Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,269 members, 7,818,925 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:16 AM

Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It (901 Views)

I Am Looking For 150k So Hard For Me to Get / Your Opportunity To GET RICH In 6 Months: Only Serious People Ready To Work Hard / Please I'm In Need Of A Job Urgently.. Times Are Hard For Me At The Moment. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by SamSara01: 8:08pm On Apr 11, 2019
It's almost 5 years that I created the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1882369/over-hyping-first-class-honours-nigeria

So many things have happened afterwards. I got a job with one of the Big 4 firms just about a month after this thread and the story changed.

And last year, I got another job with the same Big 4 firm in the US, so I relocated.

Needless to say how my life has significantly changed over the years and believe me I've lived every life I've ever dreamed of living while in school and even more.

I thought I should create this thread to encourage any one still struggling.

I was the boy whose calls my older siblings didn't want to take coz I was always calling for money while in school, but the table has turned now and they all call to complain that I don't call them.

Work hard, be Steadfast, I can categorically tell you that my hardwork brought me this far and a little bit of luck. Remember, the harder you work, the luckier you get. If I can make it through education, anybody can.

2 Likes

Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by Nobody: 8:19pm On Apr 11, 2019
E work for John bull no mean say e go work for Johnny.

There is a thing call luck or should I call it grace.. Everyone ain't the same.

The truth still remains as far as the population in Nigeria keeps increasing... The unemployment rate will keep growing.

Do you know how many tens of thousands of graduates that comes out from school yearly and ask yourself how many jobs do the federal, state and Local government provide plus the private sector provide per year.

You see supply is more than demand by far.

The only way to stand out is either being self employed or find a niche and be grounded in it... Don't forget to market yourself too.

Meanwhile

Do you need an android app for your business or website, then contact me I will build one for you at an afford price.

1 Like

Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by SamSara01: 10:19am On Apr 12, 2019
This thread wasn't created to discredit the power of entrepreneurship or any other profession to create wealth.

As a matter of fact, it was created to correct the growing wrong impression that education or good grades is no longer a pathway to being successful.

Yes, I totally agree that's it's more difficult now than ever to get jobs in Nigeria due to growing supply of graduates and small number of jobs.

However, this brings fore the part of carving a niche for yourself, have good grades, write relevant and recognizable professional exams.

Did I mention that I started and completed a foreign professional accounting exam in record time between the time I created the last thread and now. This was part of what qualified me for the job in the US.

Summarily, in whatever you do, strive to distinguish yourself, there is competition everywhere. Your hardwork and smart work will always give you an edge.

Peace

2 Likes

Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by Nobody: 6:58pm On Apr 12, 2019
SamSara01:
This thread wasn't created to discredit the power of entrepreneurship or any other profession to create wealth.

As a matter of fact, it was created to correct the growing wrong impression that education or good grades is no longer a pathway to being successful.

Yes, I totally agree that's it's more difficult now than ever to get jobs in Nigeria due to growing supply of graduates and small number of jobs.

However, this brings fore the part of carving a niche for yourself, have good grades, write relevant and recognizable professional exams.

Did I mention that I started and completed a foreign professional accounting exam in record time between the time I created the last thread and now. This was part of what qualified me for the job in the US.

Summarily, in whatever you do, strive to distinguish yourself, there is competition everywhere. Your hardwork and smart work will always give you an edge.

Peace

When you got the first big four job, did you come back and edit your post that says first class is over hyped or you left it there to mislead innocent ones and now you are back here?
Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by Blessing97(m): 8:21pm On Apr 12, 2019
Hipsofagoddess:

When you got the first big four job, did you come back and edit your post that says first class is over hyped or you left it there to mislead innocent ones and now you are back here?
Lmao!
Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by SamSara01: 8:56pm On Apr 20, 2019
Oh yes, I didn't come back then, but that's why I had to come back now. The post wasn't just for students, but whoever that is in the shoe I was then, and feels there isn't hope. Just know that you're closer to it than ever. Don't give up
Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by onlyhope: 2:16pm On Apr 22, 2019
Wow. This is amazing. Did you study accounting or commercial related courses in the university?

More so, I need connections o. I need a job bro.
Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by SamSara01: 2:43pm On May 23, 2019
If you read my previous thread, you'll see I have a first degree in finance, but I went on to become an ACCA holder.
Needless to say that I didn't get my current job through anyone.
Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by SamSara01: 7:46pm On Sep 01, 2020
Although this thread may be a little old, will be great if this could be moved to front page to give some motivation to students still in school
Re: Good Grade Still Matters, Work Hard For It by macnino399: 7:24am On Mar 10, 2021
SamSara01:
It's almost 5 years that I created the thread below:

https://www.nairaland.com/1882369/over-hyping-first-class-honours-nigeria

So many things have happened afterwards. I got a job with one of the Big 4 firms just about a month after this thread and the story changed.

And last year, I got another job with the same Big 4 firm in the US, so I relocated.

Needless to say how my life has significantly changed over the years and believe me I've lived every life I've ever dreamed of living while in school and even more.

I thought I should create this thread to encourage any one still struggling.

I was the boy whose calls my older siblings didn't want to take coz I was always calling for money while in school, but the table has turned now and they all call to complain that I don't call them.

Work hard, be Steadfast, I can categorically tell you that my hardwork brought me this far and a little bit of luck. Remember, the harder you work, the luckier you get. If I can make it through education, anybody can.
Nice one Sir. I'm currently in my final year with 2 semesters to go. My first semester exams starts next week, I'm currently on a 4.46 CGPA but sometimes I always have this "is it worth it" feeling, that's what always crashes my confidence to move further to attain a first class degree, seeing your post just gave me hope and rekindled my spirit.
I'd continue to push further and study to attain the best of degrees.
In due course I'd share my success story here. Thank you so much.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Customs Recruitment List / Secretary Needed Urgently. / Mass Recruitment At Beco Logistics Limited

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.