Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,832 members, 7,837,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 01:14 PM

Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce - Business (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce (57889 Views)

Jeff Bezos: World's Richest Man Agrees $35bn Divorce With His Wife / Jeff Bezos And Lauren Sanchez Sex Chat Leaked, Led To His Crashed Marriage / Nigeria’s External Reserves To Hit 3yr High Of $35bn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 8:33pm On Apr 05, 2019
Martin0:

that should be Emmanuel ebue

That dude was a disappointment to men, How could he even allow a white woman to easily trick him like that, He was sending her millions & signing every damn thing she told him to. I never pitted him even for a second cause he infected with HIV or so I have heard
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by generationz(f): 8:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
Princedapace:

u dont get it? That woman started life with him..

Not in this country where more than 80% of the ladies marry already made men who did the hustle all alone..

This man and his wife did the hustle together dear and she is worth the settlement..

Not true

Even if she married him when rich she will still get divorce settlement based on some procedures
Happened to Eddy Murphy and other celebrities.

This happens when one partner earns more than the other.

Nigeria is just a lawless country.

Even if the woman built the properties from her little income the justice system is useless for her
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by IJEYdiamond(f): 8:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
Hmmmm

Please is anyone on the platform Using clickfunnels?

To explain how it works...
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 8:43pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ugosample:

did you know that idiot footballer infected her with HIV?
And is Hiv positive himself due to his recklessness and lack of discipline?

he deserved the boot

Just that he, just like many other African men like him come from a place that excuses the foolishness of men and give them a pat on the back

Are there not many many many black men in Europe married to their white wives for decades and no wahala?

the moment you bring that African factor here, the woman will eat you up

Siimple
Really? i didn't hear that part, Are you sure?
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2019
Martin0:

that should be Emmanuel ebue
Okay, so you knew about it too? So were is he From? Nigeria?
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 8:45pm On Apr 05, 2019
sonnie10:
Isn’t it funny? Dangote that has been hustling like Soldier ant since 1970s; buy trailer, do sugar, salt, cement even spaghetti join. Collect allocations, monopolize, use subsidies, yet his money is not even half of what we are talking about here

U dey wicked o grin
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by MyVILLAGEpeople(m): 8:48pm On Apr 05, 2019
tripper003:

desert and ocean Life's like that!

Hmmm Exactly bro
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 8:50pm On Apr 05, 2019
freshdude99:
I noticed from this settlement, that they both loved and still love each other. Four kids isn't a small thing, so its a win-win for the family. Well I see them still finding their way back to each other in the future tho
That is true. Besides she wouldn't be Able to trust Any man, She will Always believes that Any man who comes near her is After her money, Except Jeff.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 8:55pm On Apr 05, 2019
IJEYdiamond:
Hmmmm

Please is anyone on the platform Using clickfunnels?

To explain how it works...

i hope you know they dont have free account, did you pay for it, if you are using it why pay for something you dont understand

clickfunnel is an online sales and marketing funnel builder..it helps your business market, sell, and deliver their products online, i will upload some videos for you to know how to use it.

watch this video to learn how it works.. it is a long video that will need your time and data,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PAJRcCIg8QI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTPJdhXMBAA

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Princedapace(m): 8:56pm On Apr 05, 2019
generationz:

Not true

Even if she married him when rich she will still get divorce settlement based on some procedures
Happened to Eddy Murphy and other celebrities.

This happens when one partner earns more than the other.

Nigeria is just a lawless country.

Even if the woman built the properties from her little income the justice system is useless for her

Nigeria is not useless.. I support such law only when the woman contributed to the man's life.. Not a gold digger who comes into a man's life, after a while, divorce him just to share in his wealth..

The law system there, many men are complaining too.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 8:57pm On Apr 05, 2019
thebosstrevor:

i dont want to laugh, why do you feel pain and also who told you the mr jeff is working for humanity rather than for shareholders and profit, if he really cared about humanity as the normal rhetoric for startups, he would have made all his services open source and also free of charge then no one would have become billionaires.

