Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,602 members, 7,812,970 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 12:21 AM

Recent Spate Of Armed Robbery In Apata, Ibadan - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Recent Spate Of Armed Robbery In Apata, Ibadan (712 Views)

Army Flags Off ‘Exercise Sahel Sanity’ To Stop The Current Spate Of Banditry / Drug Baron And Leader Of Armed Robbery Gang Arrested By SARS Operatives. Photo / The Cars Used By Armed Robbers To Escape The Offa Bank Robbery In Kwara (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Recent Spate Of Armed Robbery In Apata, Ibadan by Lufthansa: 8:05am On Apr 09, 2019
I write to bring to the public notice[b][/b], the recent spate of armed robbery incidents in the Apata axis of Ibadan. Just days ago, a woman in the neighborhood was trailed in her vehicle to her gate by two armed men who came on bike and carted away her belongings at gunpoint.

Same fate in the hands of these men of the underworld befell my neighbors and I by 2 a.m. on January 24th when they came broke into our apartments, collected our handsets and other valuables. Infact, a neighbor narrowly escaped their bullet when he contested his door with them. Scars of the bullets are still there on the wall of the neighbor’s sitting room.

Afterwards, we filed statement at the Apata police post in Ibadan from where two female police personnel were delegated to follow us home to inspect the scene. They came home with us went round on inspection after which they were taken back to their post.

The height of this incidence was about a week after, when I returned to the police post to inform them I was able to track my phone to a phone repairer's shop; he repairs, flashes and unlocks phone. Perhaps, he was one of the robbers who came visiting on the said morning or he buys such proceeds from them, formats and resell or simply formats such proceeds of robbery for them. I had a print-out of the tracking with me when I went to give the tip-off. The print-out reflects the GPS coordinates, distance of the stolen phone from a particular bus stop and to which side of the road it is located. The required reconnaissance I had done and established the location to be the said phone repairer's shop. This time at the police post, I was made to understand they have their unique way of tracking stolen phones and if I will be interested in getting back my phone and possibly tracking down the robbers, I will have to pay N20,000 to get that done. Even when I know where my phone was! Immediately I was told that, I left the post for I do not understand the need to cough-out such amount of money to track a stolen phone when I could add few bucks to that to get a good new phone.

My questions are if this is how the Nigeria Police Force hopes to attain the secured Nigerian society we clamored?

Besides, why would these miscreants not continue in their nefarious acts when they are left to fester in these acts?
Re: Recent Spate Of Armed Robbery In Apata, Ibadan by Nobody: 8:20am On Apr 09, 2019
Their stupidity can't be overemphasized.
Thing is they also want to have a regular source of income.
Thus the obtaining by tricks,committing the very crime they are meant to curtail.

You sef. You see thief you dey wait for police. Na better trap you for set.
One fool broke into my car and stole my phone.
I no even shake
Find my phone sharply connect me. Did the recon myself. Dude had flashed the phone already and had given it to his girlfriend. One Sunday I just load guys wey dey vex for car start to track my phone. See massive beer parlor wey the guy dey. I just siddon order my brand,connect to find my phone and locked it. I no know who the person be but I just dey watch keenly. Na so I hear baby this phone don lock. The guy was like use code na,the girl replied it wasn't working. I no just waste time. I just pointed my goons to them and it was sweet all the way. After loading the guy 5gig mtn everywhere you go slap,he start to realise say na we be real owner. Bros abeg bros abeg. I don dey control popo already. I was mad as hell. He sha beg me say wetin I gain if he go jail beside wetin he go take pay police he fit reason me. Thought about it and was like... What the hell. Added a few more slaps and left with plenty cash. I no collect transfer make he no GI be say he TIFF am. Cash. Paid my guys and balled with the rest. Justice served.

4 Likes

Re: Recent Spate Of Armed Robbery In Apata, Ibadan by youngsahito(m): 8:30am On Apr 09, 2019
NPF should be scrapped totally
Re: Recent Spate Of Armed Robbery In Apata, Ibadan by supercase1(m): 7:52pm On Apr 19, 2020
Shibaraba:
Their stupidity can't be overemphasized.
Thing is they also want to have a regular source of income.
Thus the obtaining by tricks,committing the very crime they are meant to curtail.

You sef. You see thief you dey wait for police. Na better trap you for set.
One fool broke into my car and stole my phone.
I no even shake
Find my phone sharply connect me. Did the recon myself. Dude had flashed the phone already and had given it to his girlfriend. One Sunday I just load guys wey dey vex for car start to track my phone. See massive beer parlor wey the guy dey. I just siddon order my brand,connect to find my phone and locked it. I no know who the person be but I just dey watch keenly. Na so I hear baby this phone don lock. The guy was like use code na,the girl replied it wasn't working. I no just waste time. I just pointed my goons to them and it was sweet all the way. After loading the guy 5gig mtn everywhere you go slap,he start to realise say na we be real owner. Bros abeg bros abeg. I don dey control popo already. I was mad as hell. He sha beg me say wetin I gain if he go jail beside wetin he go take pay police he fit reason me. Thought about it and was like... What the hell. Added a few more slaps and left with plenty cash. I no collect transfer make he no GI be say he TIFF am. Cash. Paid my guys and balled with the rest. Justice served.
Nairaland Arnold swarzenger grin

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Missing Oyo Survey School Staff Found Dead, Husband Arrested (pic) / Heavy Gunmen Storm Girls’ School In Zamfara, Kidnap Teachers, Students / Bus Drivers Fight Dirty With Task Force Officers At New Benin Market (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.