Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,887 members, 7,814,005 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 12:16 AM

Purpose - Literature (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Purpose (2659 Views)

Statement Of Purpose And Admission Essay Writer Needed / A Life Of Purpose / 5 Steps On How To Achieve Your Purpose In Life [most Comprehensive Guide] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 4:54pm On Apr 15, 2019
Episode 8
"WHAT ARE YOU doing Grace?" I asked her in my mind as if she could hear me. She broke our eye contact and took a seat far from me.
We began the rehearsals and unfortunately for her I'm the one teaching the song so she just had to follow orders and I made sure I gave her a lot.
After the rehearsals, I waited outside where I know Gracie would surely pass. "Hello there" I said as she stepped out blocking her path.
"What do you want?" Gracie asked me.
"That seems to be the way you greet me these days." I looked straight into her eyes and I saw guilt, she looked down immediately, I smiled, Gracie is coming back.
"So you joined the choir" I said.
"Yes I joined the choir" She said.
"So you've prayed about it?"
She shrugged.
"Okay. I hope you know what you are doing." I left her standing there but I glanced back just to make sure she's alright.

IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS since I joined the choir and I'm leading the worship section today. I've never been more nervous in my life.
I climbed the podium, grabbed the mic with my shaky hands.
I gathered myself together.
"Hallelujah"
"Amen" The church chorused.
"Begin to wave your hands to Jesus"
As I began to sing, I felt something within me.
"This is not what I called you for" A voice said.
I started shaking on the stage, those words hit me.
All along I never felt I was meant to be here, I did not just fit in. I was forcing myself to be who I'm not.
This is not what I am made for.
I started crying but I kept on singing trying to keep my voice from shaking. The congregation probably thought I'm in the spirit.
I opened my eyes and looked frantically around and my eyes caught his.
He knew something was wrong.
The tears started falling more and he understood what I wanted.
Jacob came to the podium, collected the mic and gave me an assuring look before continuing the song.
I walked out from the church, found a secluded place and bawled.

I WAS STILL thinking when I heard footsteps.
I stood up to check who it is I didn't want anyone to see me in my messed up state now. I sighed with relief when I saw It's Jacob.
"Hey" He was breathing hard and sweating a bit, guess he ran here.
"Service is over?"
"Yeah" He sat down and I did too.
"I'm sorry Jake" I said after a few minutes.
Jake just kept quiet.
"I'm so sorry for the way I acted, I was just angry at myself, I was embarrassed and I felt jealous too"
A few tears dropped.
"I let my emotions take a hold of my thinking and I acted irrationally."
"I joined the choir because I wanted to prove to you that I could be better. I can't believe I can be so stupid" Jake held my left hand and squeezed it affectionately.
"This has taught me that because you've been in Christ so long does not make you matured in Christ, I did things a new believer will not even do. You've matured so much Jake, you were calm all through. Thank you for standing by me"
"Gracie, if I don't stand by you, who will? No one else will be able to cope with your crazy moments." Jake teased.
I bumped his shoulder with mine and I smiled genuinely which has really been a long time I did that.
"I missed you tho" Jake said.
"Of course, why wouldn't you miss me? I'm the best out there" I said teasingly.
Jake looked into my eyes with a strange emotion but he quickly looked away.
"Alright, what do you want to do now?" Jake asked me.
"What should I do?"
"You need to pray and thoroughly search yourself and I'm sure God will say something. And I will be with you every step of the way" Jake assured me.
I smiled.
Jake and I prayed together before we went home.
We both got scolded by our parents, apparently they called us but we did not pick the calls.
I slept peacefully that night.
I'm starting afresh.
Penshalom

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 4:55pm On Apr 15, 2019
Episode 8
"WHAT ARE YOU doing Grace?" I asked her in my mind as if she could hear me. She broke our eye contact and took a seat far from me.
We began the rehearsals and unfortunately for her I'm the one teaching the song so she just had to follow orders and I made sure I gave her a lot.
After the rehearsals, I waited outside where I know Gracie would surely pass. "Hello there" I said as she stepped out blocking her path.
"What do you want?" Gracie asked me.
"That seems to be the way you greet me these days." I looked straight into her eyes and I saw guilt, she looked down immediately, I smiled, Gracie is coming back.
"So you joined the choir" I said.
"Yes I joined the choir" She said.
"So you've prayed about it?"
She shrugged.
"Okay. I hope you know what you are doing." I left her standing there but I glanced back just to make sure she's alright.

