Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,086 members, 7,818,258 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:20 AM

Paralysis And Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Paralysis And Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment. (1242 Views)

Paralysis, Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment / Solution To Paralysis And Lameness In Broiler Chicken / Paralysis, Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Paralysis And Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment. by bnet1010(m): 3:36pm On Apr 07, 2019
Paralysis or lameness in broiler chicken is one of the top welfare crises faced by many broiler farmers despite improvements in genetics, health, and nutrition associated with broiler farming over the years.

My chickens can’t walk, they are lying flat, can’t reach their feed, their legs are twisted. These are common phrase or comments you often hear from broiler farmers from time to time.

This condition can be very annoying and frustrating especially if you can’t figure out exactly what is responsible for the paralysis or lameness in your flock.

Many chickens still end up with paralysis or lameness, while some are just partially paralyze.

This condition should never be underestimated by any serious poultry farmer (especially those engage in broiler farming business) once you treat it with levity you are risking the welfare and health of your chicken as well as the product quality and profitability in the long run.

Paralysis and lameness is not uncommon among poultry farmers especially broiler farmers, a lots of factors are responsible.

source: http://bnetlens.com.ng/paralysis-lameness-broiler-chickens-causes-prevention-treatment/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Paralysis And Lameness In Broiler Chickens, Causes, Prevention And Treatment. by amosfidoro(m): 12:46pm On Oct 16, 2019
Good afternoon ma. Please kindly help me with needed info. My broilers of 6 weeks are finding difficult to walk . Most of them could hardly walk to eat from the feeder. What is the cause of the deficiency?

(1) (Reply)

Lists Of Farming Seminar And Workshop 2015 / My Small Grernhouse / CASSAVA Starch Procurement

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.