Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,091 members, 7,814,800 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland (1121 Views)

Why Is There So Much Tribalistic And Religious Hatred In Nairaland? / Nigeria and tribalism / Why Do Many Nigerians Have Tribal Hatred? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by singwa: 1:47pm On Apr 12, 2019
Hello, I don't know if it's just me or has anyone been noticing it?
The rate at which any topic that hits the front page is dragged into some sort of tribal war is really not healthy.
A whole lot of people, especially youths outsource so much of their opinion about different things and life generally, and the hatred that exists here on Nairaland is gradually shaping their thoughts and how they see people.
I love Nairaland and its annoying when I see such things.
Seun has to do something about this and quickly.
I personally feel the anonymity people enjoy on fora like this is responsible
And please, does anyone have any idea how and where I can report a public forum that encourages hate speech and tribalism?
Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 1:57pm On Apr 12, 2019
singwa:
Hello, I don't know if it's just me or has anyone been noticing it?
The rate at which any topic that hits the front page is dragged into some sort of tribal war is really not healthy.
A whole lot of people, especially youths outsource so much of their opinion about different things and life generally, and the hatred that exists here on Nairaland is gradually shaping their thoughts and how they see people.
I love Nairaland and its annoying when I see such things.
Seun has to do something about this and quickly.
I personally feel the anonymity people enjoy on fora like this is responsible
And please, does anyone have any idea how and where I can report a public forum that encourages hate speech and tribalism?

There are only two tribes in the country that are very shameless. Sometimes I wonder if members of these two tribes think they are smarter or sillier than all other tribes in this country.

There are over 100 tribes in this country, yet these shameless tribes do not allow us to have peace of mind. Sometimes I wonder if they realize that language is just a means of communication and in no way makes human specie different in terms of biological make up from the others.

I am forced to think that these two tribes birth the most timid humans of Nigeria, cos other tribes have never been so hateful like the two.

Igbos and Yorubas should be ashamed of what they have turned Nairaland to.

I am ashamed of them.

2 Likes

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by dangermouse(m): 2:02pm On Apr 12, 2019
the spate is really annoying and it's high time the modes but a stop to it. Thier actions and inactions tends to encourage this!
Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by dangermouse(m): 2:09pm On Apr 12, 2019
CosmoDroid:

There are only two tribes in the country that are very shameless. Sometimes I wonder if members of these two tribes think they are smarter or sillier than all other tribes in this country.

There are over 100 tribes in this country, yet these shameless tribes do not allow us to have peace of mind. Sometimes I wonder if they realize that language is just a means of communication and in no way makes human specie different in terms of biological make up from the others.

I am forced to think that these two tribes birth the most timid humans of Nigeria, cos other tribes have never been so hateful like the two.

Igbos and Yorubas should be ashamed of what they have turned Nairaland to.

I am ashamed of them.

in as much as I agree with you,but on a second thought,some other tribes hide behind certain monikers to cause disaffection and rancour between these two tribes and they readily play into there hands.
The powers that be does not want the two tribes to be united.

3 Likes

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by funmijoyb(f): 2:10pm On Apr 12, 2019
Ipods have been hating since the time of chinua achebe but Yoruba wud have been matured by not replying them.

Igbo have been like this before the Civil War, they started with Hausas but Hausas doesn't reply them.. Now that's the way we should treat them.
Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 2:13pm On Apr 12, 2019
dangermouse:

in as much as I agree with you,but on a second thought,some other tribes hide behind certain monikers to cause disaffection and rancour between these two tribes and they readily play into there hands.
The powers that be does not want the two tribes to be united.

It, therefore, means that these two tribes are fantastically lacking in confidence that other tribes can induce and seduce them into acrimony. I think all other tribes should constantly shame these two tribes each time they wash their smelly dirty linen outside on the internet instead of watching and 'shaking their head' in silence and mocking the stupidity of the tribalists from those two tribes.

