Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,126 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:44 AM

Importance Of Good Manners - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Importance Of Good Manners (4451 Views)

Good Manners In Islam / Directory Of Good Islamic Schools In Nigeria / The Importance Of Ayatul Kursiy And How It Saves A Girl. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 6:00pm On Sep 12, 2010
Assalamualikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu,

I think we need to start a thread regarding good manners. I dont have that quality, i am trying to reach that point. Actually these days we can find very few people who have good manners and is liked by everyone. May Allah include us in the group of people having good manners. Ameen.

Abu Darda (RA) reported that Rasulullah (SAW) said,
“Nothing is weightier on the Scale of Deeds than one’s good manners.”

(Al-Bukhari)

Abu Hurairah (RA) said, “I heard Abu al Qasim say that Rasulullah (SAW), said,
‘The best among you in Islam are those with the best manners, so long as they develop a sense of understanding.'

(Al-Bukhari)

Anas (RA) said,
“I served Rasulullah (SAW) for ten years. During that time, he never once said to me as much as ‘Oof’ if I did something wrong. He never asked me, if I had failed to do something, ‘Why did you not do it?,’ and he never said to me, if I had done something wrong, ‘Why did you do it?”

(Al-Bukhari)

Abu Hurairah (RA) said that Rasulullah (SAW) said,
“If one has good manners, one may attain the same level of merit as those who spend their nights in prayer.”

(Al-Bukhari)

Abu Hurairah reported that Rasulullah (SAW) said,
“And what is most likely to send people to Paradise? Being conscious of Allah and good manners.”

(Al-Bukhari)

Rasulullah (SAW) said,
“He who does not show mercy to our young or show esteem for our elders is not one of us.”

(Al-Bukhari)
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 6:05pm On Sep 12, 2010
Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #329
,  Ibn 'Abbas said,
"If you wish to mention the faults of your friend, mention your own faults first."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #330
,  Ibn 'Abbas said on the following verse of the Qur'an, "
Nor defame one another" (49:11), "Do not spend your time finding fault with one another."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #545

Jubayr ibn Nufayr reported that Mu'adh ibn Jabal said,
"If you love someone, do not quarrel with him and do not annoy him. Do not ask others about him, for the one you ask might be his enemy and thus tell you things about him that are not true and thus break you apart."
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by zayhal(f): 6:57pm On Sep 12, 2010
If we know the rights of others on us, it'll go a long way in enhancing good manners.
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 1:40am On Sep 13, 2010
Hadith - Sahih Bukhari, Muslim, Nasa'i, Abu Dawud, Ibn Majah, and Tabarani
Abu Huraira, r.a., reported that the Prophet (saw), said,
",  Having a sense of shame is one branch of faith."

Hadith - Bukhari's Book of Manners #420, Abu Dawud, Tirmidhi, Hakim, and Tahawi

Abu Huraira, r.a., reported that the Prophet of Allah, upon him be peace, said,
"A believer is frank and decent, whereas a wrongdoer is deceitful and blameworthy."
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by deols(f): 11:46am On Sep 13, 2010
ds is a gd thread. I pray Allah helps us learn a lot from it
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 8:10am On Sep 16, 2010
On the authority of Abu Hurayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Messenger of Allah (peace be upon him) said: Allah will say on the Day of Resurrection:
Where are those who love one another through My glory? Today I shall give them shade in My shade, it being a day when there is no shade but My shade.

It was related by al-Bukhari (also by Malik).
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by Almuhandis: 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2010
Abulbanaat needs your help here

.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-506001.128.html#msg6770228

.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-445327.672.html#msg6770033
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 5:48pm On Dec 13, 2010
Malik related to me that 'Isa ibn Maryam used to say,
[center]"Do not speak much without mentioning Allah because you will harden your hearts.
A hard heart is far from Allah, but you do not know.
Do not look at the wrong actions of people as if you were lords.
Look to your wrong actions as if you were slaves.
  Some people are afflicted by wrong action and some people are protected from it.
Be merciful to the people of affliction and praise Allah for His protection."
[Muslim][/center]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 6:11pm On Dec 13, 2010
Yahya related to me from Malik from Suhayl ibn Abi Salih from his father from Abu Hurayra that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said,
"The doors of the Garden are opened on Monday and Thursday. Every Muslim slave who does not associate anything with Allah Is forgiven
EXCEPT for those between whom there is enmity. It is said, 'Leave these two until they have made a reconciliation. Leave these two until they have made a reconciliation.' "

[Muslim]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 1:45am On Dec 16, 2010
'Ali ibn Abi Talib said,
"The person who says something indecent and the person who makes it known are equal as far as the wrong action is concerned."

[Al-Adab al-Mufrad Al-Bukhari]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 1:55am On Dec 19, 2010
Kind words and forgiving of faults are better than charity followed by injury. And Allah is Rich (Free of all wants) and He is most Forbearing.” ❂

❋ Quran – 2:263 ❋
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 6:22am On Dec 21, 2010
“Anyone who[b] criticises[/b] you cares about your friendship, Anyone who makes light of your faults cares[b] nothing [/b]about you, ”
Ibn Hazm
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:42am On Dec 23, 2010
Yahya related to me from Malik that Yahya ibn Said said, "I have heard that by his good character a man can reach the degree of the one who stands in prayer at night and the one who is thirsty from fasting in the heat of the day."
-Muwatta
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:17pm On Dec 25, 2010
'Abdullah b. Umar (Radhi-Allahu 'anhu) reported: The Messenger of Allah (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) as saying:
The finest act of goodness is that a person should treat kindly the loved ones of his father.

