Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,220 members, 7,818,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:43 AM

Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? (1462 Views)

Can I Get A Good Man/ husband From Nairaland / As Married Couple, How Do You Share The Responsibility Of Buying Items At Home? / This Is Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by farous(m): 3:58pm On Mar 29, 2019
Please i wish to ask especially from married couples how do they go about family expenses.Is it the man that caters for EVERYTHING in the family?. A situation arose where a wife told the husband pointblank that everything in running or taking care of the family is HIS responsibility and he should take up the responsibility and the wife contributes nothing on the assumption that it is never her responsibility to take care of any expenses and will always be quoting that God says man is the head of the family and should be providing for the family,hence the husband should face her responsibility and is never her business to do so even as she is making money from what she is doing but refused to cater for any responsibility even if the most common thing get finished in the house,she can never buy it but took it that it is the duty of the husband.This has been happening for long since they got married and the husband is getting upset as he see it as being heartless and uncalled for even when he doesnt have much yet she doesnt care about what the husband is passing through.Is it wise that a man will lack money atimes in the house and will go and borrow just to fend the family,yet the wife is doing something and have money with her but refuse to imapct on him.

The question is, "IS FAMILY EXPENSES THE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE HUSBAND ALONE?
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by hisgrace090: 4:49pm On Mar 29, 2019
If so what'll be the role of the almighty feminist?
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ryut: 6:35pm On Mar 29, 2019
farous:
Please i wish to ask especially from married couples how do they go about family expenses.Is it the man that caters for EVERYTHING in the family?. A situation arose where a wife told the husband pointblank that everything in running or taking care of the family is HIS responsibility and he should take up the responsibility and the wife contributes nothing on the assumption that it is never her responsibility to take care of any expenses and will always be quoting that God says man is the head of the family and should be providing for the family,hence the husband should face her responsibility and is never her business to do so even as she is making money from what she is doing but refused to cater for any responsibility even if the most common thing get finished in the house,she can never buy it but took it that it is the duty of the husband.This has been happening for long since they got married and the husband is getting upset as he see it as being heartless and uncalled for even when he doesnt have much yet she doesnt care about what the husband is passing through.Is it wise that a man will lack money atimes in the house and will go and borrow just to fend the family,yet the wife is doing something and have money with her but refuse to imapct on him.

Bad experience caused by marrying a bad wife .
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by tintingz(m): 9:03pm On Mar 29, 2019
farous:

NO!
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by tintingz(m): 9:04pm On Mar 29, 2019
ryut:

Bad experience caused by marrying a bad wife .
and also marrying bad husband.
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by bukatyne(f): 9:50pm On Mar 29, 2019
farous:

Where you there when they started their marriage?

Do you know the premise the marriage was built on?

No right or wrong in this case
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ednut1(m): 7:15am On Mar 30, 2019
I would rather remain single than marry a woman i would cater for exclusively. A friend borrowed money from me and 3 other pple to pay rent. Bt his wife had 2m savings he go to know about. Nonsense
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by aAK1(m): 10:07am On Mar 30, 2019
ednut1:
I would rather remain single than marry a woman i would cater for exclusively. A friend borrowed money from me and 3 other pple to pay rent. Bt his wife had 2m savings he go to know about. Nonsense
there is really no point in getting married if marriage will ad load to your life. Some women really can be stupid sha. I also think it’s good men start talking about this things before getting married so u know exactly where your woman stands. Marriages like this would either stagnate you or put you into retrogression

1 Like

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ogawisdom(m): 3:58pm On Mar 30, 2019
It's not true except the woman is heartless but the man is expected to carry most load. So 70 : 30 is fair especially when the woman is doing something
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by aanuoluwami14(f): 5:17pm On Mar 30, 2019
farous:
Please i wish to ask especially from married couples how do they go about family expenses.Is it the man that caters for EVERYTHING in the family?. A situation arose where a wife told the husband pointblank that everything in running or taking care of the family is HIS responsibility and he should take up the responsibility and the wife contributes nothing on the assumption that it is never her responsibility to take care of any expenses and will always be quoting that God says man is the head of the family and should be providing for the family,hence the husband should face her responsibility and is never her business to do so even as she is making money from what she is doing but refused to cater for any responsibility even if the most common thing get finished in the house,she can never buy it but took it that it is the duty of the husband.This has been happening for long since they got married and the husband is getting upset as he see it as being heartless and uncalled for even when he doesnt have much yet she doesnt care about what the husband is passing through.Is it wise that a man will lack money atimes in the house and will go and borrow just to fend the family,yet the wife is doing something and have money with her refuse to imapct on him.

No, a responsible wife must be ready to support her family. God will always bless the hands of giver
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by farous(m): 7:24am On Mar 31, 2019
I reasoned in the same way with all the comments
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ThothHermes: 10:02am On Mar 31, 2019
Yes.

I wouldn't want her support. Let her use her money for shopping and whatever else women like to do.
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ednut1(m): 10:30am On Mar 31, 2019
ThothHermes:
Yes.

I wouldn't want her support. Let her use her money for shopping and whatever else women like to do.
even when life happens ie u lose a job or business went south She should not use her money to cover u
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Pavore9: 10:50am On Mar 31, 2019
Some men feel emasculated if their wives are sharing the bills with them while some women question why they should financially contribute to the family's upkeep. Marriage is a union that requires the contribution of both in different areas of their family life.

It is stark reality in Nigeria that husbands die before their wives and I do ask women who are convinced they have no business helping out financially in the family, that should they find themselves as widows will they go to their husband's grave to demand for money to cater for their children? angry

2 Likes

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Bossjakande: 10:56am On Mar 31, 2019
Pavore9:
Some men feel emasculated if their wives are sharing the bills with them while some women question why they should financially contribute to the family's upkeep. Marriage is a union that requires the contribution of both in different areas of their family life.

