Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,008 members, 7,817,973 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

The Great Commission: Soul-winning - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Great Commission: Soul-winning (353 Views)

What Must I Do To Become A Soul-winning Machine? / Dead Auchi Poly Student Raised Back To Life After Soul Winning, Pics / Dear Nigerian pastors, please face your work of soul winning and not tithes. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Great Commission: Soul-winning by pressplay411(m): 1:27pm On Apr 05, 2019
The Great Commission- Mandate and Mantle for Evangelism and Discipleship

Anchor Verse: Matthew 28:18-20
And Jesus came and spoke to them, saying, “All authority has been given to Me in heaven and on earth. Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all things that I have commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age.” Amen.

What is a Commission?
Simply defined, it is our task and responsibility. It is our work. What has been committed into our hands to do.

What happens when your parents commit a responsibility into your hands and you fail? They might forgive you, right? But they'll be disappointed. And might not trust you with another responsibility if you keep failing.

What happens when you're employed and your boss gives you a set target which you continuously fail. He could initially encourage you, if you have a good boss. But for the progress of the company, he would have to replace and fire you or demote you.
This will not be our portion in Jesus name.

Our Salvation came at the highest possible price. We were hopelessly and helplessly condemned to sin and death. Until Christ, the Son of God, in His Excellent Mercy, gave his life and shed his Pure Blood as Atonenement and Propitiation for our sins.
He took our place- the guiltless and sinless sacrificed in exchange for the condemned, guilty and sinful. He died that we may have hope again, that we may have life again, that we may have love again and enjoy the abundant Grace of God- Redemption, Justification, Sanctification, Transformation and Restoration- from shame to the Glory of God. Romans 3:23-24

We were not saved just to be choristers, teachers, prophets, pastors, multi-millionaires, etc.
We were saved primarily to win souls and continue the great works of our Creator. To establish the kingdom of heaven on earth as it is in heaven. This is the primary purpose of our salvation. Every other success God will make out of us is anchored on the success of us continuing in His work. 2 Corinthians 5:17-21

It is unfortunate, we, individually and the entire Body of Christ have been complacent with this our Great commission and no longer take it seriously. Let us sincerely evaluate and appraise ourselves. I ask my self and I hope you will ask yourself these questions too.

-How many of us know how to evangelise?
-When was the last time you evangelised?
-Are you waiting for your pastor to call a general evangelism?
-Why do we always have excuses not to evangelise?

Surely, the enemy will always give us a million reasons not to preach the gospel. But all we need is just one reason to evangelise- it is the only way others are saved, just as we were saved.
I pray we repent.

How then will they call on him in whom they have not believed?
And how are they to believe in him whom they have not heard?
And how are they to hear without someone preaching?
And how are they to preach unless they are sent?

Our LORD, Jesus Christ has sent us all.
Going through the last chapter of Matthew, Mark and Luke, we can observe this in the parting and final words of our Lord, Jesus Christ.
Why? It is all that matters and touches God's heart.
We don't need a degree in theology to evangelise. Just start in your little capacity and watch what God can do. He has promised us that All authority has been given to Him, and He is with us. Just start and leave the Holy Spirit to do wonders in you and through you.
Evangelism can be done both physically and virtually. Try both and prayerfully commit your self and the souls into God's hands. Both believers and unbelievers to be preached to. Also ensure you grow by learning more about Evangelism through your foundation class and committed evangelists around you.
The reason, it seems we're not fulfilled is because we are not fulfilling our God-ordained purpose.
It is ours to plant and water. It is God who gives increase. Don't be discouraged if you do not see immediate repentance. Salvation is the Lord's.

Closing Verse: Proverbs 11:30
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life,
And he who wins souls is wise.

May God perfect all He has committed into our hands in the All Mighty name of Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Pastor Wears Female Under-wear To Preach (video) ...right Or Wrong? / Doctor Accused Of Sterilizing Non-Muslim Patients Without Knowledge, Consent / For Eating In The Same Plate, Deeper Life Cancels Couple's Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.