[Muslim Book 32, Hadith 6193]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by LagosShia: 5:43pm On Dec 25, 2010
DUA MAKAREMUL-AKHLAQ (SUPPLICATION FOR MORAL CHARACTER)

This dua was taught by the fourth Imam from the Ahlul-Bayt,Imam Ali Ibn al-Hussain (the great grandson of the Prophet Muhammad s.a.).he is also known as Imam as-Sajjad and Imam Zainul-Abideen.the dua is recorded in the book of duas taught by the Imam.the book is called "Sahifatus-Sajjadiyya".you can find translation and transliteration of the dua below and so many other duas in the same site below from the Imams of the Ahlul-Bayt (as).

http://www.duas.org/sajjadiya/s20.htm
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by Nobody: 11:13pm On Dec 26, 2010
Gbam! grin
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:28am On Dec 28, 2010
'Abdullah ibn al-Khatami reported that the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, said, "Every act of kindness is sadaqa."
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by ishow2005(m): 11:30pm On Dec 30, 2010
i think we can attain good manners by being patient, finding fault in ourselves when we and some one else quarrel on an issue, have mercy on human beings, fear ur lord etc. i think it has been working for me for some time now.
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 5:15am On Dec 31, 2010
Yes you are right. Subhanallah.
May Allah include us in the group of people with good manners.
Ameen.

Assalamu alaikum warahmatullahi wabarakatuhu.
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 3:52pm On Jan 01, 2011
Indeed anger is from the Shaytaan, and indeed Shaytaan was created
from fire, and indeed fire is put out with water. So if any of you were to
become angry, perform ablution (wudhu).

- Narrated by Abu Waa-il
(reported in Abu Dawud)
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 3:28am On Jan 02, 2011
It is reported that, The Prophet (PBUH) said: "Do not show joy at the misfortune of your brother, lest Allah have mercy on him and afflict you with misfortune." (Tirmidhi)
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 3:03am On Jan 04, 2011
It is reported that, The Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said:
“The believer is not given to cursing, slandering or obscene and foul speech.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 3948; al-Tirmidhi, 1977)
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:20am On Jan 07, 2011
'Iyad ibn Himar said,
"I said, 'Messenger of Allah, there is someone who reviles(criticize and insult) me.'
The Prophet(Saw) said, 'Those who revile one another are two shaytans who accuse one another and deny one another.'"
[No.427 Al-Adab al-Mufrad Al-Bukhari by Imam Bukhari]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 3:24am On Jan 10, 2011
Abu Hurayra said, "One of you looks at the speck of dust in his brother's eye while forgetting the stump in his own eye."
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:22am On Jan 15, 2011
Love your beloved moderately, [/b]perhaps he becomes hated to you someday. And [b]hate whom you hate moderately, perhaps he becomes your beloved someday.”
--[ At-Tirmidhi]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 6:33am On Jan 20, 2011
Abû Sa`îd al-Khudrî relates that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said:
“When a human being gets up in the morning, his limbs scold his tongue, saying:
fear Allah with respect to us, for if you are upright then we will be upright, and if you are corrupt then we will be corrupt.”

[Sunan al-Tirmidhî]
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by misterh(m): 3:36pm On Jan 20, 2011
May ALLAH make good deeds easy for us to practise. This is a good thread.
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 4:50pm On Jan 27, 2011
misterh:

May ALLAH make good deeds easy for us to practise.

Ameen.
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 4:52pm On Jan 27, 2011
"Good deed does not make up for bad manners, while good manners might compensate for bad deeds."
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 9:07am On Feb 12, 2011
It is reported that, Prophet Muhammad (SAW) said:
“I guarantee a house in Jannah (Paradise) for one who gives up arguing, even if he is in the right; and
I guarantee a house in the middle [/b]of Jannah for one who [b]abandons lying even for the sake of fun; and
I guarantee a house in the highest part of Jannah for one who has good manners

[ reported by Imam Abu Dawud]

I feel like posting this hadith again and again. The above mentioned 3 characters seems easy to achieve but in reality it is quite rare among us.
May Allah include us in the group of people with Good manners.
Ameen.
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:29am On Feb 21, 2011
The Prophet Muhammad (salAllahu alayhi wa sallam) said:
"Make things simple and do not complicate them. Calm people and do not drive them away."

(Bukhari- Book of Manners)
Re: Importance Of Good Manners by azharuddin: 2:16am On Mar 11, 2011
Sayyidina Abu Huraira (RA) reported that Allah’s Messenger (SAW) said,
“A believer has six rights over a Believer (They are)
He visits him when he is sick,
He attends his final rites when he dies.
He accepts his invitation when he invites him.
He offers him salaam when they meet.
When he sneezes and says alhamdulilah, he says yarhamak-Allah.
He wishes him well both in his presence and in his absence.”

[Nisai 1934]

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Merits Of Dhikr / Solat Subhi And Personal Effectiveness. / Christmas In The Islamic Republic Of Iran and in Iraq

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.