Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,200 members, 7,835,984 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:41 PM

Transcendence - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Transcendence (377 Views)

Transcendence (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transcendence by nonnykenneth: 7:51pm On Mar 31, 2019
***TRANSCENDENCE***

Expanding Your Horizon.

Written by C.K. Ezeanwu.

Transcendence is defined by 'wikitionary' as 'the act of surpassing usual limits or the state of being beyond the range of normal perception'.

There are limitations to the abilities of different individuals but that doesn't mean you should restrict yourself to a low standard, yes we have the possible and the impossible but if you swot these words you'll find out that they depend on the human mind and perception. What do I mean by this statement? What I mean is that different individuals have different ways they regard the concept of possibility and impossibility when it comes to some circumstances, for instance a person might say it is impossible to score 95 out of 100 in a particular mathematics exam while another person considers the possibility of scoring 95 in the same exam almost certain so you can see that these two persons have different views on the concept of possibility and impossibility regarding that exam.

Impossibility and possibility exists only in the mind and events are dynamic, although I've been able to show that possibility differs based on the human mind and perception but that doesn't mean it applies to everything. Yes we know that many things which were considered impossible in the past are possible today due to technological advancement, for instance if someone stated in the olden days that we'll be able to do video or voice calls with people that are millions of miles away or send songs through wireless means to people the person would have been tagged crazy but today all these are possible and many other impossibilities are being made possible today. Based on the knowledge and empirical evidences present today we can consider some things impossible so don't say because possibility and impossibility differs based on the human mind that it's possible to fit a skyscraper into a tea cup. I don't know if that'll be possible in the next decade or century but the present knowledge and empirical evidence shows that presently it is impossible.

Many people have become very lazy in different aspects and this laziness is hidden behind the concept of impossibility, I had the opportunity to listen to a presentation at an academic seminar last Thursday and that's when I decided to write on the topic 'transcendence'. The speaker at the seminar used an illustration of some students view on reading to depict the concept of possibility and impossibility, she said some students say I'm a 'day reader' while some say I'm a 'night reader' and they use this as an excuse to mask their ineptitude. She was able to prove to me that no one is a 'day or night reader' , it all depends on your mindset and that's why someone with a mindset of failure will continue failing until he/she has a positive mindset towards what he/she wants to achieve. President Donald Trump once said during a presentation at liberty university that "the more people tell you it's not possible, that it can't be done, the more you should be absolutely determined to prove them wrong. Treat the word 'Impossible' as nothing more than motivation " .

When I say transcendence I'm trying to tell you that you actually have the ability to excel beyond the norms , all you have to do is set your priorities right, have a positive mindset and continue to strive till u break through the constraints of impossibilities, don't hide behind the word impossible. If you don't strive to achieve greatness,you will remain stagnant only moving forward and backwards occasionally depending on how luck decides to favour you,greatness is not meant for the lazy and no individual was created weak, you've got the power to shine the only question is are you ready to strive to get to the top?

(1) (Reply)

Blacktified - Allo Ayo / Because I Am Igbo (Poem by FUM) / An Open Letter To Emir Sanusi, Nigeria's No1 Activist Emir By Ambrose Anih

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.