Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,089 members, 7,811,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:44 PM

Advice Needed About Getting Married - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Advice Needed About Getting Married (2494 Views)

What's So Special About Getting Married? / Man Wants Divorce After Getting Married "Blind" But Now Sees. / How Lady Was Killed By Poison After Getting Married Against Family Wish. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 8:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
Nairaland family,

I created this account today so I can say my mind; I need your advice here.

I'm just few months shy of 34 years.

The issue now is that my mum is asking me to get married, (she's about conducting church deliverance service for me even).

Unfortunately, no job yet; I'm only hustling. Doing a few legal businesses to keep me forging ahead.

Now, I only have about 4.8 million naira; NOTHING ELSE!

I raised the money by working my ass off; doing only LEGAL businesses (graphics, web, writing), etc.

Now, the challenge is, business is not consistent because it's 99.9% online based.

But, I also wish to settle down now, in fact, before 35 years (when I was younger, I was hoping I would be married by 29). Alas! Life is not a bed of roses.

Also, I wish to further my education.

So, I need your precious advice:

If you want to advise me as your family member, close to 35 years of age, struggling, no job, but hardworking; do you think I should settle down whilst still looking for greener pastures?

Note: I don't have a fiancee or gf right now.

P. S. If you have any REASONABLE job offer for me, I will gladly take it as I am open for negotiations.

I can do any LEGAL biz or job, locally or internationally; including waiter, morgue attendant, etc, once the pay is 'comparatively' equal to the risk of the job.

Please, save a brother.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by tripplephi: 8:49pm On Apr 04, 2019
onlyhope:
Nairaland family,

The issue now is that my mum is asking me to get married, (she's about conducting church deliverance service for me even).

Unfortunately, no job yet; I'm only hustling. Doing a few legal businesses to keep me forging ahead.

I raised the money by working my ass off; doing only LEGAL businesses (graphics, web, writing), etc.

Now, the challenge is, business is not consistent because it's 99.9% online based.

But, I also wish to settle down now, in fact, before 35 years (when I was younger, I was hoping I would be married by 29). Alas! Life is not a bed of roses.

If you want to advise me as your family member, close to 35 years of age, struggling, no job, but hardworking; do you think I should settle down whilst still looking for greener pastures?

P. S. If you have any REASONABLE job offer for me, I will gladly take it as I am open for negotiations.

I can do any LEGAL biz or job, locally or internationally; including waiter, morgue attendant, etc, once the pay is 'comparatively' equal to the risk of the job.

Please, save a brother.

do business offline first and make money before MARRIAGE.... Age is a number. calm down.

6 Likes

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by masterpiecer(m): 8:52pm On Apr 04, 2019
onlyhope:
Nairaland family,

Please, save a brother.

If you were able to raise #4.8m on your own I don't know what u need a job for, you r already a job

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Davash222(m): 8:54pm On Apr 04, 2019
You even have 4.8 million Naira.

For this Buhari’s Next level and you have 4.8M You’re a Wealthy man, sire.

4 Likes

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Chubhie: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
4.8 million and you still say nothing and looking for a job. Wonderful. When watching soccer, I know a good player by what he does off the ball and not what he does with the ball.

Lekwa gi lekwa goalkeeper.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by greatnaija01: 9:03pm On Apr 04, 2019
I must commend you sir, firstly for your courage and resilience against the challenges of life.

YOU ARE NOT LATE MY BROTHER, PLS NOTE THAT.

Now as regarding your issue... It is simple o.

First get into a REAL RELATIONSHIP (no time for games). The Lady needs to be working class or a thriving business owner who is submissive to you and ready to support you.

Next, understand that the 4.8 you have is PARTLY for BUSINESS and for wedding. so HALF IT. Let 2million be kept for the wedding. Whomever you will marry can add to it. YES.... at that age Ladies are more mature and understand that it is 50/50.

2 million is enough for a good wedding... YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYONE OR CALL IN BLOGGERS AND PAPPARAZZI or feed 5000 like Jesus. See, 2million is even more than enough.

Next... KINDLY consider agricultural businesses and investments.... Also Kindly learn how to import and buy and sell online and offline. 800k is more than enough for BOTH businesses I just mentioned. GOATTI gives 30% every 6months. AGROPARK gives 70-80% on a plot for farming under 10 months. You can move your 4.8 to 6million with these and others based on your research and wise judgement.

Another thing sir is to BUY an ORIGINAL plot of Land from the remaining 2million, which is less than a million. NOT ON THE ISLAND O.
LAND IS ALWAYS AN ASSET and will always increase in its worth.

Uber/Taxify business can also help you sir, you can get a good car for less than 800k and begin doing it and being your own boss. There is no shame in such BUSINESS. This gives you 30K WEEKLY

Keke business is also lucrative, it gives you 25k weekly if you have a driver on higher purchase. A keke is currently 660-720k. TVC is the best brand.

