Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,972 members, 7,817,865 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:30 PM

Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness (24220 Views)

Beauty Can Be Deceptive; Don't Be Deceived / Daddy Freeze: Don't Be Deceived By Hypocrisy Of Men! By Omooba77 / Don't Be Deceived, Sex Is Marriage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Toks2008(m): 8:41pm On Apr 06, 2019
DON'T BE DECEIVED,...EVERYONE HAS A WEAKNESS.

I have great passion for Jesus and i enjoy preaching about salvation to the world but nevertheless,as human,i have my area of weakness and i pray and strive everyday to get better with the help of the holy spirit.

The mistake many people make is that they jusxtapose the standard of righteousness with the lifestyle of their Pastors but the shocker is that no matter how anointed anybody can be, there is usually an area of weakness but the good news is that GOD is not looking for a perfect human but all he wants is a humble and willing heart.This is the only qualification GOD wants from us.

Now lets take a long look at the weaknesses of great men and women that were used by GOD....

Adam, the first man, was a blame shifter who couldn’t resist peer pressure. (Genesis 3:12)

Noah, the last righteous man on earth at the time, was a drunk who slept in the nude. (Genesis 9:20-21)

Abraham, the forefather of faith, let other men walk off with his wife on two different occasions. (Genesis 12 and 20)

Sarah, the most gorgeous woman by popular opinion, let her husband sleep with another woman and then hated her for it. (Genesis 16)

Lot, who lost his father early in life, had a serious problem with choosing the wrong company. (Genesis 18-20)

Job, supposedly a contemporary of Abraham and the epitome of faith, was a man of great fear.(Job 3:25)

Jacob, who out-wrestled God, was pretty much a pathological deceiver. (Genesis 25, 27, 30)

Rachel, who wrote the book on love at first sight, was a nomadic kleptomaniac. (Genesis 31:19)

Moses, the humblest man on the face of the earth (Numbers 12:13), had a very serious problem with his temper. (Exodus 2, 32:19; Numbers 20:11)

Aaron, who watched Jehovah triumph over Pharaoh, formed an abominable idol during an apparent episode of attention deficit disorder or perhaps colossal amnesia. (Exodus 32)

Elijah who GOD used powerfully was scared of one woman even shortly after slaying about 500 prophets of Baal.1 Kings 18,19.

Miriam, the songwriter, had sibling jealousy and a greed for power. (Numbers 12)

Samson was hard-headed and arrogant.

Eli, who ruled over Israel, was a hopelessly incapable father who lost his sons to immorality—and to an untimely death. (1 Samuel 2, 4)

Saul, the first and powerful king of Israel, was apparently a psychotic with manic bursts of anger, episodes of deep depression and traces of paranoia, too. He committed suicide. (1 Samuel 16, 18, 19, 31)

David, the friend of God, concealed his adultery with a murder. (2 Samuel 11)

Once called Simon, Peter was one of Jesus' disciples who would later on become one of the apostles of the early church. Peter wasn't always bold, but he was always impulsive and often acted before thinking.

Solomon, the wisest man in the world, was arguably the world’s greatest sex addict with 1,000 sexual partners. (1 Kings 11)

The prophets, even as they spoke for God, struggled with impurity, depression, unfaithful spouses and broken families.

*What is the point?*

Your weakness may be an uncomely behaviour or addiction of any kind but stop condemning yourself because of your weakness and don't feel comfy with it less you become a slave to it but never allow the devil condemn you.

Come to GOD the way you are and BE WILLING TO overcome your weakness with the help of the holy spirit.

This is what makes us true believers in Christ.

111 Likes 16 Shares

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Divinerace(m): 9:28pm On Apr 06, 2019
Toks2008:
DON'T BE DECEIVED,...EVERYONE HAS A WEAKNESS.

I have great passion for Jesus and i enjoy preaching about salvation to the world but nevertheless,as human,i have my area of weakness and i pray and strive everyday to get better by the help of the holy spirit.

The mistake many people make is that they jusxtapose the standard of righteousness with the lifestyle of Daddy G.O or their Pastors.

But the shocker is that no matter how anointed anybody can be, there is usually an area of weakness but the good news is that GOD is not looking for a perfect human but all he wants is a humble and willing heart.This is the only qualification GOD wants from us.

Now lets take a long look at the weaknesses of great men and women that were used by GOD....