IT'S BEEN TWO WEEKS since I joined the choir and I'm leading the worship section today. I've never been more nervous in my life.
I climbed the podium, grabbed the mic with my shaky hands.
I gathered myself together.
"Hallelujah"
"Amen" The church chorused.
"Begin to wave your hands to Jesus"
As I began to sing, I felt something within me.
"This is not what I called you for" A voice said.
I started shaking on the stage, those words hit me.
All along I never felt I was meant to be here, I did not just fit in. I was forcing myself to be who I'm not.
This is not what I am made for.
I started crying but I kept on singing trying to keep my voice from shaking. The congregation probably thought I'm in the spirit.
I opened my eyes and looked frantically around and my eyes caught his.
He knew something was wrong.
The tears started falling more and he understood what I wanted.
Jacob came to the podium, collected the mic and gave me an assuring look before continuing the song.
I walked out from the church, found a secluded place and bawled.

I WAS STILL thinking when I heard footsteps.
I stood up to check who it is I didn't want anyone to see me in my messed up state now. I sighed with relief when I saw It's Jacob.
"Hey" He was breathing hard and sweating a bit, guess he ran here.
"Service is over?"
"Yeah" He sat down and I did too.
"I'm sorry Jake" I said after a few minutes.
Jake just kept quiet.
"I'm so sorry for the way I acted, I was just angry at myself, I was embarrassed and I felt jealous too"
A few tears dropped.
"I let my emotions take a hold of my thinking and I acted irrationally."
"I joined the choir because I wanted to prove to you that I could be better. I can't believe I can be so stupid" Jake held my left hand and squeezed it affectionately.
"This has taught me that because you've been in Christ so long does not make you matured in Christ, I did things a new believer will not even do. You've matured so much Jake, you were calm all through. Thank you for standing by me"
"Gracie, if I don't stand by you, who will? No one else will be able to cope with your crazy moments." Jake teased.
I bumped his shoulder with mine and I smiled genuinely which has really been a long time I did that.
"I missed you tho" Jake said.
"Of course, why wouldn't you miss me? I'm the best out there" I said teasingly.
Jake looked into my eyes with a strange emotion but he quickly looked away.
"Alright, what do you want to do now?" Jake asked me.
"What should I do?"
"You need to pray and thoroughly search yourself and I'm sure God will say something. And I will be with you every step of the way" Jake assured me.
I smiled.
Jake and I prayed together before we went home.
We both got scolded by our parents, apparently they called us but we did not pick the calls.
I slept peacefully that night.
I'm starting afresh.
Penshalom

Re: Purpose by skubido(m): 8:27pm On Apr 15, 2019
I said it,, know that's not her purpose.

God is still talking.

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 9:11pm On Apr 15, 2019
skubido:
I said it,, know that's not her purpose.

God is still talking.

Tanks for the update
grin
Yeah, God will always talk.
Thanks for the comments smiley
Re: Purpose by skubido(m): 10:48pm On Apr 15, 2019
Penshalom:

grin
Yeah, God will always talk.

Naso ma Sista, he will always talk oooo.

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Ann2012(f): 11:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
Nice move Grace, you'll also get your purpose

Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Treasure17(m): 3:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
Thanks for the update.

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 4:47pm On Apr 16, 2019
Episode 9
MY PHONE RINGING woke me up. I was sleeping peacefully, which has been a while. I picked up the call not bothering to check the caller.
"Hello" I spoke into the phone yawning.
"Hey, get up"
I checked my phone. "Jake?"
"Yes?"
"What's up Jake, it's three minutes past 5am" I said checking the time on my drawer.
"Yeah, get up and let's pray" Jake said.
"But, but.."
"Come on, don't be lazy. Get up and let's pray"
"How we will pray together, you are not here."
"As long as we are one in spirit, we are together"
"Okay" I yawned again, stretching.
"Our main prayer is God showing you who He wants you to be"
"Alright Jake"
"Yeah. We are starting now" He dropped the call and I immediately went on my knees, thanking God first before going into the prayer properly.
I prayed for over an hour which really shocked me. I've never prayed that long.
Jake and I met up later in church to continue the prayer, he came to pick me up in the afternoon. We also fasted, he called me 7am and told me not to eat.
We continued praying and whenever I felt faint and discouraged, Jake was always there to help.
"Thank you Jake" I told him on one of those days.
"It's a pleasure Grace. You helped and it's my turn to do that too" He said with a his signature smile.
I made sure I attended all his programmes and never craved for what is not mine again.

