Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,494 members, 7,830,495 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice (732 Views)

The Best Breeds For mini poultry for personal Consumption. Suggestions needed pl / Mini Poultry With OBJ Marshall Male Line (my Experience ) / Welcome to my Mini Poultry. Whereby I’m using mostly Organic Vaccinations. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by aysnoopy(m): 11:56pm On Apr 03, 2019
Good evening everyone, I wanted to seek for advice and also to know d estimate amount I'll use to invest on the poultry.
I was a salary earner and I felt my salary aren't meeting my needs, so I want to try poultry business.
I've a land and that's y I wanted to start from a little (100 broiler birds) just for the start.
How can I take care of dem without having more dan 5% death of d birds.
Plus the building and 100birds till point of sell, how much will I need and how much gain can I see?
I'll appreciate any contributions and advice. Thanks
Re: I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by Agrostyles: 7:00am On Apr 04, 2019
Morning. I will advice you start small if you are novice. Start with maybe 20-30 birds to learn and make neccessary adjustment. You don't wont to get it wrong with 100 birds believe me.

Secondly, know you market. I repeat, know your market. This cannot be over emphasised. If you rear 100 birds for 8 weeks or more and you couldn't get buyer.. Then expected profit will be used to buy more feeds to sustain the birds and you end up doing all the hardwork for nut.

So be guided and carry out due diligent.
As to a profit aspect,

Price of day old chick is usually btw 200-260 so let say = 24000 for 100 birds.

A bird consumed about approximately 6.8kg feed to attain 2.5-3kg in seven weeks, if you feed 24/7

So, 100 birds= 6.8×100
= 680kg which is 27.2 bags of feed.

If a bag cost 3800 averagely, then 30 bags is 103,360
Cost of drugs and vaccine = 10,000

Miscellaneous = 5,000

Total = 142,360

Mortality= 10%

if sold for 2500, then averagely the 90 birds will yield= 225000

Profit = 82,640

Note. This is just an estimate.. And I didn't factor in your fixed cost
Which will include
Cost of building a pen..
Cost of drinkers
Cost of feeders
Cost of land...

So the first production might not really yield any profit per say. But as times goes on, you will learn alot and gain alot too.

If you need a proper feasibility plan. I can help with that.
But not free o grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by aysnoopy(m): 7:44am On Apr 04, 2019
Agrostyles:
Morning. I will advice you start small if you are novice. Start with maybe 20-30 birds to learn and make neccessary adjustment. You don't wont to get it wrong with 100 birds believe me.

Secondly, know you market. I repeat, know your market. This cannot be over emphasised. If you rear 100 birds for 8 weeks or more and you couldn't get buyer.. Then expected profit will be used to buy more feeds to sustain the birds and you end up doing all the hardwork for nut.

As to a profit aspect,

A bird consumed about approximately 6.8kg feed to attain 2.5-3kg in seven weeks, if you feed 24/7

So, 100 birds= 6.8×100

Miscellaneous = 5,000

Total = 142,360

Mortality= 10%

Profit = 82,640

Which will include
Cost of building a pen..
Cost of drinkers
Cost of feeders
Cost of land...

So the first production might not really yield any profit per say. But as times goes on, you will learn alot and gain alot too.

But not free o grin

Thanks so much. This will really help me.. God bless u
Re: I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by VillagerFarms: 10:18am On Apr 04, 2019
what kind of housing do u have in plan for them? anyway i can supply your day old chicks (CHI n ZARTECH). Meanwhile you can reach me on 08065781796 for free tele-consultation
Re: I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by besbuk: 11:45am On Apr 04, 2019
Try to Check this LINK => www.obashapagro..com For Full Details Poultry Practical Information How You Can Set Up This Lucrative business in Small Scale as a Backyard Poultry Farmer .
Re: I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by aysnoopy(m): 7:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
VillagerFarms:
what kind of housing do u have in plan for them? anyway i can supply your day old chicks (CHI n ZARTECH). Meanwhile you can reach me on 08065781796 for free tele-consultation

Deep litter. Just want to start in my compound but I want to be sure of d gain And how I can make dem survive with less dan 5% death
Re: I Wanted To Start a Mini Poultry business And Need Advice by healthserve(m): 7:34am On Aug 23, 2019
Agrostyles:

As to a profit aspect,

So, 100 birds= 6.8×100

Miscellaneous = 5,000

Total = 142,360

Mortality= 10%

Profit = 82,640

Which will include
Cost of building a pen..
Cost of drinkers
Cost of feeders
Cost of land...

But not free o grin

nice

(1) (Reply)

blank / NAFDAC Registration Made Easy / Shea Butter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.