Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,031 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo (4461 Views)

**SOLD**Meticulously Maintained 2008 Honda Civic Tokunbo**SOLD** / Pimped 2008 Honda Civic Tokunbo / SOLD! SOLD!! SOLD!!! HONDA Civic Tokunbo 2006 In Akure,ondo State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 2:46am On Apr 14, 2019
I promise that I will post the remaining pictures of my Honda civic 03. I mention early on my previous post that the civic is 90k miles, original miles. A lot of people were doubtful .. Am not here to brag, but am here motivate people ....... If you decide to get a civic for uber .. I will highly recommend a Tokunbo civic 03 to 05. Use the Mobil 1 extended performance and ultra synthetic oil filter... change oil every 12k miles or five months and you are good to go ..have done that and am happy and my cars are running great ....

Now my advice to anyone thinking about going into uber business.. Keep in mind the dynamic of the business has change.. Before I was screaming elantra 07 upwards etc .. But any car from 07 upwards for uber ,will be a great waste of time and resources.. Look for smaller cars that are rugged ,cars like civic, rio ,Honda city etc .. If you are still buying corolla 03 ,04 ,05 upwards.. You are wasting your time .. It will be a lot better to sell the car and get a smaller less expensive but reliable car .. A word is always enough for the wise . Have been doing uber for the past 2+ now .... And uber has been in Nigeria for almost three years or more .. So my point is am not a rookie in the business.. ..

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by osarodon(m): 5:57am On Apr 14, 2019
Dru23, thanks for this super review and God bless you.
Please I will like to find out if the Civic 2003-2005 experience leg pull like the Honda Accord EOD and Discussion continues?
Thanks as I await your response
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 6:49am On Apr 14, 2019
osarodon:
Dru23, thanks for this super review and God bless you.
Please I will like to find out if the [b]Civic 2003-2005 experience leg pull like the Honda Accord EOD and [/b]Discussion continues?
Thanks as I await your response

Never experience such at all ... the only issue I had with the civic is the a/c fan .. We had to replace and fix few times.. Other than that I have no regrets at all .. My advice is look for a tokunbo civic and you good to go .. Keep up with good oil ,coolant etc .
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by Diponee: 4:06am On May 01, 2019
Wanna know the landing cost of a Honda civic with acceptable year for Uber and Taxify. Thanks
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 5:00am On May 01, 2019
Diponee:
Wanna know the landing cost of a Honda civic with acceptable year for Uber and Taxify. Thanks

Landing cost varies from 1.2m to 1.350 depending from 03 to 05. I have an 04 landing soon.. If you are interested let me know at dru23@hotmail.com and taxify and uber cars start from 03 upwards
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dicksonadams(m): 8:59am On May 01, 2019
Diponee:

I have a tokunbo one, chat me up for inspection 08034288798
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by double0seven(m): 2:09pm On May 02, 2019
dru23:

Landing cost varies from 1.2m to 1.350 depending from 03 to 05. I have an 04 landing soon.. If you are interested let me know at dru23@hotmail.com and taxify and uber cars start from 03 upwards

@dru23

Have you had any of your drivers drive a manual car before? Did they complain that it was more difficult.

I've seen manual versions of good cars, near tokunbo conditions that are cheap, like 2004, Honda accord, 2001 Honda civic, 2009, 2010 Honda City, etc. They are cheap because they are manual drive and most people want automatic transmission.

But I keep hearing that you shouldn't do taxify or uber with manual transmission, that one may regret it.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 8:24pm On May 02, 2019
double0seven:

@dru23

Have you had any of your drivers drive a manual car before? Did they complain that it was more difficult.

I've seen manual versions of good cars, near tokunbo conditions that are cheap, like 2004, Honda accord, 2001 Honda civic, 2009, 2010 Honda City, etc. They are cheap because they are manual drive and most people want automatic transmission.

But I keep hearing that you shouldn't do taxify or uber with manual transmission, that one may regret it.