"I'M STRESSED OUT Jake, I want to sleep" I said removing my shoes. I'm just returning from one of his programmes.
"I just got home. I'm the one who is supposed to be stressed out"
"Whatever Jake, good night"
"Alright, make sure you pray before you sleep."
"Alright, bye" I ended the call and reluctantly went to the shower to take a bath before I went to sleep but I prayed before I did.

I WOKE UP with a smile. I checked the time and it's 3am. I quickly picked my phone and called Jake. As soon as he picked I spoke the words I've been dying to say before he could say "Hello".
"I saw it Jake" I said excitedly.
"Really?" Jake said.
"Yes. I saw my purpose. I know who I am Jake" I said grinning.
"Wow. Finally. Congratulations darling."
"Thank you. I couldn't have done it without you. Thank you so much Jake" I said.
"It's a pleasure my dear."
"I'll see you later in the day, yeah?"
"Yeah. Definitely"
"Later Jake."
"Later Gracie"
I dropped the call and flopped on the bed with a big smile. I started singing, worshipping God, joy spreading within me.

JAKE GREETED ME with a smile as soon as he saw me and I did too practically jumping for joy.
I pulled away and smiled. "I'm so happy"
"I know" He said ruffling my hair.
I frowned at him, rearranging my hair.
"So what did you see?"
I grinned. "I saw myself talking to people in church on the pulpit. I'm a teacher of the word Jake."
"You love it?"
"I do. I totally do. I can't believe I never thought of it"
"It fit you. You really taught me the word of God during those times you were building me up"
"I sure did" I said.
"What's the next step?"
"I'm going to join the Bible Study unit in church and well, I'll grow from there."
"That's good" He gave me a thumbs up.

I'M HAPPY GRACE found her purpose, we both have a path now, we have a direction we want to take and we are working towards making God happy.
I won't deny it, I have strong feelings for Gracie and if I want to act on my emotions I would ask her now, I will shout it to the world that Grace is mine but I can't allow my emotions cloud my reasoning.
God gave us a choice in choosing our life partners but He actually is interested in it, so I'm going to pray genuinely and sincerely about it before taking any step.
Nevertheless, I will still text her.
"Good night Gracie."
I got a reply about twenty seconds later. "Good night, Jake"
I smiled and flopped on my bed thinking back to the days I actually listened to Grace and how my life has turned around.
Grace sure is something.
Penshalom

This is not the end, stay tuned for another character's story which will be posted soon.
I will post an episode of Grace and Jake's story so y'all can know what happened later.
Thank you for reading.
Don't forget to share with others.
Tell me, has this story been a blessing you?
Tell me, have you found your purpose?
Email: damilolaadenyi5@gmail.com

1 Like

Re: Purpose by izaray(f): 7:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
Wow..Really interesting

Well done dear

1 Like

Re: Purpose by DemiKOL(f): 7:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
wow!
wonderful story.
it has really been a blessing.
more grace and more ink to your pen.

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
izaray:
Wow..Really interesting

Well done dear
Thank you smiley
Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 8:17pm On Apr 16, 2019
DemiKOL:
wow!

wonderful story.

it has really been a blessing.

more grace and more ink to your pen.
I'm glad.
Amen smiley

1 Like

Re: Purpose by skubido(m): 9:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nice story, Issa blessing ooo,

Tanks a lot ma

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 5:48am On Apr 17, 2019
skubido:
Nice story, Issa blessing ooo,

Tanks a lot ma
smiley smiley
Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 1:55pm On Apr 22, 2019
Episode 10 (Naomi's Story).
I'M PRETTY MUCH what you can call ordinary, I'm a very shy person and I really blend with the crowd but that's okay, it doesn't really matter, I don't really care about people, I care more about God.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not antisocial or anything and I'm not a snub, I'm pleasant to everyone I meet but I'm just more focused on God and my purpose. I love singing, oh I can't explain how much I love worshipping God, it makes me feel so fulfilled. I guess you can say I found my purpose pretty early but I lost my way.
"I can't believe this Naomi" My Pastor said, disappointment evident in his eyes.
"You are one of the members I adore in church because of your seriousness with the things of God. How did you get yourself into this mess?" Pastor said.
Yes Naomi, how did you get yourself into this mess?
Carelessness.
I allowed my flesh win me over.
Even though I'm just a simple God loving girl, I had a crush on the most handsome boy in church, there were times I subtly stretch my neck just to get a glimpse of him and hope he would look at me too and he did, he actually did. It was supposed to be the best day of my life but it turned out to be the worst.

