Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,912 members, 7,835,050 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 02:26 AM

Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? (1549 Views)

My Genotype Is AS And My Fiancee Is AS; What Do I Do? / Is There Any Relation Word Like A Half Brother Or Sister? / When Your Brother Or Sister Turns Into A Stranger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Hidemyface: 9:18am On Mar 29, 2019
So I have been bottling up for a long time now. My brother stays with me and his girl occasionally comes around. My issue with this is that my food grin wey I dey manage cos of hard weather, he gives it to her. I go to the market to buy food stuffs to provide for two mouths but he is adding one more mouth. I have other responsibilities to cater for and won't want food to be my headache but it gets frustrating when I come back or want to eat and can't eat what I plan. He's already seeing my complains as too much cos he stays with me which I don't want him to but mehn I'm getting tired. Tell his babe to stop coming or still talk to him and risk depressing him more(he once contemplated suicide). Na me dey go market to buy this stuffs. Tho it's not in our culture to use food do bad.
Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by donbachi(m): 9:32am On Mar 29, 2019
New borns are brought into the world daily...God never complained of air shortage for you...common food you are complaining.why not hand everything to God and watch him provide more for you guys....whether you share or not,one day it will still finish.may God continually provide for you.
Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Hidemyface: 9:34am On Mar 29, 2019
donbachi:
New borns are brought into the world daily...God never complained of air shortage for you...common food you are complaining.why not hand everything to God and watch him provide more for you guys....whether you share or not,one day it will still finish.may God continually provide for you.

Amen.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Richy4(m): 10:31am On Mar 29, 2019
Firstly..How old is your brother

secondly..how long is he planning to stay @ your place ( Months or years)

Thirdly... Do not be too scared to show him or tell him the situation about your account balance... Even a child understands when money is not available not to talk of someone old enough to have a girlfriend... Don't be a nag but be realistic about your financial situations with him..

7 Likes

Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Chiquitq(f): 12:45pm On Mar 29, 2019
how old are you/ are you the older brother or younger? why would you think of even talking to his fiance about not coming again? Food may be scarce today but abundant tommorrow. dont asssume that your brother wont be richer than you in the future. it may be this fiance that would be packing food stuff to give you. is your brother not working? if not, why the fiance status? if yes, what does he do with his money? Your brother should be able to read your body language also. small time now, he would impregnate her and she would refuse to go.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by piroux(f): 1:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
As a poster said, communicate to him as gently as possible that you cannot afford to feed two mouths right now. Don't allow anyone undermine your feelings, people can be entitled without even being aware of it. It's your food and your money so you have a right to know how it disappears.
What you shouldn't do is talk to the girl. Let your brother do that. Why does a woman have a suicidal man who isn't doing well and still bothers him with her daily feeding anyway? Isn't she aware of his earnings and capabilities? Hmm, woman are trying sha.
Get someone to talk to your brother though. If you're afraid to talk about food to him, then you're in more trouble than you know.

2 Likes

Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Hidemyface: 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
piroux:
As a poster said, communicate to him as gently as possible that you cannot afford to feed two mouths right now. Don't allow anyone undermine your feelings, people can be entitled without even being aware of it. It's your food and your money so you have a right to know how it disappears.
What you shouldn't do is talk to the girl. Let your brother do that. Why does a woman have a suicidal man who isn't doing well and still bothers him with her daily feeding anyway? Isn't she aware of his earnings and capabilities? Hmm, woman are trying sha.
Get someone to talk to your brother though. If you're afraid to talk about food to him, then you're in more trouble than you know.

Chiquitq:
how old are you/ are you the older brother or younger? why would you think of even talking to his fiance about not coming again? Food may be scarce today but abundant tommorrow. dont asssume that your brother wont be richer than you in the future. it may be this fiance that would be packing food stuff to give you. is your brother not working? if not, why the fiance status? if yes, what does he do with his money? Your brother should be able to read your body language also. small time now, he would impregnate her and she would refuse to go.

Richy4:
Firstly..How old is your brother

secondly..how long is he planning to stay @ your place ( Months or years)

Thirdly... Do not be too scared to show him or tell him the situation about your account balance... Even a child understands when money is not available not to talk of someone old enough to have a girlfriend... Don't be a nag but be realistic about your financial situations with him..

Thank you guys. Don't want to go into details as this post was intended to be a rant and outlet for my bottled up frustrations and I earnestly pray for things to turn around for him. My prayer has always been to have more than enough. I'll talk to him, it's just that I'm very patient to a fault.

1 Like

Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by partnerbizz4: 6:44pm On Mar 29, 2019
Hidemyface:

Thank you guys. Don't want to go into details as this post was intended to be a rant and outlet for my bottled up frustrations and I earnestly pray for things to turn around for him. My prayer has always been to have more than enough. I'll talk to him, it's just that I'm very patient to a fault.

Is it only food that they are taking?
Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Evtspez: 10:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
To advice you on your question, talk to your brother.

I can't forget my mother's teachings, the one on food says "never deprive anyone of food, remember the end is poo"
I have this joy when I offer people food and they accept. I love it. If I'm your bro if you ask me about the food stuff, I will never eat anything that belongs to you again. But we are different sha but........
Don't let your bro start de look you with one kind eye.
Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Hidemyface: 1:37pm On Mar 30, 2019
Evtspez:
To advice you on your question, talk to your brother.

I can't forget my mother's teachings, the one on food says "never deprive anyone of food, remember the end is poo"
I have this joy when I offer people food and they accept. I love it. If I'm your bro if you ask me about the food stuff, I will never eat anything that belongs to you again. But we are different sha but........
Don't let your bro start de look you with one kind eye.
Thanks for the advise. I don't deny people food. In fact, I cook more than most ladies and gladly share my food cheesy it's just the unexpected guest I receive when I am not ready. Imagine buying bread to last for three days and when you open the fridge the next day, bread don remain just 2slices and peanut butter don get deep hole for the middle. That thing dey paaain! I have talked to him before and trying not to cause bad blood between us besides he's my elder brother.
Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by Hidemyface: 1:44pm On Mar 30, 2019
partnerbizz4:

Is it only food that they are taking?
I summed everything to food. Others I'm learning to live with.
Re: Who Should I Talk To, My Brother Or His Fiancee? by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:25pm On Mar 30, 2019
Hidemyface:
So I have been bottling up for a long time now. My brother stays with me and his girl occasionally comes around. My issue with this is that my food grin wey I dey manage cos of hard weather, he gives it to her. I go to the market to buy food stuffs to provide for two mouths but he is adding one more mouth. I have other responsibilities to cater for and won't want food to be my headache but it gets frustrating when I come back or want to eat and can't eat what I plan. He's already seeing my complains as too much cos he stays with me which I don't want him to but mehn I'm getting tired. Tell his babe to stop coming or still talk to him and risk depressing him more(he once contemplated suicide). Na me dey go market to buy this stuffs. Tho it's not in our culture to use food do bad.

Tell your brother, he too knows what the economy says, haba. The girl too doesn't have shame, so she can't contribute to the feeding of the house.

(1) (Reply)

Benefits Of Shea Butter+Coconut Oil Mix / I Can't Stay Indoors Because My Wife's Trouble Are Bigger Than Corona Virus / Man Donates Half Of His Liver To His Future Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.