Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,845 members, 7,810,256 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:05 AM

When To Buy A New Computer? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / When To Buy A New Computer? (1379 Views)

New Computer Virus 'secretly Leaks Data' Through Air / New Computer Computer Section -. Purchase Of Computer Equipment / A New Computer Society. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When To Buy A New Computer? by Seun(m): 6:37am On Apr 28, 2007
A must-read article for all prospective computer buyers: http://ninjapirate.com/newcomputer.html smiley

Here's a guide on how to know if you need to invest in a brand new computer:

- Does your computer take a long time to boot up?
- Is your hard drive full?
- Do you get popups?
- Is your internet slow?
- Does your notification taskbar look like this?

- Is your keyboard dirty?
- Is your printer out of ink?
- Do you own a Mac?
- Is your email account full?
- Are your desktop icons cluttered?
- Does your recycling bin need to be emptied?
- Are you bored with your desktop background?
- Is the top of your monitor dusty?
- Does the word "uninstall" cause you great pain and emotional trauma?

If you answered 'yes' to any of those questions, it's definitely time to hit the stores for a new PC.
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by sbucareer(f): 10:14pm On Apr 29, 2007

Seun, thanks for that article. I must say that there is some parallel truth to what he said but an old computer can be fast enough depending the application the computer is subjected to.

Today, that multitasking is like ever ending attraction for developer one can end up with a fast and latest computer that still processes slow application.

As I am responding to this message, Seun has got a multimedia running atop of the message board that reads,
Respect other members And always remember Follow the rules Use search before posting Post in correct sections Do not spam the board with a red marquee passing every 4 seconds. I wonder how many of my CPU time it is using. I also run Window Vista Ultimate, if you have one you would know the amount of application running behind the scene like clock, start manager, network card, gnotify (Google Notify) etc. I just wondered if I wasn't running a Dual Core E6800 2.8GHz and 1TB hard drive with 4GB memory.

I just wondered? I built it myself and it cost me £608, of-course I did not need a monitor I already have one including keyboard and mouse with 2X1 DVD-ROM I had from previous machine.

Yes I did not need to buy RAM I had it from previous machine including Video card Nvidia 512MB SLI ready with DVI interface. But that means I need another new flat screen with DVI interface.

I only bought
motherboard £150
CPU               £ 210
1TB SATA harddrive £248

I am using the 30-days evaluation Vista before actually buying it including Office Professional 2007, which would cost me another roughly £400 collectively.

I wonder why I am so non-technophobia, God Help! Very soon now I would want to buy Google Data-Centre with price range like seasonal.
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by Fdeveloper(m): 5:34pm On May 01, 2007
Great article which wouldn't be so funny if there wasn't an element of truth in it smiley
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by CrazyMan(m): 7:14pm On May 01, 2007
Nice article Seun keep it up
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by akara(m): 10:44pm On May 01, 2007
Really Funny

grin
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by software(m): 3:05am On May 02, 2007
akara:

Really Funny

grin

@Akara,

I think your Computer is due for a new one, grin wink
Hi all.
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by software(m): 3:44am On May 02, 2007
:d
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by spoilt(f): 4:26am On May 02, 2007
i will only buy a new computer when the old one has pulverized and turned to dust! grin grin
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by akara(m): 2:39pm On May 02, 2007
@software

my birthday is comming up soon and I d gladly accept a brand new mega giga system as present. grin
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by DewDrop(f): 6:47pm On May 02, 2007
LoL @ DO u own a Mac
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by software(m): 7:48pm On May 02, 2007
akara:

@software

my birthday is comming up soon and I d gladly accept a brand new mega giga system as present. grin

My brother, No worry. I would give you something special than that, i will Just buy u Osu Akara, U will enjoy it better than the Brand new mega giga System, grin

Happy Birthday in advance bro, grin
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by cheexy: 2:09am On May 05, 2007
@spoilt
Very funny, i am reeling with laughter
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by spoilt(f): 3:49am On May 05, 2007
cheexy:

@spoilt
Very funny, i am reeling with laughter

yes oh. a computer is not on my list of things to buy in the next 21 years. money hard!  grin
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by software(m): 6:05pm On May 06, 2007
spoilt:

yes oh. a computer is not on my list of things to buy in the next 21 years. money hard!  grin

Am Sure the Manufacturer would come and collect it back from you, lol
Re: When To Buy A New Computer? by papabaks(m): 11:28am On May 07, 2007
One thing you guys need to understand is that, once you have been using a perticular system "4get about the modell and the configuration" for some very good years say four (4) years, what you need to do as a person is for you to take that system to the market for sale, or you take back to the company you got it from for a replacement of system.
The reasons why you have to dispose it are very many, take for intance
It might start behaving very funny,
It might not be able to recognise some latest hard/ softwares.etc.

I have thesame problems some years ago, but now am out of it due to this secrete.

Hope this will help the whole house.

Thanks
papa
papabaks@gmail.com

(1) (Reply)

Top 10 Best Laptops To Buy! / How To Unblock K9 Restricted Sites? / Raspberry Pi. Where To Get One

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.