JACOB.
Anytime I heard that name, my heart would always beat fast, I think half of the girls in church secretly has a crush on him. I know Jacob is a player but I really did not care, I just wanted him and I got him.
This fateful Sunday, I just led the choir ministration and then took the worship section before taking my seat when I felt eyes on me.
I looked towards the direction and lo and behold it's Jake looking straight at me. My heartbeat skyrocketed a million times, I could not hold his stare so I looked away but I kept glancing at him and he did too, a smirk always plastered on his face.
I did not hear anything the Pastor said I just wanted service to be over.
Unfortunately, I had to wait till evening because we had a special service in church after the normal service.
Jacob came to me on my way home, it's a really quiet road.
I was answering him in monosyllables, I was so nervous and I know he knew he made me nervous.
Few minutes later, my back was already on the wall and Jacob came closer, his cologne clouding my senses.
I did not want to do it but I could not control myself, I wanted this, I've been craving this for so long.
"Flee from all appearance of evil" A voice spoke up.
I kept the still small voice at bay, this is not the time.
You see, God will always speak up when we want fall into sin but God will never force you to do anything.
When Jacob's lips met mine, I felt was on cloud nine, his lips are so soft and he tasted really sweet.
"Do you want to take this somewhere else?" Jacob said into my ear, his teeth grazed my ear, his voice sounded really sexy.
I whispered "Yes".
"Let's go to my house" I said catching my breath.
I walked really fast, Jacob was just walking casually his hands in his pocket.
As soon as we got home and locked the door, I jumped on him and well you know the rest of the story.
It happened in the living room right in my parents' house and as the devil will have it, my parents had travelled to visit my Grandparents the previous Friday and they were due to come back the following Monday, in the morning, I could not go because of the song I had to lead in church.
It was like the devil planned all this before.
Jacob left as soon as we were done.
"Good bye" He whispered in my ear.

TRUTH BE TOLD, I did not sleep that night, I kept thinking of Jacob, his breath, his hands on me, the words he whispered, his smell; so as soon as we were done with our family devotion, I texted Jacob.
"Hey Jacob. I enjoyed last night. Can we meet again?"
"Nah, I'll pass" He replied almost immediately.
That message broke my heart.
"Did I do something wrong?" I texted him again, it didn't deliver.
"Are you there?"
"Jacob"
Did he block me?
I quickly took my bath, dressed up and ran off to school.
I needed to talk to Jacob and he drove in just as soon as I got to the school compound so I waited for him by his car door.
Jake" I greeted him with a small wave when he got out of the car.
"Naomi" He waved back too, his eyes everywhere but me.
"Jake. I tried sending you messages after your reply but I think you blocked me or something" I said nervously playing with my ear.
"Listen Naomi, you are great and you are beautiful but this can never work. You and I, it's a No"
Those words, those words did something within me, it was like something was punching my heart.
"Why?" My lips quivered.
"So many reasons that I can't tell you, it's just better this way." He held my shoulders and looked into my eyes his face sad but it seems so fake. "It's not you, it's me. I'm so sorry Naomi"
I watched Jacob leave my eyes getting blurry with each step he took.
I felt used.
He played me.
I was just another conquest.
Just a fling.
Another girl he got.
It was like I just got my reasoning back.
I put my fist in my mouth to hide my scream.
The pain was real.
I sinned against God.
I voluntarily gave myself over to sin.
I let my emotions cloud my thinking.
Who would have thought that I, Naomi, a worshipper, will fall into the sin of fornication?
I remembered the scripture that says "Let he who thinks he stands, let him take heed lest he falls"
Penshalom

Happy Easter

Re: Purpose by skubido(m): 3:45pm On Apr 22, 2019
Hmmmm,

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Ann2012(f): 6:24pm On Apr 22, 2019
Thanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Purpose by izaray(f): 8:19pm On Apr 22, 2019
Weldone dear

1 Like

Re: Purpose by Penshalom(f): 9:38pm On Apr 24, 2019
Episode 11
I COULD NOT stay in school, I left for home immediately crying silently on the way. When I entered the living room, the whole scene played in my mind. I behaved like a wanton woman. I remember the way I jumped on Jacob when we got inside attacking him with my lips, touching him all over. My chest tightened as the memories flooded back, I ran upstairs and locked myself in my room. I hid in the corner of my room and screamed out the cry I've been hiding as I begged God for mercy.
My phone rang a few times but I did not pay any attention to it.
About an hour later, I heard a knock, followed by another and another.
"Honey, are you okay?" My Dad said trying to open the door.
I tried to calm myself down, I didn't want him to know I had been crying, I don't want him to know what happened, my parents will be disappointed.
"I'm fine Dad. I'm just down with a little fever" I said loud enough for him to hear, stifling the sobs.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes Dad"
"Okay, do you need anything?"
"No Dad, I just need a little rest."
"Okay" It took a minute before I heard his footsteps leaving.
I fell back to the bed hiding my face in the pillow and began another round of tears.
The following day, I actually got down with fever so I escaped going to school for a few days.

