Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,426 members, 7,864,869 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:27 AM

Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos (22324 Views)

Train Crushes Army Sergeant Jidean Samson On Motorcycle In Lagos / Train Crushes BRT Bus In Ikeja, Lagos / Train Crushes Man To Death In Ikeja (Graphic Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by dazzlingd(m): 2:12pm On Apr 09, 2019
Life could be so harsh,

Farewell begger, may you be famous in your next life
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by winsh: 2:24pm On Apr 09, 2019
Its only in Nigeria that tey can think of putting baricades near railway. By the wa they will destroy it in 24 hours even if they did, a lot of Nigerians are ignorant
opribo:
Why not put barricade to deter people from trading or begging near the rail line.

Is it only in Nigeria we have rail lines.why do we not value human life.
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by yunzy(m): 2:50pm On Apr 09, 2019
Starboytwo:
I really want to know that song wey dey give this man joy in this pic

I wandaoo
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by wasuka14(m): 4:13pm On Apr 09, 2019
This is wrong story. The person is not crushed by the train and is not a begger. He is an Alhaji, and wealthy man. He wanted to Cross's d rail but discover train is approaching him fast and tried to jump off but eventually fell and hit his head, which resulted to death. May his soul rest in peace. I just returned from his family house this afternoon. He is been berried at oke suna Lagos island since yestd.
titiloyeblog:
news @ titiloyeblog.com

The Nigerian Railway Corporation (NRC) on Monday confirmed a passenger train crushed a beggar to death at Muslim area of Lagos.

Mr Jerry Oche, the Lagos District Manager (RDM) of the corporation, made confirmation while addressing newsmen on the incident in Lagos.

The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that an Ijoko to Iddo bound Mass Transit Train crushed a beggar to death near the Mushin railway station on Monday morning.

NAN reports that the unidentified beggar was one of the six beggars that sat in a row near the railway line at the Mushin Railway corridor.

Oche said life of every Nigerian was important to the corporation, advising people to endeavour to obey the order and signs attached to the rail lines.

According to him, it is against the law to sit or trade besides the railway line, either begging for alms or for any other reason.

Oche, however, warned traders, hawkers, beggars, and passersby to stay away from the rail lines across the state to avoid casualty.

“Anybody who has no business entering the train should not be on the rail corridor, because it is very dangerous.

“It’s like a suicide mission seeing a train approaching and you are still sitting down on the track,” he said. (NAN)

source: https://www.titiloyeblog.com/2019/04/train-crushes-beggar-to-death-in-lagos.html

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Hollumedeyyy: 5:17pm On Apr 09, 2019
Lolz
Starboytwo:
I really want to know that song wey dey give this man joy in this pic

Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by DavSagacity(m): 5:40pm On Apr 09, 2019
LuciferYaweh:
I was there.

The train driver told him, "Silver nor gold I do not have but what I have I give you." then he blared his horn and crushed him.

grin grin
Praise Yaweh.
It's obvious that you are NOT well at all.
Re: Train Crushes Beggar To Death In Lagos by Hollumedeyyy: 3:24pm On May 09, 2019

(1) (2) (Reply)

First Nation Airlines Suspends Operations / 35 Feared Killed As Bridge Collapses In Italy (Photos) / Yuletide: Return Tickets On South-east Routes Hit N533,600

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.