It is stark reality in Nigeria that husbands die before their wives and I do ask women who are convinced they have no business helping out financially in the family, that should they find themselves as widows will they go to their husband's grave to demand for money to cater for their children? angry
I think u are a girl
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Pavore9: 11:01am On Mar 31, 2019
Bossjakande:
I think u are a girl

Bros, which one be this trailing, u see me for your dream? shocked

2 Likes

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by DonroxyII: 11:11am On Mar 31, 2019
we bear home front Jointly ..... 60/40 or worst 70/30 ...... if she earns far beyond me na 50/50 ..... the percentage is based on individual earnings .......
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ThothHermes: 11:24am On Mar 31, 2019
ednut1:
even when life happens ie u lose a job or business went south She should not use her money to cover u
Extraordinary circumstances are different. Status quo for me is man alone. This is why I won't get married till I am very financially well off.

1 Like

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Nobody: 1:12pm On Mar 31, 2019
ThothHermes:
Yes.

Marry me grin

1 Like

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ThothHermes: 1:44pm On Mar 31, 2019
sherylbakky:
Marry me grin
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Nobody: 2:08pm On Mar 31, 2019
Are you also willing to do 70;30 around the house, and cook meals for the family when The woman is tired. Also wash plates and sweep the house when I’m unable to do so. Most naija men do not even want to lift a finger in the house, and to even fry common egg they’ll complain. Well as long as there’s a mutual understanding, each to their own. I’d rather everybody have their individual roles so they’ll be no confusion, that’s a true partnership. They’ll be no burden left on anyone.
ogawisdom:
It's not true except the woman is heartless but the man is expected to carry most load. So 70 : 30 is fair especially when the woman is doing something

2 Likes

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by ogawisdom(m): 4:39pm On Mar 31, 2019
Saffi:
Are you also willing to do 70;30 around the house, and cook meals for the family when The woman is tired. Also wash plates and sweep the house when I’m unable to do so. Most naija men do not even want to lift a finger in the house, and to even fry common egg they’ll complain. Well as long as there’s a mutual understanding, each to their own. I’d rather everybody have their individual roles so they’ll be no confusion, that’s a true partnership. They’ll be no burden left on anyone.

Yeah
Men should be willing to help out in the house, wherever they can
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Nobody: 5:50pm On Mar 31, 2019
That’s good then
ogawisdom:

Yeah
Men should be willing to help out in the house, wherever they can
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by MrBrownJay1(m): 8:07pm On Mar 31, 2019
farous:

such question must be ASKED and SETTLED between two lovers, way before marriage!
some women expect it to be solely a man's responsibility, while others will gladly share equally such responsibility with their husband.

its all down to every individuals, therefore the solution here is simply to FIND A PARTNER WITH THE SAME VIEWS AS YOURS on this issue.
et voila!
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Nimmadiji(f): 8:34pm On Mar 31, 2019
It's 2019 please.

There is no one size fits all when it comes to marriage. This is something you discuss with your fiancé/fiancée before you marry them to be sure you're on the same page. Some men don't mind handling expenses 100% and some expect their partners to pitch in.

1 Like

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Chubhie: 8:38pm On Mar 31, 2019
Naturally, A man should derive a natural high by taking good care of his family. But in today's buhari era, A wise man will turn his household into productive team members.

Times have changed. It's best to first secure the financial future of a family before attempting to start one.

1 Like

Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by MrBrownJay1(m): 9:30pm On Mar 31, 2019
Chubhie:
Naturally, A man should derive a natural high by taking good care of his family.

... and i am sure the majority of men DO, but we all understand that it is when wifey decides to selfishly keep her own money to enrich her own selfish self, rather than provide for the ever well-being of the family, that such man loses all the pleasure from the above act you mentioned.

imagine spending all your cash on the family, while wifey is buying Louboutin and Gucci bags on the side with her money, while you are so broke after paying for everything, you dont even have money to buy common slippers?!

imagine spending all your cash on the family, while wifey is building HER own house on the side with her money?!

to each their own i guess...
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by Chubhie: 9:55pm On Mar 31, 2019
MrBrownJay1:

... and i am sure the majority of men DO, but we all understand that it is when wifey decides to selfishly keep her own money to enrich her own selfish self, rather than provide for the ever well-being of the family, that such man loses all the pleasure from the above act you mentioned.

imagine spending all your cash on the family, while wifey is buying Louboutin and Gucci bags on the side with her money, while you are so broke after paying for everything, you dont even have money to buy common slippers?!

imagine spending all your cash on the family, while wifey is building HER own house on the side with her money?!

to each their own i guess...
What! That is mutiny! What rebellion! What insubordination. May Obatala guide our young hearts to good team players. With all you mentioned above, the purpose of marriage is already defeated.
Re: Is Family Expenses The Responsibility Of The Man(husband) Alone? by MrBrownJay1(m): 10:10pm On Mar 31, 2019
Chubhie:

What! That is mutiny! What rebellion! What insubordination. May Obatala guide our young hearts to good team players. With all you mentioned above, the purpose of marriage is already defeated.

bro, sadly many married women are playing/plotting against their own team...

[img]https://media1./images/980c4915a1436d7c13cafc9845dfd20e/tenor.gif[/img]

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

I Did This To Save My Marriage / I Did Not Authorize Anybody To Adopt My Son! Pls Help! / What Is The Bitter Truth About Life After Marriage?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.