Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,485 members, 7,819,760 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

The Goblin Diary - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Goblin Diary (479 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Goblin Diary by KingGoblin: 1:02am On Apr 08, 2019
Greetings.

I've created this thread with the sole purpose of sharing my favourite scary stories daily

Follow if you like what to see and don't be afraid to post your own scary stories too.

Welcome to the Goblin Diary

KING
Re: The Goblin Diary by KingGoblin: 1:20am On Apr 08, 2019
She wants to date the blind

I came across her on tinder. She is a stunner. Long black locks of hair, eyes which look straight into one's soul, captivating smile and what not. But she wants to only date a blind person. Perhaps she's blind too. But doesn't seem so. She seems to really look at you and I'm totally mesmerized. I'm changing my bio and swiping right. If she's blind she won't know that I'm not.

I'm going to meet her now. We're meeting in the park. Her friend lead me to her. There she is. Seating by the lonely oak tree. She's there seating wearing sunglasses, her hair moves with the breeze, it's like it has life of its own. She looks like a picture from a dream. I approached her. She smiles and removes her sunglasses, and....

KING
Re: The Goblin Diary by KingGoblin: 2:09am On Apr 08, 2019
"It's a bit odd, don't you think?" I asked.

He gave a nod, his pale skin contrasting with his piercing dark eyes and black hair.

"I'd say the same thing, in your position. But I've been killing for, well, forever. I have to occupy my time in some way." He stated.

"But to kill for conversation? I mean, isn't there a way for you to talk to people without ending their life? I mean, we're talking. Why kill them?" I managed to ask.

He sighed at that, giving a shrug.

"We're only talking because you're dead."

My hearing seemed to fade for a moment at his words. I scoffed and attempted to focus on the world around us, but my eyes couldn't focus and everything became a blur.

"B-but how? When?" I demanded.

"Do you remember us meeting? Or did we just start chatting?" He asked.

I shook my head and tried to think.

"But, why?"

He gave one last shrug as the world around us began to fade with a blinding white light.

"Well, who else am I going to talk to? The living can't hear me."

Then everything went black.

KING
Re: The Goblin Diary by KingGoblin: 10:46am On Apr 10, 2019
Little Girls In Winter

A month. Sister Mary had been gone for a month and now the snow had come and the pantries were empty.

Jocelyn was the oldest and so she made it her duty to maintain some sense of order at the orphanage. She made them all dress and eat and read and play nice and go to bed at the right time. She imitated Sister Mary as best she could, but it was only an imitation. And it was starting to come undone.

“Where’s Mary?” asked Samantha.

“She’s not coming back, is she?” said Lucia.

The others cried and shivered. Jocelyn went out to gather more wood, but also to look down the road. She wanted to see if someone was coming. But as she looked, she started walking. Before she knew it she’d gone a hundred yards, maybe more.

Her body wanted to run. It was miles to town. Maybe she could have made it, maybe not, but the rest of them couldn’t. She could save herself. That’s all she could do.

Is that what Sister Mary had done?

“Jocelyn!” Samantha stood in the doorway. She looked so small. So helpless. Jocelyn ran back.

“Don’t go so far,” said Samantha. “We were afraid you’d left, too.”

“I wouldn’t,” said Jocelyn. “I won’t.” She meant it.

That night there was no food, but they played matching games and sang songs. No one complained about their empty belly. Jocelyn slept fitfully. She saw visions of all the little girls, frozen in the snow.

The next morning, Jocelyn woke up to find her arms and legs bound in thick cords of rope. Samantha and Lucia and the rest all hovered over the bed, peering down at her.

“You can’t leave us,” said Samantha.

“You just can’t,” said Lucia. “Not like the Sister.”

Of course, Jocelyn said she wouldn’t. It didn’t matter that she meant it.

“It’s alright if we die here,” said Samantha, putting a small hand on Jocelyn’s cheek. “But not alone. We don’t want to be alone.”

Little Renata came forward, holding out the old, rusted hand saw. “So you don’t run away,” said Samantha, without a trace of malice or cruelty.

Over rattling screams, the little girls sawed off Jocelyn’s feet, one after another. “There,” said Samantha, proud, panting, soaked in blood. “This way, we’ll all stay…”

At the other end of the house, the door opened and a familiar voice rang out. “Girls! I’m home.”

“Sister Mary!” they cried, dashing from the room, some slipping and tumbling in the fresh blood. “We missed you! Did you bring food? Did you bring presents?”

On the bed, pale and cold, Jocelyn could only hear traces of the happy reunion. Numbness seeped in, settling deep in her flesh and her bones. But with the last of her strength she smiled, sighing.

She’d only been an imitation, after all.

KING
Re: The Goblin Diary by KingGoblin: 1:45am On Apr 11, 2019
A Moment Of Hesitation

That’s all it takes. That’s all they need. People who have recently been infected still retain some of their humanity. You see it takes a while for the virus to take complete hold. It takes hold of your body very quickly.

But the mind is a tricky thing. It takes the virus a bit longer to get control of that. So someone infected could be trying to tear your throat out while sobbing and pleading with you not to kill them.

You cannot hesitate. Not for a second.

I did. And here I am in this empty warehouse with a bite wound in my neck.

I’m writing this note before the virus takes control of my body.

Hopefully, you’ll find this note before I find you.

You better not hesitate.

KING

(1) (Reply)

My Clients Are Always Happy I Deliver Quality Articles On Time (screenshots) / Player’s Fantasy - Episode 1 (love Story) / Story Titled : Fantasy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.