo(m): 1:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
Tella360:
That means I should buy core i3 right
if that's ur budget,yeah. i3 > i2 (dual core)
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 3:48pm On Mar 28, 2019
asalimpo:

if that's ur budget,yeah. i3 > i2 (dual core)
Okay Thanks so much
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by CodeTemplar: 5:13pm On Mar 28, 2019
My advise is to go for a laptop with processor cache of at least 2mb if low on cash. A 3mb cache processor is definitively better but a 4mb ( harder to find) is even better and would run so many things.
From experience 3mb can run most IDEs.

As for other specs 250gb or more of HDD, 4gb or more of RAM, and screen of at least 1280 PX wide is manageable for development.
The key specs is Cache and most core i3 or i5 have 3mb.
Just google your exact processor model spec and you will see the cache size of your processor model.
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 6:53pm On Mar 28, 2019
CodeTemplar:
My advise is to go for a laptop with processor cache of at least 2mb if low on cash. A 3mb cache processor is definitively better but a 4mb ( harder to find) is even better and would run so many things.
From experience 3mb can run most IDEs.

As for other specs 250gb or more of HDD, 4gb or more of RAM, and screen of at least 1280 PX wide is manageable for development.
The key specs is Cache and most core i3 or i5 have 3mb.
Just google your exact processor model spec and you will see the cache size of your processor model.
Thanks so much and Cache is very important right.
What are also the important thing apart from what you mention
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by seunny4lif(m): 9:42pm On Mar 28, 2019
Depending on what you want to program.
If it’s Java and Android development than you need at least Core i5 and your 8GB ram or else the system will make programming frustrate you.
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 7:39am On Mar 29, 2019
seunny4lif:
Depending on what you want to program.
If it’s Java and Android development than you need at least Core i5 and your 8GB ram or else the system will make programming frustrate you.
What of Phyton and the C languages do they require that kind of spec
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by seunny4lif(m): 6:33pm On Mar 29, 2019
Tella360:

What of Phyton and the C languages do they require that kind of spec
I don’t really know becos I have be using corei5 for sometimes now.
You can get a 3rd generation core i5 and just put a 8GB ram and you on fire.
Re: What Is The Minimum Spec For Laptops Used For Programming by Nobody: 7:34am On Mar 30, 2019
seunny4lif:

I don’t really know becos I have be using corei5 for sometimes now.
You can get a 3rd generation core i5 and just put a 8GB ram and you on fire.
Thanks so much for the information

(1) (Reply)

Time For A Nairaland Upgrade / Getting Started With Firebase Realtime Database On The Web / If You Are A Programmer, Here's Some Really Funny Programmers Jokes. (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.