Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,242 members, 7,836,154 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 09:39 PM

how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? (992 Views)

Don’t Make The Mistake I Made / How Spanish Flu Killed 500,000 Nigerians 102 Years Ago / Kano Man Found Alive After ‘drowning’ 30 Years Ago (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by tunde4top(m): 1:43pm On Mar 29, 2019
Let me briefly introduce myself first before diving into the main issue.

My name is Baba-Tunde (lost my dad before I was born). 29 years old. I am the last of four. My mum did not remarry till we lost her two years ago.

I am a man with a very strong desire and determination to succeed. I have sacrificed a lot till date (including my sexual life) in order to make sure I deliver my vow of becoming the revolution in my family.

In year 2000, I had a serious leg injury that stopped my education for good four years and could not stand or walk for that period of time.

When I overcame the problem in year 2004 at mogbobi, the house was already drained financially. I was encouraged to learn hand work. I told myself to never sacrifice my academic dream for any challenge. I went on to use the money donated to me by some community people to set up a call center business at age 14 (in late 2004). I was able to single handedly finance my education till I gained admission to study Physics science at UNILAG in year 2009. It was really challenging for me to amend and turn the four years deficit around.

Fast forwarding to year 2013. Time for my 6 months industrial training program. I approached this couple that used to frequently buy recharge cards from me. The husband succeeded in helping me to do my IT in the company he was working for. I was so excited to begin work at ABC (the first in the family to work in a corporate organization) but never knew that a very costly accident/mistake was waiting to happen.

2 months after I started, we the IT guys were instructed to rearrange things in the computer hardware lab. So we took many 'system units' out during that process. When we started returning the system units back. I already bent my head down to carry one but another IT guy came with a fast speed to carry another beside the one I was about to carry. He mistakingly, seriously and swiftly hit my head with his system unit in the process. He told me sorry and left.

That was how it all started. In few hours later, I started feeling serious dryness and bites of pain in my head. If sun should shine on my head, it turns to heat inside my head.

With all the above signs, I still kept things to myself and taught things would go back to normal in time. I also did not want the person that brought me in to regret helping me in. So I endured with the injury till the end of the program. I failed to hold the company accountable.

When I resumed back at school, I went straight to UNILAG medical center, complained to them. They did Skull xray for me. They said they could not find anything wrong. They gave me sleeping tablets and pain killer drugs. I went back to meet them after few days that the symptoms were still there. They told me to take my mind off it that nothing is wrong with me.

That was how I started enduring the pains and learning how to live with it. I was on a CGPA of 4.22 before going for the IT program.

As a result of the injury, my assimilation level/mental energy seriously dropped and only got a GPA of 2.8 in my 400 level 1st semester. The more I think or read, the more I feel the pain and heat inside my head. I did everything possible to finish with 2:1 and got a GPA of 4.0 in my last semester. I finally finished with 3.9 CGPA.

I finished my NYSC in year 2016 and proceeded straight to computer village to learn laptop repair with the little money I saved during my NYSC period. It was very tough for me to learn with the head injury but did manage.

No financial strength to follow up on this long time injury.... Here I am today, scared to further my education or writing professional certifications like CCNA and IELTS.

I needed money to go through the medical routes, so I managed to start a white collar job 2 months ago. The work has been very demanding mentally than I taught and the injury seems getting worse.

I finally went to ifako-ijaiye general hospital last Saturday and was told to do CT scan. I plan to do that on Mon/Tuesday. Now i am scared of the possible outcome.

My regret now is. Why did I not hold the company accountable then and prevent all these dark years?
Re: how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by nenyec2: 1:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
sorry but u have to meet your pastor kiss
Re: how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by tunde4top(m): 4:00pm On Mar 29, 2019
nenyec2:
sorry but u have to meet your pastor kiss

Thanks. Can a mod help me push this to a larger audience. ccc dominique
Re: how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by oxypress: 5:19pm On Mar 29, 2019
Your problem is very much understood. It is known as post-concussion syndrome.
So what else do you want to know?
Read this for more info: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-concussion-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353352
Re: how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by tunde4top(m): 5:59pm On Mar 29, 2019
oxypress:
Your problem is very much understood. It is known as post-concussion syndrome.
So what else do you want to know?
Read this for more info: https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/post-concussion-syndrome/symptoms-causes/syc-20353352

Many thanks. The effect in the last 3 days is becoming unbearable for me. I now find it difficult to sleep both in the day and night due to the increased pain and bites of pain.
Re: how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by seborrhic: 6:51pm On Mar 29, 2019
Your main concern is holding the company responsible,not the outcome of the CT scan.Wonderful.
So pls educate us on how the company was responsible for your colleague mistakenly hitting your head with the laptop.
Why don't you go one step further by holding your then colleague.
You obviously been reading many foreign journals or channels and feel a company can be held responsible for everything and pay massive compensation.
Re: how the Mistake of 5 years ago Is Still Tormenting My Life And Career Till Date? by oxypress: 2:33pm On Mar 30, 2019
tunde4top:

Many thanks. The effect in the last 3 days is becoming unbearable for me. I now find it difficult to sleep both in the day and night due to the increased pain and bites of pain.
Since we understand what is happening the treatment will be same as that given to patient with traumatic brain injury (TBI) or American war veterans or NFL players who suffer concussion or the so called chronic traumatic encephalopathy- (CTE). The treatment is called hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT).
If the treatment is not within your reach consult a neurologist. Unfortunately the condition is resistant to standard treatment because the healing component is missing.
The difference between both is that hbot will create a permanent healing solution while all others will not. Read this: https://www.militarynews.com/norfolk-navy-flagship/new-study-shows-hyperbaric-oxygen-therapy-helps-veterans-with-brain/article_9369b640-a2fe-5d67-8e65-ca238f2459fc.html
2)https://obispohyperbaric.com/sports

(1) (Reply)

Singapore Reports Rare Monkey Pox Virus By Nigerian / Benefits Of Choosing FUE Hair Treatment / Very Potent And Real Aphrodisiac For Females Is Available. The Best

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.