Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,758 members, 7,824,182 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:12 AM

Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine (2443 Views)

Things You Don't Know About Njideka Akunyili,daughter Of Late Prof Dora Akunyili / Family Announces Burial Arrangement For Late Prof. Dora Akunyili / Nairalander Caught With Her Knicker's Down (pic) 18 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by vicknesh: 4:11pm On Sep 09, 2010
News
Dora Akunyili’s Niece Arrested At Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos For Cocaine Smuggling
ureports, New York, 0808 336 8888, Sep 09 2010 05:57am (3 Comments)
Dora Akunyili’s niece arrested at Murtala Mohammed Airport, Lagos for cocaine smuggling

Embarrassment appears a recurrent visitor to the nuclei family of the image maker of the Jonathan administration, the Federal Minister of Information and Communication in the person of Professor Dorothy Nkem Akunyili. This is following a sobering and highly embarrassing tell-all letter to Dorothy Akunyili by her nephew, Emeka Ezenwanne. [Letter can be viewed by clicking here]

And then last week, August 28, 2010, the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) disclosed to ukpakareports.com that a London based Nigerian spinster by the name Okpala Ifeoma Ethel was detected to have concealed narcotics through a body frisk at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport [MMIA] Lagos as her readied to board a flight to London on an Arik flight.

Upon further inquiry by our correspondent, it was found that Ifeoma Ethel Okpala was the daughter of Dorothy Akunyili’s younger sister who is married to the Okpala family in Akpo, Aguata LGA in Anambra State. [The mother is reportedly gravely ill.] It was gathered through the NDLEA that upon her arrest she hid her town of origin in the attempts to mask her blood lineage to the image maker of the Nation, Dora Akunyili. She told her arresting agents during interrogation that she was from Ezinifite in Aguata LGA, Anambra. And so the arresting agents of NDLEA announced publicly that she was an indigene of Ezinifite. This in turn threw the Ezinifite community in London into a confusing shock - particularly because they were certain her roots were not Ezinifite. The president of Ezinifite town in London, Tochukwu Ezeoke and the Igwe of Ezinifite confirmed to ukpakareports.com that she not an indigene of Ezinifite.

She was nabbed with 1.525kg of substance that tested positive for cocaine during screening of passengers on Arik flight to London. She stated her age as 37 year old and works as a support worker [Nurse] in a London mental home.

The arrest was made following the discovery of some of the drugs by female officers during body frisk on her at the central screening area of the international wing. NDLEA checks uncovered that she ingested 20 wraps of the drugs weighing 300 grammes while 54 wraps weighing 1.225kg were packed and worn by her as diaper.

Okpala Ifeoma Ethel, before leaving Nigeria to live in London had worked for Dora Akunyili at NAFDAC. She is a 1997 graduate of Banking and Finance department of the Enugu State University of Science and Technology.

While under observation, she successfully excreted the drugs she ingested. The suspect allegedly smuggled the drug for a fee of 5,000 pounds with which she intend to holiday in the United States.

During interrogation, she regretted her action blaming it on greed. According to her, she earns 2,500 pounds monthly and should have been contented with her legitimate income. “It is difficult to believe that I could be convinced into trafficking drugs. I ingested 30 wraps and vomited 10 so I packed others as a diaper. I am ashamed of myself. I do not know what to tell my friends. I wanted to spend my holiday in the States and also buy some goods for sale in Nigeria. I have disappointed my friends. I hope my parents will find a place in their heart to forgive me” she lamented.

NDLEA Airport commander, Alhaji Hamza Umar described her action as shameful. “Drug trafficking is a shameful act. It is a criminal offence and those caught are ashamed. First, she has lost some of her rights and in addition, she will be prosecuted” Hamza stated. The commander also commended female officers of Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) for their cooperation towards the successful arrest.

Investigation revealed that she came into the country for a religious meeting at one of the Pentecostal churches. According to her, the devil lured her into the criminal act through lust for materialism. When she agreed to smuggle the drugs, her sponsors took the drugs to her hotel room in Lagos. At the hotel, she ingested some of the drugs and packed others on her body before heading for the airport to board her flight.

Chairman/Chief Executive of the Agency, Ahmadu Giade warned prospective drug couriers on the consequences of such criminal acts. “Those that are contemplating drug trafficking for whatever reason should also prepare their minds for arrest and prosecution by NDLEA. We shall continue to do our best and protect the country from the activities of drug barons and major drug traffickers” Giade stressed.

The suspect will soon be charged to court.

[Ifeoma's younger brother just completed a drug related jail term] grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by tpiah: 5:26pm On Sep 09, 2010
In the English language, Black sheep is an idiom used to describe an odd or disreputable member of a group, especially within one's family. The term has typically been given negative implications, implying waywardness

wiki

a person who causes shame or embarrassment because of deviation from the accepted standards of his or her group.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/black+sheep

somebody regarded by the other members of a family or group as not living up to their standards and expectations

http://encarta.msn.com/dictionary_1861686308/black_sheep.html

every family has them.
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by mamagee3(f): 12:45am On Sep 10, 2010
It becomes outrageous when the relatives of top officials in Nigeria commit crimes such as this.

It's just a disgrace and a slap to the face.
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by tpiah: 3:29am On Sep 10, 2010
^^do you have any tips on how to control grown-azz relatives?

dog wey wan lost no dey hear im master's whistle. That's a well known fact.

i dont know how dora is supposed to keep track of what every single one of her relatives is doing?

if you know you're related to her, then you caution yourself and dont be an azz. End of.

eni a wi fun oba je o gbo, that's all undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by gaiusjuli: 4:58pm On Sep 10, 2010
Wow
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by mamagee3(f): 11:22pm On Sep 10, 2010
^^You can say it again.
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by Nobody: 1:38pm On Sep 13, 2010
Too bad! undecided
Re: Dora Akunyili Niece Caught With Cocaine by favouredjb(f): 2:02pm On Sep 13, 2010
And to actually thing dt she earns half of d money she was sposd to be given every month.its not good to be greedy

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Men And This "Mugu" "maga" Thingy Is Getting Soo Effing Stu..pid / Situational Report Of Romantic Xmas In Your Area -theme-nigerian Girls / Who Plays Those Drums In The Middle Of The Night?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.