You can use manual drive on uber/taxify or any e hailing.. The question is that how many drivers will except and delivery rate .. Point blank to be on the safe side .... I take God beg ,stick to Automatic and Automatic only... to avoid stories
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by Diponee: 7:11am On May 03, 2019
What year??
I'll be in Lagos next week, where's your location??
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dicksonadams(m): 7:45am On May 03, 2019
Diponee:
What year??

08, Private chat me on what for Pic and further information
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by Chae: 6:25am On May 07, 2019
Dru, I was encouraged by you, my Honda civic 05 will b landed soon.

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 7:08am On May 07, 2019
Chae:
Dru, I was encouraged by you, my Honda civic 05 will b landed soon.

Hustle and motivate bro ... am very happy bro .. .. Those civics are good now especially at the climate that we are in the e hailing business.. Just make sure you maintain that car from the start bro.. Use good oil ,coolant and do the basic things.. And don't ever, ever let any mechanics remove the thermostat from the car .... You will enjoy the car .... From the picture the car looks clean.. Nice one.. You will enjoy the car... let me tell you a funny story.. One of my drivers that drives the civic is out of town for few weeks.. So my Mrs. Has been driving the car .. I ask why u driving the car ..she said the car runs fine and fuel consumption is better than her car . She said she has use 3k naira fuel since o . If she is by herself, she will drive the civic, but if she get passengers family etc . She takes her own car ...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by Chae: 8:12am On May 07, 2019
Tnk boss, u r too gud
dru23:

Hustle and motivate bro ... am very happy bro .. .. Those civics are good now especially at the climate that we are in the e hailing business.. Just make sure you maintain that car from the start bro.. Use good oil ,coolant and do the basic things.. And don't ever, ever let any mechanics remove the thermostat from the car .... You will enjoy the car .... From the picture the car looks clean.. Nice one.. You will enjoy the car... let me tell you a funny story.. One of my drivers that drives the civic is out of town for few weeks.. So my Mrs. Has been driving the car .. I ask why u driving the car ..she said the car runs fine and fuel consumption is better than her car . She said she has use 3k naira fuel since o . If she is by herself, she will drive the civic, but if she get passengers family etc . She takes her own car ...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by amdman: 6:33am On May 09, 2019
Diponee:

This 2003 Honda Civic can land in your house in Naija for N1.2m.

Check this thread for more details

https://www.nairaland.com/5167845/n1000000-less-tokunbo-cars/3#78231343

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 11:59am On May 09, 2019
Diponee:
What year??

I have an 04 civic this week coming out
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by Chae: 4:56pm On May 09, 2019
Dru brah, hop Honda safe fuel lik corolla?
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 7:44pm On May 09, 2019
Chae:
Dru brah, hop Honda safe fuel lik corolla?

Pass corolla... you go enjoy the car ....my currant driver was a toyota freak, now na Honda civic he be now. He loves the car .my female driver loves the car ,she would not take any other car at all ..she got the car as a tokunbo.. Very good on fuel ...

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by Chae: 7:50am On May 10, 2019
Tnkx for d info
dru23:

Pass corolla... you go enjoy the car ....my currant driver was a toyota freak, now na Honda civic he be now. He loves the car .my female driver loves the car ,she would not take any other car at all ..she got the car as a tokunbo.. Very good on fuel ...
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:46pm On May 10, 2019
sir, btw honda civic and city 2006, which is better nd cheaper?

1 Like

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 10:03pm On May 10, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
sir, btw honda civic and city, which is better nd cheaper?

