Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,133 members, 7,818,413 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:47 PM

Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth (1341 Views)

Ronaldo Vs Messi Face Off As Juventus Draw Barcelona In UCL Draw / Ronaldo vs Messi career trophies: 31 with Portugal + 4 clubs vs 34 with Barca / Private Jets: Neymar Vs. Ronaldo Vs. Messi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Nifise007: 2:59am On Apr 03, 2019
However, this post seeks to debunk a widely circulated myth and ideology among many, that RONALDO IS A HARDWORKER which has placed him on the pedestal that he is today, while MESSI HAS MORE TALENT and this is the reason why He has also achieved all the feats in His career.

When I hear people speak like this, I am very surprised I tell you, and even more shocking are the reasons they give. I have not been able to find a very reasonable explanation though. If you have one, I would be happy to read it in the comments section.

The media and some of his teammates have fueled this assumption reporting that CR7 works so hard and pushes himself beyond his limits. While this is great for motivational talks, it does not depict a factual appraisal of the duo.

So, this is a critical, intellectual and intelligent discourse to prove the fallacy of this assumption.

Let us begin:

1.What hardwork does a 7 years old boy do?

Ronaldo started playing football from his very early days and at the age of 7, he was already playing at Andorinha, where his Father was the equipment manager. Now, let us understand it, what kind of hardwork would he possibly have been doing then? Would a child with no talent or passion whatsoever be signed to an amateur team there AND EXCEL?

Yes, his father was a very important factor, but the truth still remains that in the absence of talent or passion for a sport, the child would most likely fail, especially looking at the success he has recorded so far.

Lionel Messi started playing also at the age of 6 at Newell’s old boys, an Argentine club. There was also a distinct passion and talent that was observed at this age, which made him stand out from his counterparts, even then. So you see, greatness did not just jump on these guys.

They started from somewhere, from talent and passion. They were first enjoying what they did as kids. Of course, the Portuguese and Argentines have a rich football history and culture, that even encouraged such talents and so they were not the only ones playing at that age. But they were able to stand out.

Why?

They started on the basis of talent.

All of the hardwork that we see CR7 putting into himself did not start when he was 5 or 7. It came with his growth and realization of himself.

In summary, one does not start playing football from 5 years, progress through different clubs and at 34, would have won 5 ballon d’or awards without talent. It is a serious delusion to think so!

2. If this argument holds true, then it means that any random player that works hard would win five champions league titles, and five ballon d’or awards and numerous other individual awards from them both!

Pause,

Think about it,

Now, think again.

My friend, go back and think about it!

Now, let’s continue:

How ridiculous! Yes, if you say that the reason why Ronaldo is at this level is because of hardwork, then what you are saying inevitably is that any player not at his level is not hardworking!

Come on, we know that is not true, because you see, for all we know, one player in crown football club in Ogbomoso might be working way harder than these guys!

The fact that you do not know him is enough reason to discredit this theory. Hardwork is very good and we cannot rule it out in any player’s life!

No player can be at the level of Ronaldo or Messi without hardwork!

It takes a lot of hardwork to be in shape, to keep fit and participate in as many matches as these guys participate in week in, week out, year in, year out and the consistency they have both maintained is nothing such of a life of commitment and dedication.

Many people know of some of Ronaldo’s routines and how hard he pushes himself, so I would not delve too much. But I would want to talk about the less discussed person in this regard, Messi.

Read more at http://testyb.net/blog
Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by GolDRoger: 3:45am On Apr 03, 2019
@Op
no footballer i repeat no footballer works harder than CR7

there is no denying that messi is more naturally gifted than CR7

even his teammates both past and present keep saying thesame tin
so if u still doubt that, it simply means you are either deluded or u are being outright stupid

abeg how many likes for
CR7 the G.O.A.T ?

3 Likes

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by prodigyhenry: 8:14am On Apr 03, 2019
GolDRoger:
@Op
no footballer i repeat no footballer works harder than CR7

there is no denying that messi is more naturally gifted than CR7

even his teammates both past and present keep saying thesame tin
so if u still doubt that, it simply means you are either deluded or u are being outright stupid

abeg how many likes for
CR7 the G.O.A.T ?

