Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,785 members, 7,851,658 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 03:57 AM

Why South Africa Keep Dominating Nigeria Market - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / Why South Africa Keep Dominating Nigeria Market (731 Views)

5 Reasons Why Millennials And Gen Zs Are Dominating Digital Investments / Why Does Elon Musk Son Of South Africa Never Invest In South Africa? / Good Infrastructure Will Unleash Nigeria's Market Potentials (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why South Africa Keep Dominating Nigeria Market by Kelvin30286063(m): 9:14am On Apr 09, 2019
Over the years, I have being a regular user of MTN sim, though I have only used 2 sim cards since I got a phone about 10 years ago and they are both MTN.
About a year ago, when South African started attacking Nigerians in their country, I got really mad and decided to distant myself from everything offered by South Africa in Nigeria.
I stopped using my mtn lines and bought a GLO sim, switched from DSTV to strong (though my wife thought I was taking it too far with that dstv thing grin)
But it didn't take long for me to realize why people use these things owned by South Africa companies.
I was traveling to Lagos one day, as soon as I drove into the highway, my network was gone. I wanted to call the person I had a meeting with, no luck!
I had to park and sharperly look for my MTN sim where I dumped it.
It's funny cuz GLO spend so much on commercials, they invest a lot into it yet they don't have a nationwide stable network.
How can you spend all this money hiring celebrities to do commercials for you then ignore the main reason why you're in business. What kind of misplaced priority is that!?

I know some people will argue that GLO network is okay in their areas but let me tell you, that's only in your area oo.

Many other people can't dare insert GLO sim into their phones.
Talk of dstv too, when are we going to have an indigenous TV services that can boldly compete with dstv? It's baffling that we have so many rich people in this country and they don't even think of these things.

If only great minds are blessed as much as 'others'

(1) (Reply)

Call For BLCO Naira Deal @65/4 / Make $20 On Easter Monday 100% / Top Cargo & Logistics php Script

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.