How infantile do you have to be to construe my strongly worded statement to mean painful? What do I care when a billionaire's wife becomes a billionaire? I just see no difference between Mackenzie and the Russian Oligarchs who bought vast national enterprises for as low $1, becoming instant billionaires in the process, simply because they were friends of Putin and his political circle.

Neither party earned their wealth. And it reflects poorly on our current economic system that someone can f*ck her way to $35b and draft it under the shabby cloak of I married him before he was a billionaire. What exactly did she do that earned her that $35b? Raising four kids with the help of nannies and cooks in million dollar properties? Balancing the books in the first few months while other employees practically worked round the clock for years and weekend days off was unacceptable? What did she do other than f*cking Bezos to deserve $35b?

I didn't say he's working for humanity. Go buy prescription glasses if you're having problems reading. I explicitly said "contributions to humanity." This is factually accurate as his investments in AI, space exploration to make mankind to spacefaring species, green transportation, amongst others are critical to the next millenium of humanity's prosperity.

Until now, Elon Musk has been the sole flag bearer. It's fortuitous for billionaires to not just rest on their oars but channel their vast wealth into combating problems most people are too pedantic to realize much less understand.

And if one is able to provide contributions of economic value, such person is entitled to profiting from said contributions. NOTHING IS FREE. Even charities need donors to stay operational.

-Lord
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 9:06pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

How infantile do you have to be to construe my strongly worded statement to mean painful? What do I care when a billionaire's wife becomes a billionaire? I just see no difference between Mackenzie and the Russian Oligarchs who bought vast national enterprises for as low $1, becoming instant billionaires in the process, simply because they were friends of Putin and his political circle.

Neither party earned their wealth. And it reflects poorly on our current economic system that someone can f*ck her way to $35b and draft it under the shabby cloak of I married him before he was a billionaire. What exactly did she do that earned her that $35b? Raising four kids with the help of nannies and cooks in million dollar properties? Balancing the books in the first few months while other employees practically worked round the clock for years and weekend days off was unacceptable? What did she do other than f*cking Bezos to deserve $35b?

I didn't say he's working for humanity. Go buy prescription glasses if you're having problems reading. I explicitly said "contributions to humanity." This is factually accurate as his investments in AI, space exploration to make mankind to spacefaring species, green transportation, amongst others are critical to the next millenium of humanity's prosperity.

Until now, Elon Musk has been the sole flag bearer. It's fortuitous for billionaires to not just rest on their oars but channel their vast wealth into combating problems most people are too pedantic to realize much less understand.

And if one is able to provide contributions of economic value, such person is entitled to profiting from said contributions. NOTHING IS FREE. Even charities need donors to stay operational.

-Lord

i hope you know that it took her 10 years to publish her first novel...

and who told you russian oligarchs bought companies for $1 because they were closed to putin ..mention those oligarch

i am wearing my prescription glasses, and what contribution to humanity is mr jeff doing other than what i have said earlier making money for shareholders, cant you see all their so called contribution to humanity is just to have power and control information. even the elon musk you mention can you afford his autonomous car or his solar roof and batteries... pls lets stop deceiving ourself that these guys are contributing to humanity.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 9:08pm On Apr 05, 2019
Jiang:

Better wise up woh, prepare your prenup well well, If people can prepare wills before they passed on, I see nothing wrong with prenup, If she can't sign it, that means she does not trust me or herself either, this is just a precaution. Delusions of love should not blind you of d harsh realities of this world

Well, i consider it awkward sha.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by generationz(f): 9:17pm On Apr 05, 2019
Princedapace:

Nigeria is not useless.. I support such law only when the woman contributed to the man's life.. Not a gold digger who comes into a man's life, after a while, divorce him just to share in his wealth..

The law system there, many men are complaining too.

It goes both ways in the USA
For men and women

If the woman earns more she will support the mam when they divorce.
It happened to Mary j blige

Nigeria is lawless
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by manny4life(m): 9:19pm On Apr 05, 2019
Elparaiso:

Forgiving? He paid the best lawyers, dude.