I agree with you that Ronaldo might be the hardest worker in football, but Messi works a lot harder than most people think he does. Just look at his game everything about it signals hard work. A few examples are 1) he has perfected his free kicks and can score a free kick with various styles (talent won't give you that), 2) look at the way he hits the ball he hits with with amazing techniques, using less power and more technique(talent won't give you that), unlike how Ronaldo hits his balls, he mostly relies on power and ball speed which ironically doesn't really need much hardwork to master that's like the first anybody learns when you see a ball, you hit it with power. 3) Messi is arguably the best passer in the world today(talent doesn't give you that).
These are just few of the aspects in which i want to point out due to time and space. And surprisingly, those things Messi has perfected are more difficult to perfect than what Ronaldo has perfected.

But the difference is that Ronaldo makes his training look like hardwork, and also shows it off. But on the other hand Messi kinda prefers to do his things low-key and makes it look like he is having fun, there by watering down the weight of his training routine...

What I am trying to say is that Ronaldo is a known hardworker, but Messi on the other hand is less known for his hardwork. That's all

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by babakb: 8:46am On Apr 03, 2019
Messi is better than Ronaldo Period

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by blazepascal(m): 10:05am On Apr 03, 2019
when shall we STOp comparing these two players. some said messI is better that ronaldo.. then why does he perform so poorly in International

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by prodigyhenry: 12:34pm On Apr 03, 2019
blazepascal:
when shall we STOp comparing these two players. some said messI is better that ronaldo.. then why does he perform so poorly in International

Please I'd like you to define "POOR". To me scoring 65 goals, creating 40 assists with just 129 caps doesn't sound poor to him. He is Argentina's all-time highest goalscorer and assist maker. He won Olympics with the team, also won under 20s got to the WC finals winning the MVP along the way. Got to two Copa America finals. To be honest Messi hasn't be poor with the Argentina team, he didn't win anything yes, but he has done quite enough. Besides the Euros that Ronaldo won, he has actually been the poorer of the two international. You can argue that Messi didn't win anything with the Argentina Senior team but don't ever say he was poor. Because he isn't

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Light1259: 9:29pm On Apr 03, 2019
prodigyhenry:

Please I'd like you to define "POOR". To me scoring 65 goals, creating 40 assists with just 129 caps doesn't sound poor to him. He is Argentina's all-time highest goalscorer and assist maker. He won Olympics with the team, also won under 20s got to the WC finals winning the MVP along the way. Got to two Copa America finals. To be honest Messi hasn't be poor with the Argentina team, he didn't win anything yes, but he has done quite enough. Besides the Euros that Ronaldo won, he has actually been the poorer of the two international. You can argue that Messi didn't win anything with the Argentina Senior team but don't ever say he was poor. Because he isn't

They don't know all these, they are just ranting. If Ronaldo was the one that scored the free kick against Villarreal we would hear word by know. Messi has shown countlessly that he is the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Valleys(m): 7:49am On Apr 04, 2019
Messi won Olympic, the second biggest sporting event in the world. If Ronaldo had won bronze the whole world will go crazy. Tell me one thing Ronaldo does better than Messi football wise, but there are a lot of things Messi does that Ronaldo can not do.
Game to goal ratio Messi beats him, assist Messi beats him, their H2H meeting Messi floor him. Creating chances Messi beats and a whole lot of incredible things Messi does better.
The only thing Ronaldo has is the media because he is a model.
Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Jaytecq(m): 10:05am On Apr 04, 2019
make i read first
Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Jaytecq(m): 10:11am On Apr 04, 2019
blazepascal:
Whats your definition of Poorly?

a player that won Silverware in the highest peak of the Game (World Cup)
the best Footballer in that competition

Go back to school and learn The "USE of English"
the fact that he hasn't won a Major trophy in Senior team does not mean he perform poorly
Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Jaytecq(m): 10:13am On Apr 04, 2019
prodigyhenry:

No mind them, most of them don't really watch the football games, they go around with "Beer parlor news"

1 Like

Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Nifise007: 11:38am On Jan 20, 2023
Get more news and good content at www.writersco.net
Re: Ronaldo Vs Messi: Debunking The Hardwork/talent Myth by Unyimekelvin: 9:57pm On Jan 20, 2023
Those guys are using soap.
Don't be deceived. undecided

(1) (Reply)

(help)bet 9ja Virtual Is Killing Me Slowly. / Nigerians, South Africans Trade Insults On Twitter Over AFCON Quarter Final / Man United Complete £80M Harry Maguire Deal From Leicester City

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.