Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,909 members, 7,835,033 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 01:37 AM

"I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses (32362 Views)

Zambian Man Commits Suicide Over Wife's Cheating / Nurse Confesses To Changing DNA Results Of Kids, Tricks Man Into Divorcing His W / Photo Of 20-Year-Old Zambian Female Student Who Committed Suicide (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by LilMissFavvy(f): 9:01pm On Apr 05, 2019
Oh God how on Earth can someone be so wicked. I can only imargine the number of homes she has broken, the number of families who were victims and the innocent wives involved.
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by themonk(m): 9:25pm On Apr 05, 2019
dominique:

According to how my mother inlaw, Lagos island maternity hospital births around a hundred babies per day. The nursery and maternity ward are not on the same floor, mothers don't get see their babies until hours after birth. I asked her a while back if it's possible for babies to get mixed up due to negligence and she said chances of such happening are slim but not impossible. Now imagine a mischievous person having access to that many babies and all she has to do is switch name tags between both babies, it won't take her more than 2 minutes to achieve this.

The Zambian nurse in question may not have had access to up to 100 babies but no less than six at a given time. It won't take her long to make a quick switch when no one's lookimg. Note that she did this over a period 12 years, that's around 400 babies per year. I'm afraid there's no way a mother can tell for a fact that she has been handed the wrong baby, absolutely no way.

Hundred babies per day? That's enormous. I find it difficult to believe.
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by Vipdike(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
Women are the most dangerous spices ever lived on earth....they kill without blinking.... They have no concise... Person wey woman no kill....him death too far...
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by Boyhood: 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2019
themonk:

I never said it wasn't possible. I'm investigating the ease.

That is a different issue, when a baby is sold fingers are pointed. Same way many in 5000 women must have noticed that their baby has been swapped.

This is some interesting figure, A dozen babies a day is a very large number and can amount to that. But the ease at which this can be done to reach 5000 would require a David Copperfield.

While this is possible, in 5000 times so many things could go wrong.

I doubt the numbers 5000 may be just an estimation because herself I don't think she keeps record of every dirty swap she makes.. but again look at it this way, 5000 babies in 12 years, that's about 416.666 babies in a year and that's about 1.1416 babies a day
Now you can ask is it possible to swap two babies in a day?
Again it's worthy of Note that the story said 5000babies and NOT 5k swaps. It takes at least two babies to complete a swap action hence she could be said to have undertaken 2500 swap action in the said period of 12years
This can then be said an average of 208.33 swap actions in a year and 0.57 in a day .. since it's not every day she is on duty and on her duty days more that one swap can be carried out then it's possible to swap 5000 BABAIES ...
Though personally I think that number is too much for a fun seeking person she might only be estimating except if she keeps record.

1 Like

Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by dingbang(m): 10:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
Na king Solomon go judge ya case for heaven. Nonsense
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by AreaFada2: 10:39pm On Apr 05, 2019
themonk:

I have modified my comment, please read it again. She has to swap at a time when two or more women gave birth and she has to swap a boy for a boy and a girl for a girl. The probability she swapped close to 2000 sef is unrealistic.
Of course it might not not be up to 5000. I do not think she took a register of the babies. It must be an estimate from memory. Which of cause is most likely flawed.

1 Like

Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by Nobody: 11:23pm On Apr 05, 2019
your case na for hell fire court of law dem go judge am
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by ACE1010: 11:49pm On Apr 05, 2019
shocked shocked shocked

Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by incogni2o: 12:48am On Apr 06, 2019
Offpoint:
If the angel in charge of swapping us before birth did his job like this woman, I'll be somewhere in the US.

You don't need to beg for any forgiveness aside from the marital infidelity issues, you did nothing wrong.

Some of those kids are in good hands with fulfilled life.

I wish I was swapped with Dangote son.

Do you know if you were actually swapped to your current location grin grin grin grin
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by ImaIma1(f): 3:34am On Apr 06, 2019
themonk:

It's very difficult to swap a baby because both births have to be about the same time. Since it is about 500 births a year, we are looking at about 1000 births whereby two people gave birth about the same time and the circumstances permits her to swap successfully. Since there are two genders and she must swap a boy for a boy and a girl for a girl we are looking at a much harder probability. She is either mad or the bloggers are insane with the figures.

Cc Nbote ken6488

When i gave birth, two other women gave birth the same day almost at the same time and it wasn't a general hospital where there are more people. Anything is possible when one is determined. Never say never

1 Like

Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by Nobody: 7:13am On Apr 06, 2019
When you think you have seen it all undecided.
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by Nickymezor(f): 7:19am On Apr 06, 2019
Is this some sort of exaggeration Hmmm datz madness if really true
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by tulabh: 7:22am On Apr 06, 2019
If your birth certificate is from that hospital... Pls go out and search for your parent

Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by femi4: 7:54am On Apr 06, 2019
Its time to kill her for fun
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by dominique(f): 9:33am On Apr 08, 2019
themonk:

Hundred babies per day? That's enormous. I find it difficult to believe.

Island maternity hospital is a six storey building dedicated to birthing babies only. People come from all over Lagos and even neighbouring states to give birth there. My mother in-law that had all her kids there was the one that told me about the high volume of patients that give birth there on a daily basis.
Re: "I Swapped Close To 5,000 Babies In 12 Years" - Zambian Nurse Confesses by bumperCA2: 1:27pm On Apr 08, 2019
chinwe1960:
@ StateReporter News
Breaking: ‘ I swapped close to 5,000 babies in 12yrs I worked in the maternity ward’ ~ Nurse Confesses
A dying nurse has begged God for forgiveness while confessing that she swapped thousands of babies while she was working as a nurse in UTH.

Elizabeth Mwewa, a nurse who worked at University Teaching Hospital, formerly called Lusaka Hospital, in Lusaka, Zambia, confessed on her sick bed that she exchanged the babies of thousands of new mothers while she worked at the maternity ward of UTH.

ElizabethBwalya Mwewa now suffers from cancer and, as she lay on her sickbed, she confessed to all her crimes.

She said on Monday: “May God Forgive me for my sins.”

She added: “I used to swap babies at UTH for fun.”
Read More
Source : StateReporter News
http://www.statereporters.com/2019/04/05/breaking-swapped-close-5000-babies-12yrs-worked-maternity-ward-nurse-confesses/

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mike Pence Didn't Wear Face-Mask During Visit To Clinic / 643 New COVID-19 Cases, 207 Discharged And 6 Deaths On July 15- (3081 Tested) / The Marriage Between "aa" And "ss", "as" And Ss. (wat's The Product)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.