Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,074 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:59 AM

Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac (4430 Views)

Contaminated Sprite Soft Drinks In Circulation - NAFDAC Alerts Nigerians / Fake Chloroquine Tablets In Circulation - NAFDAC Warns Nigerians / Pharmacist Raises Alarm Over Fake Anti-malaria Drug In Circulation (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by adebayoabiola: 12:15pm On Apr 02, 2019
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has alerted the public, especially healthcare providers, on the existence of fake Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine circulating in Bangladesh.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Prof. Moji Adeyeye, the Director-General of NAFDAC, the packaging of the falsified Dukoral vaccine displays texts in English and French language.

Adeyeye said that the World Health Organisation (WHO) had quarantined some quantities of the falsified vaccine.

“We are raising this alert to health care providers and the society at large about the existence of falsified Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine circulating in Bangladesh.

“The WHO Country Office and Health Authorities in Bangladesh have quarantined the 8,000 falsified packs of Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine so far identified.

“The details of the falsified Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccines identified in Bangladesh are as follows –
Product Name Dukoral Oral Cholera Vaccine/ Vaccin Oral contre le Cholera
Batch Number KV8262B1
Expiry Date 2020-04
Stated Manufacturer Valneva Canada Inc.

“Note that the logo of the manufacturer Crucell is also displayed,” she said.

The NAFDAC boss clarified that the manufacturer of genuine Dukoral Oral Cholera Vaccine was Valneva Sweden AB, formerly Crucell Sweden AB.

“Valneva Sweden AB, the manufacturer of genuine Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine stated that the combination of the manufacturers, Valneva Canada Inc and Crucell should not exist on any packaging of the vaccine in the market.

“Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine manufactured by Valneva Canada Inc is not registered by NAFDAC.

“All importers, wholesalers and retailers are implored to desist from illegal importation, distribution and sale of the falsified vaccine,” Adeyeye warned.

She added that surveillance had been strengthened by NAFDAC at all ports of entry to prevent illegal importation of the falsified Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine from Bangladesh.

“NAFDAC has also heightened surveillance to prevent distribution and sale of the falsified vaccine.

“Health care providers and other members of the public are advised to be vigilant and contact the nearest NAFDAC office with any information on the falsified Dukoral vaccine.

“Anybody in possession of the falsified vaccine should submit it to the nearest NAFDAC office,” she advised.

Adeyeye further urged consumers to report any adverse event related to the use of vaccines to the nearest NAFDAC office via – NAFDAC PRASCOR 20543 (toll free from all Network ) or via pharmacovigilance@nafdac.gov.ng

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/323556-fake-cholera-vaccine-in-circulation-nafdac-warns-nigerians.html%3famp_markup=1

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by slimfit1(m): 12:32pm On Apr 02, 2019
How hard is it to tell people the right place to buy this products.

2 Likes

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by ictjobber: 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
Still don't get why a human being would create fake drugs that are capable of killing people to his fellow human beings... Humans eh.

do not think your business is doing well without a website.. you are losing out on potential clients searching the web.. Get a website today...
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature

1 Like

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by DEHVEHLOP(m): 12:47pm On Apr 02, 2019
Aba, Abia state on my mind....

I mean the location of the factory where it was produced...

Abia amaka grin

1 Like

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by thesicilian: 12:52pm On Apr 02, 2019
You leave all the hundreds of thousands of fake drugs circulating in Nigeria and start warning us about the one in Bangladesh?

1 Like

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by freemanbubble: 12:55pm On Apr 02, 2019
thesicilian:
You leave all the hundreds of thousands of fake drugs circulating in Nigeria and start warning us about the one in Bangladesh!
Exactly my point bro
Not only too many drugs in Nigeria that are fake
But too many drugs now that are below the required or usual standard

Imagine i was shocked when a doctor said I should not buy the green Doxycycline because it is not working.
That i should buy the other type

Then i begin to ask my self why will such drugs that is not working be allowed to circulate at all

2 Likes

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by heartradeo: 12:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
Can you imagine??
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by redrrick: 12:57pm On Apr 02, 2019
spread the news o
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by Fuckyoumod: 12:58pm On Apr 02, 2019
The Heart of a MAN is extremely evil and wicked.