Adam, the first man, was a blame shifter who couldn’t resist peer pressure. (Genesis 3:12)

Noah, the last righteous man on earth at the time, was a drunk who slept in the nude. (Genesis 9:20-21)

Abraham, the forefather of faith, let other men walk off with his wife on two different occasions. (Genesis 12 and 20)

Sarah, the most gorgeous woman by popular opinion, let her husband sleep with another woman and then hated her for it. (Genesis 16)

Lot, who lost his father early in life, had a serious problem with choosing the wrong company. (Genesis 18-20)

Job, supposedly a contemporary of Abraham and the epitome of faith, was a man of great fear.(Job 3:25)

Jacob, who out-wrestled God, was pretty much a pathological deceiver. (Genesis 25, 27, 30)

Rachel, who wrote the book on love at first sight, was a nomadic kleptomaniac. (Genesis 31:19)

Reuben, the pride and firstborn of Jacob, was a pervert who slept with his father’s concubine. (Genesis 35:21)

Moses, the humblest man on the face of the earth (Numbers 12:13), had a very serious problem with his temper. (Exodus 2, 32:19; Numbers 20:11)

Aaron, who watched Jehovah triumph over Pharaoh, formed an abominable idol during an apparent episode of attention deficit disorder or perhaps colossal amnesia. (Exodus 32)

Elijah who GOD used powerfully was scared of one woman even shortly after slaying about 500 prophets of Baal.1 Kings 18,19.

Miriam, the songwriter, had sibling jealousy and a greed for power. (Numbers 12)

Samson was hard-headed and arrogant.

Eli, who ruled over Israel, was a hopelessly incapable father who lost his sons to immorality—and to an untimely death. (1 Samuel 2, 4)

Saul, the first and powerful king of Israel, was apparently a psychotic with manic bursts of anger, episodes of deep depression and traces of paranoia, too. He committed suicide. (1 Samuel 16, 18, 19, 31)

David, the friend of God, concealed his adultery with a murder. (2 Samuel 11)

Once called Simon, Peter was one of Jesus' disciples who would later on become one of the apostles of the early church. Peter wasn't always bold, but he was always impulsive and often acted before thinking.

Solomon, the wisest man in the world, was arguably the world’s greatest sex addict with 1,000 sexual partners. (1 Kings 11)

The prophets, even as they spoke for God, struggled with impurity, depression, unfaithful spouses and broken families.

*What is the point?*

Stop condemning yourself because of your weakness and don't feel comfy with it less you become a slave to it but never allow the devil condemn you but come to GOD the way you are and BE WILLING TO overcome your weakness with the help of the holy spirit.

This is what makes us true believers in Christ.
mastubation-your-weakness? cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Toks2008(m): 9:36pm On Apr 06, 2019
Divinerace:
mastubation-your-weakness? cheesy

Whatever it may be. God will never ever give up on you so don't give up on Yourself.

John 6:37
All those the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away.

37 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by carterguccy(m): 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
N
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 07, 2019
Yeah! You're right.

One of my greatest Weakness is to know what Jesus Christ was doing for 18years after he disappeared at age 12 and then reappear by age 30 according to Biblical records.

What was Jesus doing for 18years? Was He chilling out with friends or what? I need to know.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Bossontop(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
undecided
I dey wait for Summary ooo......

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by NotBeenPaid: 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2019

A man's primary weakness is a woman. tongue

7 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Richdad50(m): 6:38pm On Apr 07, 2019
shocked

Some folk will make heaven if only they stop coming on Nairaland. That is a weakness.

Richdad

17 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
who doesn't know this?

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:39pm On Apr 07, 2019
Am i the only one that didn't read this

6 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by littlewonders: 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
Didn't read that
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by UyaiIncomparabl(f): 6:40pm On Apr 07, 2019
And this is news? Ok sha. We have heard!
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Kimberlykay(f): 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
True talk...

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by SimplePlan34: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ogbeni
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by jesseomedia: 6:41pm On Apr 07, 2019
If anyone has a car they want to put on Taxify please call this no:09039071648
Monthly delivery:N100,000
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
I love this.

2 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Chiefqueenn(f): 6:42pm On Apr 07, 2019
I don't have a weakness tongue
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by PhenomenalMorgan(m): 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
NotBeenPaid:

A man's primary weakness is a woman. tongue

Not always true!!

4 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nwaada: 6:43pm On Apr 07, 2019
Yes @Toks, I started dealing my mine today.
Thanks for sharing.

6 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by techTidot: 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
.even you the op has a major weakness
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by BEANSANDBREAD00(m): 6:44pm On Apr 07, 2019
Another long epistle
Still waiting for the summary

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:45pm On Apr 07, 2019
Isssa Toks2008 thread cool

1 Like

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
nasyrral:
Am i the only one that didn't read this
Yes, because Buhari's curse on you is still alive. Lazy Yoot!

3 Likes

Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Adem01: 6:48pm On Apr 07, 2019
Dear All,
Primera Credit gives QuickCash from 100k up to N3m in 24hours. Flexible pay back conditions, no collateral, no guarantor, basically for salary earners within Lagos Simply call 09078396565for more info.
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by reyscrub(m): 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
Are kidding ne
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Truthbites: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
Some weaknesses are bad sha
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Nobody: 6:51pm On Apr 07, 2019
Ok
Re: Don't Be Deceived, Everyone Has A Weakness by Praisesongz: 6:53pm On Apr 07, 2019
So nobody to summarize

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Signs A Person Loves Money Too Much / Why Are The Dead Taken To Church For Prayers; Does God Forgive Sins After Death? / Catholic Bishops Reject Father Mbaka’s Apology To Peter Obi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.