And you think she did not have the best lawyers? Marriage in the US is not Nigeria, she willingly relinquished control and voting rights, compared to how messy some women can be, she was very lenient and just stuck with her shares of Amazon. Many women would want more and more... There's nothing any lawyer would do to change the community property law, even Mr. Bezos knows this. All lawyers will do is drag the case for more money... As simple as it was, divorce was finalized in such a short period. So trust me, she was very lenient.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by lielbree: 9:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
kilisi:
This is absolutely crazy in my humble opinion angry
They founded the company together and she was it's first employee

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by NinjaMetahuman: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
Offpoint:
Chai, if na like this all divorce be, some women go make am life time business.

You be like: Aunty Kemi what do you do for a living and she'll be like "I divorce for a living, I have 10 years experience... it's a lucrative business with zero capita to start"
funniest shit I have read so far this week cheesy
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
lielbree:

They founded the company together and she was it's first employee

jeff founded the company, she was first employee and worked as an accountant in amazon
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 9:30pm On Apr 05, 2019
gypsey:
Really? i didn't hear that part, Are you sure?

eboue is HIV positive

so the news I heard has to be true

that's why he was kicked out of Turkey in the first place
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 9:34pm On Apr 05, 2019
manny4life:

And you think she did not have the best lawyers? Marriage in the US is not Nigeria, she willingly relinquished control and voting rights, compared to how messy some women can be, she was very lenient and just stuck with her shares of Amazon. Many women would want more and more... There's nothing any lawyer would do to change the community property law, even Mr. Bezos knows this. All lawyers will do is drag the case for more money... As simple as it was, divorce was finalized in such a short period. So trust me, she was very lenient.

Well

What's the worst case scenario, assuming she wanted to be messy?

I'm sure it may not be more the 50% of total assets

with good lawyers, a man can minimize his "casualty )" in the event of a divorce

Not that he will not pay up; but impact will be reduced

just saying sha
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 9:35pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ugosample:

eboue is HIV positive

so the news I heard has to be true

that's why he was kicked out of Turkey in the first place

In December 2017, Eboué was offered a job coaching the under-14 team at former club Galatasaray, when their manager Fatih Terim was made aware of Eboué's financial problems

but he has re-married recently

https://www.pulse.ng/sports/football/emmanuel-eboue-remarries-in-cote-divoire-after-divorce-that-left-him-penniless/1lnspej
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 9:36pm On Apr 05, 2019
pacespot:
this couple were unable to manage the temptation of unprecedented financial success that bequeathed their marriage. they were unlike Bill and Melinda Gates. how can you divorce someone you have spent probably the most successful years of your life with, how can they keep up being apart?

well, since this is a peaceful divorce, we can look forward to a reunion in future.

I don't think it's a question of being "unable to manage the temptation of unprecedented financial success that bequeathed their marriage."

Bezos was a very driven man, so he'd have been successful at whatever he set his mind on. Maybe not a billionaire, but millionaire easy. I think their divorce announcement text was lucid. Their marriage was a phase of their lives that was just that--a phase. They're at the end of it and they're heading off in new directions while remaining friends.

What informs this summation on my part is how they got together. As a high-level hedge fund staff, Bezos was already at the top of the bachelor totem pole. However, in his words, he was romantically undesirable. He wasn't the kind of guy, even with the financial stability, who ladies wanted to be with after an half-hour of discussion.

He had to resort to asking friends to set him up and at a time became a self-professed "professional dater." Couldn't hold down a relationship. This was a problem because he desperately wanted to settle down. It was at this time that he hired Mackenzie. And surprise surprise--according to the account I read--Mackenzie was the one who asked him out shortly after she started working for him. They dated for all of 3 months, engaged and married soon after. This was 1993.

As such if you understand behavioral psychology, it is inevitable that there would come a time after a subject has gone from romantically undesirable finance geek to hung $130b richest-man-in-the-world mogul who just wants to have the sexual liberty he supposedly missed out on. It explains why he was fawning about a lady who by any objective standards is less attractive than Mackenzie.

