Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:20 PM

On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria (557 Views)

UNFPA Calls For Strenghtening Of VAPP Law Against GBV Offenders / Get Dc Weed Delivery For Cannabis In DC (2022) / Former NDLEA Staff Nabbed With 254kg Of Cannabis In Niger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria by allan2: 12:09pm On Mar 30, 2019
hi mindful folks. in fairness to the status quo many criminal minds run the illegal cannabis - locally called egboo, kpoli, lala and a host of other colourful names - business, ensuring that the ndlea are on their toes but hacking off the branches of trees doesnt stop the tree from sprouting new ones. so what's the catch? its the obnoxious and anti progressive anti cannabis law alright. get this folks, as long as we fold our hands and let our hair grow soon someone is either going to call you a rastaman or better yet mad. now listen up! are we mad as a people to sit on our hands and refuse to even give minimal thought to the curious nature of the anti kpoli law? look i am not here to praise the eye and spite the ear but what are you going to do if you wad of sweet money falls into a stinking gutter. i'll tell you what you are going to do folks. you will bow your clean little knees over that gutter, dive your fingers into the stench and fish for that money because getting it is more important than getting a few smells on your fingers. now lets yap out some facts as we go down that gutter to save the soul of our sensibilities, shall we?
you see, cannabis has been around for such a long time the indians had been using it for medicine and enlightment long before the Europeans new how to make a shoe. big ol USA came up with the reefer madness propaganda in the early 1900's to prove that egboo can drive you nuts all in a bid to de market the tender herb. well news flash! cannabis wont drive you nuts - but we have to be as plain as possible. there are different strains of cannabis and if you take a strain choked with thc compound and you dont smoke it right you can get some anxiety trips - which i as so many other cannabis users have experienced - but not the stark raving madness as claimed by the experts.
Re: On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria by allan2: 12:21pm On Mar 30, 2019
the fact is that cannabis smoke does not cause cancer even as it is mild on the lungs compared to the legal yet proven cancer stick called cigarettes that choke and scorch the lungs. the fact remains that smoking marijuana does not induce people to be aggressive. on the contrary cannabis slows things down so that in a heated situation under the atmosphere of cannabis you are more likely to seek verbal solutions to conflicts that throw a punch which is definitely not the case with alchohol. under the influence of booze violence always seems like a better option. forget what you see at motorparks where a mean faced agbero smokes a fat wrap of weed as he threatens blood if he is not settled. its not the weed talking. he might as well be drinking a bottle of coke and he would probably issue worse threats because coke contains lots of sugar which has a way of dishing more energy into the system, an energy that the agbero would access to render more threats
Re: On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria by allan2: 3:39pm On Mar 30, 2019
so after a couple of hits from my joint, i am back again to shove the big fat truth down the throat of the evil law against cannabis. you see, we humans suffer from a most subtle psychological disorder called the 'herd mentality' its the principle behind riots, gang raping, mass stealing from government coffers and of course hatred for the herb. i remember when i was growing up, i had gone to stay a while with my uncle in benin-city who had a business spot around ring road. now those who lived in B side around 2001 would tell you that ring road was one hell of a depot for stunch agberos. dont joke with benin agberos. they are tough twaks who know the fine art of cursery and maiming. now there was this spot we used to urinate and by we i mean everyone plus the agberos. whenever i went there i used to hold my heart in my mouth hoping not to run into one. well my luck kept shining until one fateful cold afternoon when it refused to come up. i was so hard pressed i had ran off to the spot to take a mighty leak but when i got there i froze and the urine in my bladder instantly transformed into sweat; hot beads of sweat breaking loose from my brow
Re: On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria by allan2: 5:03pm On Mar 30, 2019
backing me and taking a noisy leak against the dump was the huge frame of one of the most famous agberos in ring road. he was one of the untouchable few who smoked weed in the thick of ring road without regard for the police or army. now here i was face to the back of this villian. without thinking i turned back and started sprinting off when the gruffy final voice of the thug stopped me on my tracks
'come back here.' he ordered like a demigod. i quickly turned and saw him peering down at me, a fat wrap of weed steaming in his mouth. that was when i first noticed the smell of weed in the air and at once remembered all the horrible things i have heard about weed smokers - that they lose their mind and do crazy stuff, that they are violent and can easily get into a fit so much that they could beat up a little boy who just came to ease himself at the dump without a second thought. i waited for that beating alright but that wasnt going to come
'shey u come p*ss?' he asked
i nodded
' oya go p*ss' he waved his hand to a spot as though it were a proper toilet. boy did i let my bladder rain hard and fast while the thug stood watch over me pouring streams of smoke into the sky like a smoke offering to the sky beings. when i was done i ran like a kitten to the store terrified yet glad that i didnt get a beaten. in hindsight i realized that what scared me more was not just the frame of that bull of a thug, it was more than that; it was a fear for what steamed between his fingers and all the horrifying things i have heard about it. it put a fear into me, a fear, a suspicion that sadly many Nigerians still carry about because of all the things government and the anti cannabis world has said about the herb
Re: On The Deceptive Law Against Cannabis In Nigeria by allan2: 11:04pm On Mar 31, 2019
people...good people, it has been said that the black man doesnt know how to lead a nation...from Nigeria to post apatheid south africa the grand 'mumurism' of the black man in matters of national interest are so glaring, south africa that was built by the white man is now rapidly crashing down under the rule of the black man. who did this to my race? who made Nigeria to imagine that cannabis is a dangerous expression of nature to be chained and maimed while the whites that misled us into this thinking are now rapidly revisiting their cannabis laws so that countries like the US and canada are begining to legalize the regulated use of cannabis both for medicinal and recreational prospects. imagine if we choose to see the glaring truths about cannabis and toe the part of sensibility. imagine the huge market waiting to be exploited! lemme jus give y'all a peak of the steak. there is a straim of cannabis called 'indian hemp' the indian hemp is not usually used for recreational purposes because of the very low levels of the active compound i.e thc or cbd that generates the high and calming effects respectively of cannabis. instead it has great industrial uses in the area of rope and fabric making. do yoi know that indian hemp is a viable alternative to cotton in the clothing industry? we have the land to farm ourselves into the low hanging riches that indian hemp presents. so why are we still bathing with spittle while at the edge of the river niger? i'll tell you why alright - its the deceptive laws against cannabis in nigeria!

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Npower.com.ng Scam Review / Scam "Global Loan Nigeria" Beware / Ogbunasa Deity Seeks Priest In Umueri, Orlu Local Government Area Of Imo State.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.