Igbos and Yorubas should be ashamed of themselves for what they have turned this forum to.
Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by Oxb90: 2:14pm On Apr 12, 2019
I must confess to you that i hate those tribal comments more than any other person on nairaland. A topic is able to grace fp and these tribals will begin to type, afonja, flat head, Igbo, brown roof, waste land, yeast and all other unprintable names just for them to be heard. You have to blame the admin of this forum. They gave the rules yet they don't enforce it. Nigeria has laws yet no enforcement.
Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by singwa: 2:15pm On Apr 12, 2019
funmijoyb:
Ipods have been hating since the time of chinua achebe but Yoruba wud have been matured by not replying them.

Igbo have been like this before the Civil War, they started with Hausas but Hausas doesn't reply them.. Now that's the way we should treat them.

Madam, please we don't need this here.
This is an example of what we're talking about here.

1 Like

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by funmijoyb(f): 2:18pm On Apr 12, 2019
singwa:

Madam, please we don't need this here.
This is an example of what we're talking about here.
I have not broken any rules... Just telling my people not to reply tribalistic and haters... Is it too much?

1 Like

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by dangermouse(m): 2:19pm On Apr 12, 2019
CosmoDroid:

It, therefore, means that these two tribes are fantastically lacking in confidence that other tribes can induce and seduce them into acrimony. I think all other tribes should constantly shame these two tribes each time they wash their smelly dirty linen outside on the internet instead of watching and 'shaking their head' in silence and mocking the stupidity of the tribalists from those two tribes.

Igbos and Yorubas should be ashamed of themselves for what they have turned this forum to.

my dear I agree 100% with you.
And the modes should just come up with a lasting solution to curb this.
it's really a shame what they have turned this forum into.

1 Like

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by dangermouse(m): 2:26pm On Apr 12, 2019
funmijoyb:

one of the bigots spotted.
calling an entire tribe Igbos is not just right.
we should desist from all these name calling.

The mods should equally look into the age bracket of people subscribing to nairaland cos a lot of underaged and irresponsible teen-agers have overtaken the forum.

2 Likes

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by Nobody: 3:08pm On Apr 12, 2019
dangermouse:

my dear I agree 100% with you.
And the modes should just come up with a lasting solution to curb this.
it's really a shame what they have turned this forum into.

I think it is not enough to leave the issue to the Mods alone, because the modes are humans of these two tribes too.

I strongly suggest that people of other tribes outside these two shameless tribes should embarrass these tribalists from Igbo and Yorubas to let us have peace. We, from other tribes are tired of the stupidity of the tribalists from Igbo and Yoruba Ancestry.

We must continually shame these tribalists and inform them that their tribes and their weaknesses is not what we registered on this forum to entertain.

Henceforth, we should be shaming these two tribes for behaving like neanderthals of 21 century.

2 Likes

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by slex(m): 5:40pm On Apr 14, 2019
There are some particular handles that always start or propagate this tribal war of a thing but no ban from the mods or removal of comments.

I have reported over 4 monikers and I still see them going about like jobless people still instigating problem and spreading hate at even topics that don’t contain any tribal mentions.

1 Like

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by slex(m): 5:41pm On Apr 14, 2019
There are some particular handles that always start or propagate this tribal war of a thing but no ban from the mods or removal of comments.

I have reported over 4 monikers and I still see them going about like jobless people still instigating problem and spreading hate at even topics that don’t contain any tribal mentions.

Mods need to do better
C, Seun osewa

1 Like

Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by fero007: 4:36pm On Apr 15, 2019
My pepo, d tin tire me but notin we fit do o, na mods hand e dey, lets not blame yoruba n igbo cuz a lot of others do it too, all i'll say is shame to all the idiots dat derail meanful tribes with stupid tribalistic comments, i suggest d rest of us ignore dem n continue with d main topic of what ever group dey derailed
Re: Hatred And Tribalism On Nairaland by tck2000(m): 7:03pm On Dec 14, 2019
Hmm

(1) (Reply)

Ijebu Ladies / Men / Who Knows About Olaudah Equiano And Who Cares To Know? / Japan's Festival Of Naked Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.