It's sad he had to cheat on her, but when you're richer than certain countries, built a company whose rumors can tank the stocks of other companies, funded a rocket company with play money and have access to ICBM technology owned by less than a dozen countries; it's understandable to develop a god complex that makes you think societal rules are exclusively for the proles.

This is similar to 19-23 year olds who marry early then in their 30s and 40s begin to have a mid-life crises about why the f*ck they wasted their prime years raising a family and what's next for them. And at some point find their way to AshleyMadison.

Maybe they'd get together later and to be sure ladies like Mackenzie and Melinda are the kind of women one could hope for as a billionaire, but even if Jeff had only become a millionaire, it is unlikely this marriage was a till-death-do-us-part Disney fairytale. I'm happy for Mackenzie especially, and hope the next phase of their lives will be as eventful as their recent phase was.

-Lord

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 9:38pm On Apr 05, 2019
generationz:

It goes both ways in the USA For men and women
If the woman earns more she will support the mam when they divorce. It happened to Mary j blige
Nigeria is lawless
FACT .Nigeria is a LAWLESS COUNTRY
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 9:42pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

I don't think it's a question of being "unable to manage the temptation of unprecedented financial success that bequeathed their marriage."

Bezos was a very driven man, so he'd have been successful at whatever he set his mind on. Maybe not a billionaire, but millionaire easy. I think their divorce announcement text was lucid. Their marriage was a phase of their lives that was just that--a phase. They're at the end of it and they're heading off in new directions while remaining friends.

What informs this summation on my part is how they got together. As a high-level hedge fund staff, Bezos was already at the top of the bachelor totem pole. However, in his words, he was romantically undesirable. He wasn't the kind of guy, even with the financial stability, who ladies wanted to be with after an half-hour of discussion.

He had to resort to asking friends to set him up and at a time became a self-professed "professional dater." Couldn't hold down a relationship. This was a problem because he desperately wanted to settle down. It was at this time that he hired Mackenzie. And surprise surprise--according to the account I read--Mackenzie was the one who asked him out shortly after she started working for him. They dated for all of 3 months, engaged and married soon after. This was 1993.

As such if you understand behavioral psychology, it is inevitable that there would come a time after a subject has gone from romantically undesirable finance geek to hung $130b richest-man-in-the-world mogul who just wants to have the sexual liberty he supposedly missed out on. It explains why he was fawning about a lady who by any objective standards is less attractive than Mackenzie.

It's sad he had to cheat on her, but when you're richer than certain countries, built a company whose rumors can tank the stocks of other companies, funded a rocket company with play money and have access to ICBM technology owned by less than a dozen countries; it's understandable to develop a god complex that makes you think societal rules are exclusively for the proles.

This is similar to 19-23 year olds who marry early then in their 30s and 40s begin to have a mid-life crises about why the f*ck they wasted their prime years raising a family and what's next for them. And at some point find their way to AshleyMadison.

Maybe they'd get together later and to be sure ladies like Mackenzie and Melinda are the kind of women one could hope for as a billionaire, but even if Jeff had only become a millionaire, it is unlikely this marriage was a till-death-do-us-part Disney fairytale. I'm happy for Mackenzie especially, and hope the next phase of their lives will be as eventful as their recent phase was.

-Lord

this Lord sef

misogyny don enter your blood well well. tongue
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by MelaninGold(f): 9:44pm On Apr 05, 2019
Biingoo:
Shut up there!
Who is this hungry low-life fool. Just you dare quote me again.
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by PETUK(m): 9:53pm On Apr 05, 2019
BarrElChapo:
I don't understand

Sorry i meant to say that Tiger's wife was never there for him.

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 10:02pm On Apr 05, 2019
manny4life:

And marriage for the average Joe in the US is not the same for billionaires.

If she wanted to be messy she'd have faced far more adversity than women who fight over $5b or less. Stock would have tanked. Bezos would lose his control which would have been bad for the entire Bezos family. Bezos' parents are worth about $30b, most of it in Amazon stock. And they have 4 kids.