I really don't know.. Civic is for the USA Market.. And I guess the city is for the European market... but if you can get a good civic especially tokunbo from 03 to 05 for around 1.3m . You are good to go .. The car will last you years to come
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by MeshachMARTINS(m): 10:08pm On May 10, 2019
dru23:

I really don't know.. Civic is for the USA Market.. And I guess the city is for the European market... but if you can get a good civic especially tokunbo from 03 to 05 for around 1.3m . You are good to go .. The car will last you years to come
ok...thank you very much sir smiley
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by MeshachMARTINS(m): 1:46am On May 11, 2019
sorry abt the questions sir, am new to car stuffs, but can 100k service a not too bad car (06 civic), change seat material from leather to fabric(how much does it cost), fullbody or minor spray?
cc gazzuzz(your opinion too)
thank you
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 7:21am On May 13, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
sorry abt the questions sir, am new to car stuffs, but can 100k service a not too bad car (06 civic), change seat material from leather to fabric(how much does it cost), fullbody or minor spray?
thank you

I have never change fabric to leather before ...all my cars are tokunbo and tokunbo only.. Full body spray or minor spray in my experience can be as little as 10k to 30k ....
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dicksonadams(m): 7:34am On May 13, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
thank you

Guy is guzzuzz the God of car ni? wey una dey always cc am undecided from what I know, the guy hates Honda Civic with a passion. You better off getting info from fellow Honda users or owners like Dru

3 Likes

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:42am On May 13, 2019
dicksonadams:

Guy is guzzuzz the God of car ni? wey una dey always cc am undecided from what I know, the guy hates Honda Civic with a passion. You better off getting info from fellow Honda users or owners like Dru
ohhh cheesy thanks for the headsup sir
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by MeshachMARTINS(m): 7:54am On May 13, 2019
dru23:

I have never change fabric to leather before ...all my cars are tokunbo and tokunbo only.. Full body spray or minor spray in my experience can be as little as 10k to 30k ....
ohh...thank you very much sir....but I dont think its possible to get a toks 03 for less than 1m ....or maybe I will have to try up my budget a little and go for amdman stocks...
I really appreciate your help sir smiley
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 1:31pm On May 13, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
ohh...thank you very much sir....but I dont think its possible to get a toks 03 for less than 1m ....or maybe I will have to try up my budget a little and go for amdman stocks...
I really appreciate your help sir smiley

Very hard to get toks for 1m .. Up your budget abit. A lot of civic and especially corolla are badly abused naija ones out there.. Most people feel that since those cars are strong, they tend to ignore maintenance.. When buying one look for transmission issues, oil type coolant etc.. Check for sludge etc
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by donuba61: 8:59am On May 16, 2019
Good day Dru23, Please someone told me that Honda civic 2003-2005 don't have the problem of leg pulling, please i want to confirm how true it is.
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 9:12am On May 16, 2019
donuba61:
Good day Dru23, Please someone told me that Honda civic 2003-2005 don't have the problem of leg pulling, please i want to confirm how true it is.

The only thing about civic or Honda cars is ATF aka gear oil .. Their transmission can be unforgiving if you use the wrong ATF .. Honda engines can take a lot of abuse o ,trust me from experience.. And I never had any leg pulling issue

Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dicksonadams(m): 2:58pm On May 16, 2019
Dru is a strong Honda Civic advocate ��

Wait till I introduce you To some of my volvo friend.

Cc valrinze
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by dru23(m): 7:40pm On May 16, 2019
dicksonadams:
Dru is a strong Honda Civic advocate ��

Wait till I introduce you To some of my volvo friend.

Cc valrinze

Am just facing reality on ground
Re: 2003 Honda Civic Tokunbo by diportivo: 7:41pm On May 16, 2019
dru23:

The only thing about civic or Honda cars is ATF aka gear oil .. Their transmission can be unforgiving if you use the wrong ATF .. Honda engines can take a lot of abuse o ,trust me from experience.. And I never had any leg pulling issue

thebigkendo,why r u not on this thread angry

ur guy is doing legalo o....posting that people shld use Z1 for their transmission grin grin

Togolese mechanic go replace transmission tire grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

2003 Honda Crv Ex Model / I Need A Sound Nigerian Used Car Between 200,000 - 300,000 / Tokunbo Volkswagen Sharan For Sale===7 Seater with 4 plugs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.