Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,045 members, 7,835,530 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:24 AM

Help Me Diagnose This - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Help Me Diagnose This (1552 Views)

Help Diagnose An Engine That Wont Start At Once / How To Properly Diagnose And Change An Air Flow Meter (bmw Case Study) / How To Diagnose A Failing Alternator (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Diagnose This by Etijacob: 8:26pm On Apr 03, 2019
Please I just observed recently that my Lexus Es 300 does not start when I park it( I don't keep anything on when the engine is not on). However, when I get someone's else battery, it will start.

I got so tired and bought a new battery today but it has just happened.
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by obekediamondfuto(m): 4:59am On Apr 04, 2019
Etijacob:
Please I just observed recently that my Lexus Es 300 does not start when I park it( I don't keep anything on when the engine is not on). However, when I get someone's else battery, it will start.

parasitic drain

https://m.wikihow.com/Find-a-Parasitic-Battery-Drain

if u r not good with DIY... take it to a workshop to handle....
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by feelme3(m): 8:24am On Apr 04, 2019
Etijacob:

My brother recently got a 2001 Camry then all of a sudden battery started draining over night. Later found out he wasn't turning off the engine completely before removing the keys. The engine goes off but the ignition will still be on. Check if you're turning all the way off. Maybe it could be the same issue. Just my take.
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by obekediamondfuto(m): 3:01am On Apr 05, 2019
feelme3:

My brother recently got a 2001 Camry then all of a sudden battery started draining over night. Later found out he wasn't turning off the engine completely before removing the keys. The engine goes off but the ignition will still be on. Check if you're turning all the way off. Maybe it could be the same issue. Just my take.

the key cylinder has an issue or has been tampered with.

you should not be able to remove the key while the engine's ignition is turned on.
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by niyispage2017: 9:34am On Apr 13, 2019
Etijacob:

Its will be great to help you sir, for your can to be diagnosis, I have to put the diagnosis machine on it in other to know what is the actual problem on that car . My diagnosis is at a cheaper price . So you can contact me on 09050523959
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by Kashif(m): 4:36am On Apr 14, 2019
niyispage2017:

Its will be great to help you sir, for your can to be diagnosis, I have to put the diagnosis machine on it in other to know what is the actual problem on that car . My diagnosis is at a cheaper price . So you can contact me on 09050523959

You mistake code reading for diagnosis. They are two different things
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by niyispage2017: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2019
There is no mistake in code reading and it's those not mean he should not diagnosis first, in other to be sure of what is wrong and not to be wasting money.
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by EngRichie: 7:05am On Apr 14, 2019
You can diagnose this kind of issue better with a multimeter/Clamp meter.
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by niyispage2017: 7:07am On Apr 14, 2019
Kashif:

You mistake code reading for diagnosis. They are two different things

There is no mistake in code reading and it's those not mean he should not diagnosis first, in other to be sure of what is wrong and not to be wasting money.
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by Kashif(m): 8:52am On Apr 14, 2019
niyispage2017:

With this, I'd rather not argue with you. You win sir!
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by obekediamondfuto(m): 2:10pm On Apr 14, 2019
Kashif:

With this, I'd rather not argue with you. You win sir!
lolz,
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by autologic: 2:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
niyispage2017:

Seems u don't even understand what the issue entail .No need for any scanning here .This is totally an electrical troubleshooting ,what is needed is Multimeter ,manufacturer wiring diagram and brain for analysis .
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by niyispage2017: 3:02pm On Apr 14, 2019
autologic:

Seems u don't even understand what the issue entail .No need for any scanning here .This is totally an electrical troubleshooting ,what is needed is Multimeter ,manufacturer wiring diagram and brain for analysis .

All still go down to diagnosis the vehicle .
Re: Help Me Diagnose This by thebigkendo(m): 3:30pm On Apr 14, 2019
Una too like fight.. "diagnosis machine" could be the multimeter grin

(1) (Reply)

Who Has Gone On A Road Trip Before...? / Why Do We Regard Tokunbo Cars As New Cars In Nigeria? It's An Insult. / Confuse Between Toyota Matrix2005 Above&corolla Sports2005 Above &honda CRV 2008

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.