Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,326 members, 7,811,965 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 02:47 AM

Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life (517 Views)

Apology To My Supervisor / FUTA Is Frustrating Me!! / My Supervisor Is Frustrating Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life by SOSPITAS(m): 10:20pm On Apr 03, 2019
[/b][b]
I don’t know what the problem is with my supervisor, he doesn’t want money and he refuses to let me go. I’m thinking of doing something terrible I know I will regret later. I have spent 7 years and counting pursuing a master’s and yet there is no end in sight.
I started my master’s program 2012. When we started, I paid only part of the school fees so I was not given a registration number, nevertheless I was able to complete all my courses and seminar defense with the supervision of my supervisor; there was no issue up till this point. When It was time for my project work, the topic was supplied my assistant supervisor, the project design was agreed by both; the bench work was supervised by the assistant and the statistical analysis was done by my supervisor after I paid him 13k. he initially rejected the result on the ground that he does not know what I did since he was not the one that supervised. It took the persuasion of the assistant supervisor before he accepted. I don’t know if this is where the whole problem started. When it was for the internal defense, I had to go and clear my fees so my result can be processed with my registration number. Having done that I went back to the PG coordinator to check my result again, only to was when discovered a course was missing and the coordinator of the course was my supervisor. Now, here is where I made my first mistake, as the issues was piling up, i left the program for a year and six month to attend to business. I came back to the program on the advice of family and friend. I went to meet my supervisor about the issue of missing result, from missing result it became a case of missing script. My answer booklet could not be found and to think that we were less than 17 people that wrote the exam was all the more shocking. Another shocking thing is that it was only my own that was missing out of everybody who wrote the exam. To make matter worse, he accused me of not writing the exam, I was only saved by the attendance sheet that showed I participated. From here on, he started taking things personal, he said there is nothing he can do for me that I should forget the program. I took the case to the dean of science; it was resolve that I should rewrite the exam as long as I am ready to pay another school fees. This was acceptable by me but my supervisor was vehemently opposed to it. After much pressure from above, he bulged. I wrote the paper of which he was one of the lecturers. I was barely fortunate to pass with a score of 51. Nevertheless I was OK with it, at least my result can now be processed so I can defend and go. When I returned to my supervisor to tell him about the recent development concerning my result, his countenance changed. It was as if he was not happy that I passed, but that didn’t bother me much. I told him what is left is my project work; he needed to sign on it and submit to the department so I can be scheduled for defense, but he said he is not going to sign. By this time I was already getting frustrated with his attitude and actions coupled with the fact that I was beginning to suspect he had a hand in my missing script debacle (the coincidence is just too much to ignore). So right there in his office, I made my second mistake by allowing my frustration get the better of me; I raised my voice at him and I also accused him of frustrating my effort to his face. He said because of that I will never complete my program.
The next day I went to apologized to him but he refuse to see me, I narrated my situation to other lecturers in the department to intervene on my behalf but he is adamant. So right now, I am thinking about abandoning the program but when I consider how far I have come and how much time and effort I have invested I get angry. My other thought says I should get even. I am completely bitter and angry about the whole matte, i just don’t know where to go from here. Any sound counsel from and body will be highly welcomed.
Re: Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life by SUPERPACK: 10:28pm On Apr 03, 2019
Get a lawyer and sue him.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life by alphaNomega: 11:15pm On Apr 03, 2019
Na this type of lecturers dey make people join cult.

One lecturer like that kept frustrating her students almost like what your supervisor is doing. When she messed with the wrong person, you would pity her.

She was not killed but bítch was maimed for life, amputated lots of her fingers to make her teaching career useless.

There is no limit to human wickedness.
Re: Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life by SOSPITAS(m): 6:14am On Apr 04, 2019
SUPERPACK:
Get a lawyer and sue him.
I'm seriously thinking in this direction.

1 Like

Re: Help! My Supervisor Is Frustrating My Life by Nobody: 8:03am On Apr 04, 2019
I wish you recorded those threat he made,

Kai this lecturer are wicked

(1) (Reply)

Student Kicked Out Of uniben Restaurant For Slapping A Staff / 30 June WBJEE JENPAUH Answer Key 30.06.2019 PDF Download / Why Do People Think Petroleum Engineering Is Not Good

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.