I SWIFTLY AVOIDED Jacob, choir practice, Pastor and everything related to God because I felt unworthy, to even attend church programmes became an issue for me but I had no choice, I cooked up lies to cover up my avoidance in choir practice but no lie can cover up for me not attending services.
The day I got the biggest shock of my life was when I saw Jacob get up the stage to sing.
I had to rub my face to make sure I saw well.
When he opened his mouth and sang..
"Bless the Lord oh my soul
Oh oh oh my soul.. "
Even I felt a change in the atmosphere when he sang, it was so intense. I looked around and saw most people were actually worshipping God in truth and in spirit.
I noticed Jacob had changed, he started attending church services more and he concentrated more in church but I never knew he could be used by God that way.
This brought fresh tears to my eyes, I reminisced back to when I used to worship God like this.
This time I realised that the word of God really is true, the first can actually be the last.

I LOST CONNECTION with God, I felt like a sheep without shepherd, I felt really empty, like there is a big vacuum that needed to be urgently filled but no matter how I tried I didn't know the way back home.
I was sad everyday, I was just alive but I had no life, nothing impressed me, nothing moved me. My parents became really worried but I could not bring myself to tell them, I just kept telling them "It is well". I got so mad at Jacob seeing him on stage doing what I used to do but deep down I knew I shared part of the blame.
When Jacob had just finished his powerful ministration and the service continued I felt a leading to go to him that he should pray for me. Believe me, I hesitated but the leading was strong so I summoned up courage, swallowed my pride and walked up to Jacob after the service.
I would do anything to get back my connection with God.
"Hi Jake" I waved shyly, he was with Grace.
"Naomi" Jacob whispered, shock evident in his eyes.
Grace excused us and it was just me and Jacob, talk about awkward moments.
Jacob was looking everywhere but me before he eventually took me to the far end of the church.
Jacob sincerely apologised to me and I accepted it, after all I am the careless one.
I told Jacob why I came to him, I cried and he shed a few tears too.
Jacob led me back to God that day and he told me what I should do, I have to tell the Pastor or the choir leader which I agreed.
I got home that day and called my parents, I told them everything.
My parents were both disappointed especially my Dad.
"I'm sorry I broke your faith in me" I said to them both.
I left both of them in the living room just to give them space to think.
Later in the night, they came around and hugged me. I felt tears trickle down my back but I told them.
From that day on, my life started brightening up again.
So, today, I'm with my Pastor with my Dad, confessing my sin.
"Despite the fact that I'm disappointed in you Naomi, I'm happy you found your way back to God. Many fell into sin and sunk deeper into it but you took charge of your life again. I'm glad" Pastor said.
"Nevertheless, rules are rules. You will be suspended from the choir."
I smiled weakly at the Pastor.
"Let's pray" We all held hands as Pastor prayed for me and my family.

I WAS SUSPENDED for a year and during those times I did not dwell in the past, I always looked forward to when I will be used by God again. During my waiting period, I grew myself up spiritually, I prayed more, fasted more, meditated on the word of God more and attended services more.
And today, I'm the one leading the worship to usher the Pastor on the altar.
"Great is thy faithfulness
Great is thy faithfulness
Morning by morning new mercies I see..." The church joined me and more importantly I felt the move of God.
"Thank you Jesus" I said in my heart.
Pastor smiled when he mounted the pulpit and patted me on my back.
"Welcome back Naomi." He whispered in my ears.
"It's good to be back" I replied.
Penshalom

Sorry for the late update

Another character's story will be up soon smiley

Re: Purpose by izaray(f): 10:46am On Apr 25, 2019
We thank God for his grace and mercies upon us

1 Like

Re: Purpose by skubido(m): 4:37pm On Apr 25, 2019
To God be the Glory.

Tanks for the update

1 Like

Re: Purpose by AbidemiTua: 8:34pm On Apr 25, 2019
Good work Penshalom. Thanks for the update
Following

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fidelity Bank International Creative Writing Workshop / Story: The Kalakala Khronikles / Book Summary - Why A Students Work For C Student And B For The Government

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.