Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,176 members, 7,845,868 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Nhis Dishonours Remitta Proof Of Payment - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Nhis Dishonours Remitta Proof Of Payment (405 Views)

Gamblers Calls Out Betting Company For Refusal Of Payment (video) / 2 Lovers Arrested For Hacking Into NHIS Account, N60m Theft (photo) / Armed Man Arrested After Walking Into NHIS Office In Abuja With Pistol. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nhis Dishonours Remitta Proof Of Payment by micomails(m): 7:37am On Apr 09, 2019
I paid for addition of dependents for two different NHIS enrollees using the remitta platform and was issued remitta reciepts for their separate payments. On getting to NHIS office Yola, the staff there refused to honour the reciepts, rather they generated another remitta RRR code for the same payment before they could be honoured. The staff at Yola said that there has been a change in policy where by the enrollee can no longer generate an RRR on his own and present proof of payment afterwards. They insisted that the NHIS staff is solely responsible for RRR generation.
This calls for a few questions;
1. What will happen to the money already paid into the government account through remitta?
2. One of the aims of remitta as a payment platform is to automate government revenue payments inline with the cashless policy of the CBN, so why will NHIS insist on generating and issuing RRR so that an enrollee will have to go to the banking hall with cash before payments can be made which negates the principle of cashless policy?
3. Remitta also tries to minimize human intervention in payment process which curbs corrupt practices, so why would the NHIS now have a policy that ensures that payment can only be done after visiting NHIS office?

I will like the NHIS authority to look into this issue and possibly reverse the policy to enable enrollees make payment without having to come to NHIS office.
However, if it happens that the policy cannot be reversed, then the payment window for addition of dependent should be removed from Remitta so that the general public will not fall victim to this same cricumstance.

lalasticlala mynd44 and other mods, please push this to the appropriate section.
Thanks
Re: Nhis Dishonours Remitta Proof Of Payment by Gratefulaheart: 11:56pm On Apr 10, 2021
micomails:
I paid for addition of dependents for two different NHIS enrollees using the remitta platform and was issued remitta reciepts for their separate payments. On getting to NHIS office Yola, the staff there refused to honour the reciepts, rather they generated another remitta RRR code for the same payment before they could be honoured. The staff at Yola said that there has been a change in policy where by the enrollee can no longer generate an RRR on his own and present proof of payment afterwards. They insisted that the NHIS staff is solely responsible for RRR generation.
1. What will happen to the money already paid into the government account through remitta?
2. One of the aims of remitta as a payment platform is to automate government revenue payments inline with the cashless policy of the CBN, so why will NHIS insist on generating and issuing RRR so that an enrollee will have to go to the banking hall with cash before payments can be made which negates the principle of cashless policy?
3. Remitta also tries to minimize human intervention in payment process which curbs corrupt practices, so why would the NHIS now have a policy that ensures that payment can only be done after visiting NHIS office?

I will like the NHIS authority to look into this issue and possibly reverse the policy to enable enrollees make payment without having to come to NHIS office.
However, if it happens that the policy cannot be reversed, then the payment window for addition of dependent should be removed from Remitta so that the general public will not fall victim to this same cricumstance.

lalasticlala mynd44 and other mods, please push this to the appropr iate section.
Thanks

Hello, trust you are doing great. Can I DM you pls
Re: Nhis Dishonours Remitta Proof Of Payment by pennywys(m): 6:36am On Apr 11, 2021
OP you generated the remita wrongly, don't always try to do something on your own without contacting the right source.

The fact is that the money goes to federal government account but federal government won't know know where it comes from, e.g who is the depositor
Re: Nhis Dishonours Remitta Proof Of Payment by Gratefulaheart: 8:22pm On Apr 13, 2021
micomails:

lalasticlala mynd44 and other mods, please push this to the appropriate section.
Thanks

Pls can I have your email pls. I no longer have access to the email address I used in opening this account.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

PHOTOS: Man Edits Payment Screenshots To Play A Female Scammer / Do You Agree? Those Clamoring For The End Of Sars Are Criminals – Policeman / Addide Manager Forges NYSC Certificate, Defrauds Supermarket Of N7M

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.