Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,462 members, 7,864,930 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 09:41 AM

What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" (444 Views)

The Comparative Theory Of International Economics / Forms Of Government You Never Knew Existed / JAMB Bans Pens, Wrist Watches At UTME; Begins Sale of Forms This Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by Chenzee(m): 3:54pm On Apr 12, 2019
English can be so frustrating ooo...I am used to speaking the little English I know, but would sometimes want to impress some set of persons by garnishing it....

It's after blowing the grammar, that I will realize there is nothing like that..I just adopt and continue using in informal settings. Sometimes I speak them to save time.... At least they blend or fit in perfectly into my sentence.

1. Have you offed the light? ( have you turned off the light?)
2. I have onned my Bluetooth... ( I have turned on my Bluetooth)

Another one I blatantly use is "littlest" e.g

3. I use the littlest time I get in the office to pray.

So what is the past tense and past participle of "On and Off"
The comparative and superlative forms of "Little"

1 Like

Re: What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by chukxie(m): 4:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
Little > less (comparative form ) > least (superlative form)
On / off to not have past tense forms.
Turn on / off > turned on/off ( past tense form)
The verb 'offed' means to kill intentionally or with premeditation.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by Chenzee(m): 9:05pm On Apr 12, 2019
chukxie:
Little > less (comparative form ) > least (superlative form)
On / off to not have past tense forms.
Turn on / off > turned on/off ( past tense form)
The verb 'offed' means to kill intentionally or with premeditation.

Thanks for schooling me...Now I've learnt a lot...I think I should contact you when next I have problems with the lingua...
Re: What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by chukxie(m): 11:24pm On Apr 12, 2019
Chenzee:

Thanks for schooling me...Now I've learnt a lot...I think I shouldcontact you when next I have problems with the lingua...

You're welcome ! I be learner ooo!
Re: What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by Chenzee(m): 11:29pm On Apr 12, 2019
chukxie:

You're welcome ! I be learner ooo!
Lol
Re: What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by chukxie(m): 12:00am On Apr 13, 2019
Chenzee:

Lol

We're all here to learn new things on this platform.
Re: What Are The Comparative And Superlative Forms Of The Word "Little" by Chenzee(m): 10:02am On Apr 13, 2019
chukxie:

We're all here to learn new things on this platform.
Yea, true.

(1) (Reply)

Uniport Schedule For 2019 Post-utme Screening Exercise / NOVEL Nigeria In Partnership With IFEDS OAU Set To Hold Vocational Training / Paperhelp.org Review - A Price For An Essay

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.