You are a STRONG MAN and I salute you. Kindly NOTE that you have everything it takes for wealth, it is just a matter of time. 34 YEARS is not OLD.... you are still a youth. Kindly follow the little common sense I have shared and be happy the rest of your life.
NEVER WAIT FOR EMPLOYMENT... SELF EMPLOYMENT WITH WISE INVESTMENTS is what thrives these days o.

I wish you all the best.

onlyhope:
Nairaland family,

Please, save a brother.

17 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 9:08pm On Apr 04, 2019
Thanks, I so much appreciate this advice. It's really soul lifting to hear good advice like yours. Thanks again.
greatnaija01:
I must commend you sir, firstly for your courage and resilience against the challenges of life.

YOU ARE NOT LATE MY BROTHER, PLS NOTE THAT.

Now as regarding your issue... It is simple o.

First get into a REAL RELATIONSHIP (no time for games). The Lady needs to be working class or a thriving business owner who is submissive to you and ready to support you.

Next, understand that the 4.8 you have is PARTLY for BUSINESS and for wedding. so HALF IT. Let 2million be kept for the wedding. Whomever you will marry can add to it. YES.... at that age Ladies are more mature and understand that it is 50/50.

2 million is enough for a good wedding... YOU ARE NOT TRYING TO IMPRESS ANYONE OR CALL IN BLOGGERS AND PAPPARAZZI or feed 5000 like Jesus. See, 2million is even more than enough.

Next... KINDLY consider agricultural businesses and investments.... Also Kindly learn how to import and buy and sell online and offline. 800k is more than enough for BOTH businesses I just mentioned. GOATTI gives 30% every 6months. AGROPARK gives 70-80% on a plot for farming under 10 months. You can move your 4.8 to 6million with these and others based on your research and wise judgement.

Another thing sir is to BUY an ORIGINAL plot of Land from the remaining 2million, which is less than a million. NOT ON THE ISLAND O.
LAND IS ALWAYS AN ASSET and will always increase in its worth.

Uber/Taxify business can also help you sir, you can get a good car for less than 800k and begin doing it and being your own boss. There is no shame in such BUSINESS. This gives you 30K WEEKLY

Keke business is also lucrative, it gives you 25k weekly if you have a driver on higher purchase. A keke is currently 660-720k. TVC is the best brand.

You are a STRONG MAN and I salute you. Kindly NOTE that you have everything it takes for wealth, it is just a matter of time. 34 YEARS is not OLD.... you are still a youth. Kindly follow the little common sense I have shared and be happy the rest of your life.
NEVER WAIT FOR EMPLOYMENT... SELF EMPLOYMENT WITH WISE INVESTMENTS is what thrives these days o.

I wish you all the best.

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 9:10pm On Apr 04, 2019
I appreciate your input. Thanks for your time.
Chubhie:
4.8 million and you still say nothing and looking for a job. Wonderful. When watching soccer, I know a good player by what he does off the ball and not what he does with the ball.

Lekwa gi lekwa goalkeeper.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Jcole1985(m): 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Madam take a deep breath,the important thing here is that you want to get married.Do yourself a favour,when you see a man,avoid passing off any femenist tendency cus men love Meek Ladies not the arrogant type.From your words above,you are the only women on NL that has ever sounded real,smart and attractive...

Albeit,the 4.something million naira is doing the magic but truly you do sound like a nice one.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by inforesource: 9:16pm On Apr 04, 2019
Why I am a bit worried about your post is that at 30+ you are not certain n sure of your destiny environment where you can constantly make money n keep expanding. If this is not settled, do not venture into marriage. If you do, you will end up exhausting that small 4.8m you saved.

So what is my advice, make sure you are 100% sure of what you are called to do, if this is settled, you can then bring in a wife not a women, to join you. Mark my Word, you will enjoy urself.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 9:20pm On Apr 04, 2019
@Jcole1985, thanks for your input. But I'm a young man, not a woman. Maybe you will consider if you would re-address your advice towards me as male. Thanks again.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 9:22pm On Apr 04, 2019
@inforesource, I need prayers.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Jcole1985(m): 9:28pm On Apr 04, 2019
onlyhope:
@Jcole1985, thanks for your input. But I'm a young man, not a woman. Maybe you will consider if you would re-address your advice towards me as male. Thanks again.
I knew it,no NL girl can sound smart,all wayward kids,Oga ask your mom to look for a wife for you.Parent's match never fails,Check history.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Johntitus: 9:45pm On Apr 04, 2019
4 8 million? What the heck are you waiting for again?!
Ooops, no o girlfriend or fiancee.

Are you saying you were really introverted you never had female friends you could toast?