So she wouldn't just be fighting Bezos, she'd be fighting everyone from his parents to institutional investors with trillions in assets who HATE chaos. Because no financial manager in his/her right mind would gleefully accept an English major with no high-level skillset in organizational management to have any measurable sort of say in a potential trillion dollar company, just because she f*cked the company founder.

Simply put, it was in her best interest to take what she could get without a fuzz. Moreover wealthy billionaires rarely if ever settle half of their wealth. Rupert Murdoch is worth $18b. His ex-wife of 31 years got $2.6b.

She's an English graduate who got her big break working as a research assistant under Bezos. And she's a very private person. Bezos on the other hand is taking on the POTUS 45 and Saudi Arabia at a go and according to those who know him in the business world he's a bloody shark. It's heavily mismatched. She may get a few extra billions but the cost of doing so in the public eye... Man. Fighting for $65b, that's more money that's in our reserve. No one would give that up lying down especially when she wants to get messy.

She wasn't lenient. She took the best advised route.

-Lord

2 Likes

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 10:05pm On Apr 05, 2019
Xisnin:

Really?
They didn't go to court, it was an arbitrated deal.
Given the ignoble way he has conducted himself, a bitter woman could have made his life
a living hell because there is much to expose about the immature lover boy.

The consequence of a drawn-out divorce could be expulsion from Amazon because board members won't
sit idle while the company value sinks due to an acrimonious divorce fallout.

He got out easy.

80% of your posts on related issues are anti men ,don’t know why .

I look forward to the day men will stop marrying broke women who’ll reck them in a case of divorce (not talking of bezos cuz the wife contributed stuff )
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 10:11pm On Apr 05, 2019
Ugosample:

Well

What's the worst case scenario, assuming she wanted to be messy?

I'm sure it may not be more the 50% of total assets

with good lawyers, a man can minimize his "casualty )" in the event of a divorce

Not that he will not pay up; but impact will be reduced

just saying sha

Stop saying the man the man the man

In a divorce ,the wealthier spouse pays more so assuming Mackenzie was richer she’d be the one paying not bezos .

1 Like

Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Ugosample(m): 10:14pm On Apr 05, 2019
Elder0001:

Stop saying the man the man the man

In a divorce ,the wealthier spouse pays more so assuming Mackenzie was richer she’d be the one paying not bezos .

I know

I made mention of that

check my earlier comments here

I'm making specific reference to Jeff himself here

Like what do you think will be the worst case scenario
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by LordAdam: 10:21pm On Apr 05, 2019
thebosstrevor:

[s]
i hope you know that it took her 10 years to publish her first novel...

and who told you russian oligarchs bought companies for $1 because they were closed to putin ..mention those oligarch

i am wearing my prescription glasses, and what contribution to humanity is mr jeff doing other than what i have said earlier making money for shareholders, cant you see all their so called contribution to humanity is just to have power and control information. even the elon musk you mention can you afford his autonomous car or his solar roof and batteries... pls lets stop deceiving ourself that these guys are contributing to humanity.[/s]

I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you after reading your last paragraph!

As for the oligarchs, start reading on Vagit Alekperov and Leonid Mikelson. Then check out the systemic rot that handed 94 of Putin's allies who are on the US Watch List their wealth of at least $1b each.

-Lord
Re: Jeff Bezos Agrees $35bn Divorce by Nobody: 10:28pm On Apr 05, 2019
LordAdam:

[s]I have no interest in continuing this discussion with you after reading your last paragraph!

As for the oligarchs, start reading on Vagit Alekperov and Leonid Mikelson. Then check out the systemic rot that handed 94 of Putin's allies who are on the US Watch List their wealth of at least $1b each.

-Lord[/s]

so Vagit Alekperov president of Lukeoil and Leonid Mikelsonm ceo of Novatek bought those companies for $1 from putin, you dont know what you are saying, have you ever read their biography. when was these companies founded and when did putin came to power, you dont know what you are writing about.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Ebele Iyiegbu Launches Handbag Collection In Abuja Amidst Fanfare (Pictures) / Naira Crashes As FG Denies Currency Swap Deal / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 87
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.