Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,410 members, 7,839,776 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 09:06 AM

Shoulds Health Care Worker Go On Hols? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Shoulds Health Care Worker Go On Hols? (489 Views)

Texas Health Care Worker Tests Positive For Ebola / Ebola: Health Care Worker Tests Positive At Texas Hospital / Nigeria Needs Basic Health Care (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Shoulds Health Care Worker Go On Hols? by Nauttyprof(m): 1:59pm On Sep 09, 2010
I was shock this morning when i visited one of the general hospitals in lagos state to discover that none of the doctors or the nurses even the normal staffs were around today. I had it in mind that i would carry-out an eye test today simply because of how bad my eyes are becoming and today being an holiday (as declared by the government 9-10th) is the best time for me since i might not have an opportunity later because of busy schedule, as i got to the entrance of the hospital, the doors were opened, fans were in good working condition, electrical appliances operating normally but without the presence of the doctors and nurses except for the pharmacy in the hospital ( due to sales of drugs), and offices were also shut.
considering their nature of job in terms of life and death and the code of conduct guiding their profession, should the doctors and nurses go on holidays? Please i am not taking this too personal, but i just want to be educated on this matter 'cos what if there is an emergency today who will take care of them? I also think that before anyone should sing up or go for the profession, he/she should have the passion for saving lifes, concern for the sick, e.t.c. FELLOW NIARALANDERS WHAT'S YOUR VIEW?
Re: Shoulds Health Care Worker Go On Hols? by jude33084(m): 5:51pm On Sep 09, 2010
After coming back frm a long strike, dis wil tel u how heartless and inhuman most of our doctors are.

(1) (Reply)

A Fashion Academy In Your House Call: 08035497328 / A Fashion Academy In Your House Call: 08035497328 / Send Unlimited Free Sms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.