Choooo.....! People are really wicked.
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by Houseofglam7(f): 1:03pm On Apr 02, 2019
How did it get into the country
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by Westsida: 1:11pm On Apr 02, 2019
They should enter the mud region. Lots of things from the region is either fake or useless!
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by assasinscreed: 1:16pm On Apr 02, 2019
thats bad oo
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by aadoiza: 1:19pm On Apr 02, 2019
All vaccines are fake and perilous. The only safe vaccine is one that is never taken.
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by clementine456: 1:22pm On Apr 02, 2019
wink

what preventive measures where taken before it got into the market

angry
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by aparty2noparty: 1:29pm On Apr 02, 2019
Please put picture of how the vaccine looks
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by emmanuelpopson(m): 1:56pm On Apr 02, 2019
hey should take this fight to the ports and borderlines so that illegal importation will not be carried out...
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by naijajobx: 2:17pm On Apr 02, 2019
really
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by Sleekfingers: 4:21pm On Apr 02, 2019
adebayoabiola:
The National Agency for Food and Drug Administration and Control (NAFDAC) has alerted the public, especially healthcare providers, on the existence of fake Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine circulating in Bangladesh.

According to the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) Prof. Moji Adeyeye, the Director-General of NAFDAC, the packaging of the falsified Dukoral vaccine displays texts in English and French language.

Adeyeye said that the World Health Organisation (WHO) had quarantined some quantities of the falsified vaccine.

“We are raising this alert to health care providers and the society at large about the existence of falsified Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine circulating in Bangladesh.

“The WHO Country Office and Health Authorities in Bangladesh have quarantined the 8,000 falsified packs of Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine so far identified.

“The details of the falsified Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccines identified in Bangladesh are as follows –
Product Name Dukoral Oral Cholera Vaccine/ Vaccin Oral contre le Cholera
Batch Number KV8262B1
Expiry Date 2020-04
Stated Manufacturer Valneva Canada Inc.

“Note that the logo of the manufacturer Crucell is also displayed,” she said.

The NAFDAC boss clarified that the manufacturer of genuine Dukoral Oral Cholera Vaccine was Valneva Sweden AB, formerly Crucell Sweden AB.

“Valneva Sweden AB, the manufacturer of genuine Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine stated that the combination of the manufacturers, Valneva Canada Inc and Crucell should not exist on any packaging of the vaccine in the market.

“Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine manufactured by Valneva Canada Inc is not registered by NAFDAC.

“All importers, wholesalers and retailers are implored to desist from illegal importation, distribution and sale of the falsified vaccine,” Adeyeye warned.

She added that surveillance had been strengthened by NAFDAC at all ports of entry to prevent illegal importation of the falsified Dukoral Oral Cholera vaccine from Bangladesh.

“NAFDAC has also heightened surveillance to prevent distribution and sale of the falsified vaccine.

“Health care providers and other members of the public are advised to be vigilant and contact the nearest NAFDAC office with any information on the falsified Dukoral vaccine.

“Anybody in possession of the falsified vaccine should submit it to the nearest NAFDAC office,” she advised.

Adeyeye further urged consumers to report any adverse event related to the use of vaccines to the nearest NAFDAC office via – NAFDAC PRASCOR 20543 (toll free from all Network ) or via pharmacovigilance@nafdac.gov.ng

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.premiumtimesng.com/news/more-news/323556-fake-cholera-vaccine-in-circulation-nafdac-warns-nigerians.html%3famp_markup=1

It is already in Nigeria..... Nafdac should go to aba ....money is their God
Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by DopeWill(m): 5:04pm On Apr 02, 2019
freemanbubble:

Exactly my point bro
Not only too many drugs in Nigeria that are fake
But too many drugs now that are below the required or usual standard

Imagine i was shocked when a doctor said I should not buy the green Doxycycline because it is not working.
That i should buy the other type

Then i begin to ask my self why will such drugs that is not working be allowed to circulate at all

There are too many substandard drugs in Nigeria, a bill was sent to the Presidency to close all open drug markets but the bill was kicked out.

Dangers of Open Drug Market

1) A business mogul can pay a Chinese company to produce 40mg of doxycycline and label it as 100mg while the required dose of doxycycline to give a therapeutic effect is 100mg twice daily. More money will be made and the man will bribe the custom officials to allow free delivery of such drugs into Nigeria.

2) Poor storage conditions; drugs are chemicals as such need suitable environment for their preservation. A very active drug if not properly stored can become a substandard drug.

3) Difficulty in tracking adulterated products.

If our politicians and men of high value take their medical treatments in Nigeria, they would have looked for a way to better our health care sector but because they go outside, they'll prefer to make 20million naira from substandard products than to stop its importation

1 Like

Re: Fake Cholera Vaccine In Circulation-nafdac by boot023: 7:42pm On Apr 02, 2019
winksummary ;(

(1) (Reply)

COVID-19 Update For May 29 2021 In Nigeria / For The Fat People That Wish To Slim Down Their Size / Halamin Herbal Supplements Cures Hepatitis A-e

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.