Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,129 members, 7,814,945 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:07 AM

FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday (14242 Views)

Super Falcons Arrive Nigeria After Being Knocked Out Of FIFA Women's World Cup / Nigeria Vs France: FIFA Women's World Cup (0 - 1) Full Time / Nigeria Vs South Korea: FIFA Women's World Cup (2 - 0) Full Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Trendme: 5:13am On Apr 10, 2019
Acting President of the NFF, Seyi Akinwunmi, the Chairman of the Nigeria Women Football League, Aisha Falode, some other NFF and sports ministry officials are expected at the venue.

The FIFA Women’s World Cup trophy is expected to arrive Nigeria on a tour on Thursday, Demola Olajire, Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) Director of Communication said on Tuesday in Abuja.

Olajire said in a statement: “The Federal Capital Territory, Abuja, is already agog in anticipation of the arrival of the FIFA Women’s World Cup trophy, which is expected on Nigerian soil on Thursday.

“The Women’s World Cup trophy’s stop-over is coming 13 months after the FIFA World Cup trophy (for men) also made a stop-over in Nigeria ahead of last year’s FIFA World Cup finals in Russia.”

He said the World football governing body, FIFA, had informed the NFF that former Nigeria international striker, Osaze Odemwingie, would arrive in the country on Wednesday.

Odemwingie is one of the FIFA Legends for this year’s World Cup finals in France.

“Three other FIFA officials are due in the country hours later.

“Nicole Fisch (lead for women’s football project), Sarai Bareman (chief women’s football officer) and Vanessa Marques (lead for marketing project) are the FIFA officials expected on Wednesday,’’ Olajire said.

The NFF director of communication said that Minister of Youth and Sports, Solomon Dalong, would receive the team on Thursday.

He said the FIFA team alongside ministry and NFF officials would move to Transcorp Hilton Hotel, Abuja, for the display of the trophy.

“At the Transcorp Hilton, there will be a video documentary on the evolution of women football in Nigeria,’’ he said.

According to him, Acting President of the NFF, Seyi Akinwunmi, the Chairman of the Nigeria Women Football League, Aisha Falode, some other NFF and sports ministry officials are expected at the venue.

“Some players of the Super Falcons, who returned from a two-match tour of Spain on Tuesday afternoon, will be there.

“Pupils from two schools within the Abuja metropolis as well as media representatives and other stakeholders will also be part of the event,’’ Olajire added.

The best 24 women national teams in the world will battle for the cup in nine cities in France between June 7 and July.

See Source

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Jamesmatic(m): 6:58am On Apr 10, 2019
My FTC since 5 years, buy I hope say men no go disarm sha.... cool

5 Likes

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by josephwilliamsd(m): 6:58am On Apr 10, 2019
H
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Ewedegubbler: 6:58am On Apr 10, 2019
Is it

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by OBTMOS(m): 7:03am On Apr 10, 2019
The design of the trophy is sweet unlike male World Cup trophy

1 Like

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by goodnessme1(f): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2019
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Lamasta(m): 7:06am On Apr 10, 2019
That's good we are waiting grin
Today is my birthday pls show some LOVE

33 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by EmekaBlue(m): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2019
nothing special...make e arrive and depart

1 Like

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by hemartins(m): 7:08am On Apr 10, 2019
Could it be the Real trophy?
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by sologetam21: 7:15am On Apr 10, 2019
naija women teams have been doing us proud over the years

1 Like

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by olayinka63: 7:16am On Apr 10, 2019
Sàràkí should just rally Boyz to do the needful.
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by BankyGee(m): 7:19am On Apr 10, 2019
In Martin Stein's voice: Astonishing! smiley
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by ambassadorabdul(m): 7:30am On Apr 10, 2019
I hope the super falcons win, and not this show off of a things
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by mimololu44: 7:35am On Apr 10, 2019
Can't wait
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Topmaike007(m): 7:42am On Apr 10, 2019
Our falcons are nothing to write home about,I hope we carry the cup Sha
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by joshjc(m): 7:49am On Apr 10, 2019
Topmaike007:
Our falcons are nothing to write home about,I hope we carry the cup Sha
which cup,where you have teams like US, Germany France, they are only good in Africa
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Topmaike007(m): 7:50am On Apr 10, 2019
joshjc:
which cup,where you have teams like US, Germany France, they are only good in Africa
miracle fit happen na
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by goat22: 7:52am On Apr 10, 2019
Lamasta:

Hot beans dey for ikotun market today? Na that strong strong one wey dey block nyash.
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by joshjc(m): 7:54am On Apr 10, 2019
Topmaike007:
miracle fit happen na
miracle can only happen if you work hard and be serious in whatever u do
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by alenwup(m): 8:01am On Apr 10, 2019
It is good. I will advise all people close to it touch it coz it there won't be another opportunity again
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by femi4: 8:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Not sexy, looked like interhouse sports trophy
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by oluwasegun007(m): 8:04am On Apr 10, 2019
Did. We win the trophy
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by kennypoka2(m): 8:34am On Apr 10, 2019
Lamasta:

How do I show some love? Should I send you money or what?
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Nobody: 8:51am On Apr 10, 2019
Omo Agege oya send your boys like how you did our mace.
Ganduje do it as usual cheesy

1 Like 1 Share

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by surevik(f): 9:26am On Apr 10, 2019
What happened to pinick?
Trendme:
Acting President of the NFF, Seyi Akinwunmi,

See Source

Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by Mizwisdom(f): 9:46am On Apr 10, 2019
Welcome FIFA women's world cup
Re: FIFA Women’s World Cup Trophy Set To Arrive Nigeria On Thursday by flemsy15(m): 9:51am On Apr 10, 2019
OBTMOS:
The design of the trophy is sweet unlike male World Cup trophy
Lolz, it resembles a music award, I fancy UCL trophy, when u see d size, u will understand d stress men went through on their way to victory

(1) (2) (Reply)

Victor Moses Happy With Eagles Return / Noni Madueke: NFF To Challenge England For PSV Starlet / Despite AWCON Victory, Falcons Slip In FIFA Ranking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.