I think if I were the one, I'd do as @Jcole1985 said. Get hooked up with a lady searched for by your parents since you are possibly an introvert. Forget all these awon 'age is but a number' crew. You have the money, why linger? You can never gather money as you want for this life . Even Dangote still dey find money.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by inforesource: 9:46pm On Apr 04, 2019
Should I be frank with you @onlyhope, I hate that Word you used "I NEED PRAYERS". Not that I hate prayers, but I have come to realised that many people make use of this phrase to shift responsibility or spiritualised what requires action and work. So check the intent of that Word you used.
onlyhope:
@inforesource, I need prayers.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 9:51pm On Apr 04, 2019
@inforesource,
I get your point. I will try and work hard, and pray harder because life itself is a mystery. You're on point sir.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 9:55pm On Apr 04, 2019
@johntitus,
I'm an ambivert actually.

I will consider your advice. Last December (2018), my mum suggested a lady.

But I told her (my mum) she cannot choose a wife for me. I don't like arranged marriages. It kind of pisses me off (even in movies).

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by inforesource: 9:57pm On Apr 04, 2019
May God see you through. Trust in Him and you will never regret it. Take care.
onlyhope:
@inforesource,
I get your point. I will try and work hard, and pray harder because life itself is a mystery. You're on point sir.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 10:06pm On Apr 04, 2019
Amen (to the prayers). Thanks for your comforting inputs.
inforesource:
May God see you through. Trust in Him and you will never regret it. Take care.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by ogawisdom(m): 5:49am On Apr 05, 2019
onlyhope:
Nairaland family,

Please, save a brother.

You have 4.8m hmmm DTS alot of money, most people working for 20 years now do not have such savings.

Why not create job for yourself

Just use 1.5m and buy a clean Toyota sienna for transport biz and become a commercial driver.

U need multiple sources of income so that if online doesn't pay then offline can pay.

As for marriage u must start thinking seriously about it and plan to settle down in 2 years time when your offline transport biz is up n running
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by onlyhope: 6:03am On Apr 05, 2019
@ogawisdom,
Your wisdom is outstanding as your name implies.

Thank you so much.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Nobody: 6:20am On Apr 05, 2019
@op, only hope, it took you how long (how many months or years) to make that 4.8mil naira with the online gigs? As per your question, you've enough money to work with. Get a simple woman with something doing ...not a slay queen, have a simple wedding, build ur life together
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by nanauju(f): 3:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
Onlyhope I saw someone's suggestion about investments. You've done well saving up to that amount, all you need is investment. As for marriage, pls only marry when your mind is set for it, so you don't have regrets. Try and socialize a bit more, but be cautious of how you spend too. Look for someone who is ready to bring something to the table as well.

Be careful with your choices of investment too!
Good luck

2 Likes

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by aanuoluwami14(f): 3:51pm On Apr 05, 2019
masterpiecer:

If you were able to raise #4.8m on your own I don't know what u need a job for, you r already a job

God bless you jare, what else is he looking for? Op, its not necessary you do elaborate wedding, save cost, then plan for the future of your marriage, with you doing your job, you will be smiling grin grin. I pray that God will give you your own woman as a wife. Best luck
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by angelamina(f): 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
People still marry with less then that money, it's all about good planning, investment and determination
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Acidosis(m): 10:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
Please don't tell me you kept #4.5m in a savings account all these years.

Anyway, you worry too much. There is no business without some levels of risk. Worried the internet may shut down someday and keep you out of business? Well, even that oil company worries about the future of oil, banks worry about the future of traditional notes, etc.

I may be wrong but I don't think you make less than 250k a month (I'm assuming you pay your rent and bills).
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:22pm On Apr 05, 2019
Jcole1985:
Madam take a deep breath,the important thing here is that you want to get married.Do yourself a favour,when you see a man,avoid passing off any femenist tendency cus men love Meek Ladies not the arrogant type.From your words above,you are the only women on NL that has ever sounded

Albeit,the 4.something million naira is doing the magic but truly you do sound like a nice one.

Not all men love meek women. Speak only for thyself.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
Jcole1985:

I knew it,no NL girl can sound smart,all wayward kids,Oga ask your mom to look for a wife for you.Parent's match never fails,Check history.

You've got to be kidding me! Do his parents know what he wants in a woman? Such a warped mentality.

1 Like

Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Jcole1985(m): 1:19am On Apr 06, 2019
UyaiIncomparabl:

Not all men love meek women. Speak only for thyself.
You are not a man so you speak for your species
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Nobody: 7:51am On Apr 06, 2019
dis life sef am older than OP & yet I need 100k to start all over. internet or no internet I have offline skill dat will make life better for me.

4.8m ? you no get wahala but worrying over unnecessarily.

if I put 1m out of dis ur 4.8 offline I no suffer again
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Nobody: 10:29am On Jul 07, 2020
onlyhope:
Nairaland family,

Please, save a brother.
Hello sir. Have you found a good investment? I have something you will love.
Re: Advice Needed About Getting Married by Saintinoo(m): 1:34pm On Jul 07, 2020
masterpiecer:

The guy is a scammer, he want people to DM him about the business he does, so he can scam them, no be nairaland again?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why Do I Always Feel Like Having Sex / Trusted Nanny Agency At Ibadan / The Reason You Are Giving Birth To Only Female Children

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.