Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,201 members, 7,818,670 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:31 PM

Hilarious Yet Annoying Things African Mothers Do! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Hilarious Yet Annoying Things African Mothers Do! (699 Views)

Single Mothers And Oranges / Daughter Of Many Mothers / THE MOTHER'S BITE. Little Mighty Things Our Mothers' Do! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Hilarious Yet Annoying Things African Mothers Do! by Sarahkay(f): 7:57am On Apr 09, 2019
Hello guys, how have you all been?, Missed me much?...sorry I've not been posting here regularly , I promise I'm back for real this time around. Infact, I'm so back that I'll be dropping two posts today, yeah, you read right. Well, moving on. Today, I'd be talking about the very funny yet very annoying things our African parents do, especially if you're a teenage girl (and by teenage girl, in Africa our parents see it as 13-the day you marry..lol)
So...we love our parents, so much, they're the best things that have ever happened to us and we simply adore them, but then again, we can't deny the fact that they are constantly getting on our nerves with the way they treat us. In this post, I'll be bringing to light some hilarious yet funny things they do.

1. Embarrass you if they can on social media
Alright, i put this first because it is simply hilarious yet annoying, seriously annoying. You post a picture on your social media handle(s) and your mother sees it and the next thing every member of your family is calling you and asking you to take it down, reasons?, They don't like the clothe or too many guys were commenting...really now??...but then that only happens when you have cool parents right?, This other set of parents would come right under your comment box and ask you to remove it. My friend recently told me about what her mother did one time on Facebook, came directly under her comment and posted "remove this picture now!"... hahahahahaha.. guys, I'm sure you can imagine the embarrassment and shame she felt.

2.forbid you from ever having visitors of the opposite sex
We love our parents for protecting us but anything can happen anywhere even if it's not in their homes. You have a friend over from school for assignments and the next thing you know, your mother or father is shouting down the roof. If you live in an African home, you should know it's not just normal for you to have a friend of the opposite sex over, and if you must, you have to give them at least one month notice with very good reasons. My friend in her bitter state still told me of an occasion where her brother's friend visited and while waiting, she had to keep him company In the sitting room, while at it, her mum came back and without even a chance to explain, received a hot slap and thousands of shouts. Even when the whole thing was clarified, trust me, she never got an apology.

3.Blame everything on the older child
For those of us who are last borns, this is our best hilarious moment. African parents for some reasons would always find a way to blame the older child for something done by his younger ones. It's fun to witness but when you're at the receiving end of the Blame, it's simply annoying. Few times in the past, I've seen my elder brother fighting back tears when he's been scolded for something he didn't do..lol..it's certainly not my fault.

4.They never apologize
Getting an African parents to admit to their fault is like trying to teach a fish how to live on land while as we all know, is impossible. African parents would wrong you, accuse you and beat you and would never apologize after everything have been cleared up. Have you ever been in a situation where you break a cup or a plate and the house is on fire and you're reminded just how careless you are?, but when your mother or father does it, they blame it on the devil or slippery floor, and in worst case, still blame you for keeping it carelessly?... OMG...
Click on
http://www.sarahkaysblog.com/2019/04/hilarious-yet-funny-things-african.html
To finish up!
Thanks for reading!

(1) (Reply)

Essay Contest: Past Experience With Landlord/agent / I And Boyfriend Did It Three Times Before We Were Caught / Phase(short Historical Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.