Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,157,927 members, 7,835,094 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 03:55 AM

My Kids Welfare - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / My Kids Welfare (686 Views)

My holiday experience with my kids and little warri nephew. / My Kids Nanny Is Leaving - Urgent Advise / My Husband Said He Will Raise My Kids To Challenge Me And Be Rude To Me. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Kids Welfare by Babeme: 2:36pm On Apr 14, 2019
u
Re: My Kids Welfare by eyinjuege: 6:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
Involve a lawyer and the police now. Start sorting out the issue of custody officially in the courts. Start the process NOW.
For now, anytime he wants to take the children out, let it be at your local police station, and the exchange should be witnessed by the police. When he is returning them, it should also be at the police station. It's important you involve a lawyer NOW.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Kids Welfare by UjuJoan2: 7:21pm On Apr 14, 2019
Babeme:
Been married for some years but am separated from my husband because the emotional abuse is just too much.i have two young kids.
I don't intend denying him access to them in any way.infact I really wish they dont get affected by our separation.
He took them out yesterday and my 5year old daughter came back and said daddy wants to take me abroad.
shocked shocked.i am scared he would take this kids away from me.i have never denied him access to them anytime.please how do I stop this.i don't want them to get affected by our separation.going back to him sucidal.i have tired contacting himso we talk about this but he blocked my lines and on what's up.how do I prevent him from taking my kids away.

Does he live abroad or have plans to relocate? Who will he leave them with there?

I don't think you should panic until you are sure of what is going on. The children need their father so don't take them away or create a tense situation because of your fears, which could be unfounded.
Re: My Kids Welfare by Babeme: 7:54pm On Apr 14, 2019
eyinjuege:
Involve a lawyer and the police now. Start sorting out the issue of custody officially in the courts. Start the process NOW.
For now, anytime he wants to take the children out, let it be at your local police station, and the exchange should be witnessed by the police. When he is returning them, it should also be at the police station. It's important you involve a lawyer NOW.
Thanks ma.will go to the station tomorrow
Re: My Kids Welfare by eyinjuege: 8:00pm On Apr 14, 2019
Babeme:

Thanks ma.will go to the station tomorrow

Hope you can afford a lawyer, otherwise you may need to contact the local women affairs in your area. I'm not really sure what organisations can help of you can't afford a lawyer.

Ifyalways, please your advice is needed here. Thanks

I really hope you can resolve this

1 Like

Re: My Kids Welfare by sisisioge: 8:59pm On Apr 14, 2019
Haaaa! Well, you may have to deny him access too since he's denying you access to talk to him. Follow Eyinjuege's advice though, it sounds thorough.

1 Like

Re: My Kids Welfare by ibkn(m): 5:15am On Apr 15, 2019
1. get a lawyer. 2. report at the Ministry of social welfare. 3. ensure you have the kids international passports.

1 Like

Re: My Kids Welfare by ifyalways(f): 6:41am On Apr 15, 2019
ibkn:
1. get a lawyer.
2. report at the Ministry of social welfare.
3. ensure you have the kids international passports.
This is it for me.

1. He might have told your daughter about the abroad thing to pacify her . I wouldn't totally take a five years old word for it.

2 .YOur ex blocking you is kinda suspicious and weird . Was there any lingering issue prior the travel thing or is he usually this petty aka adult baby?

3. Im not sure the Police will do anything for you now. If your children have passports, keep it very safe then get a lawyer to write Nigeria immigration detailing the children's names, dob,passport number and request that :
A) you are their mother, alive,of sound mind separated from their dad.
B) On no condition should your children be re-issued a new passport/travel document, allowed to leave Nigeria through any of our land, air and sea borders without your written consent from your lawyer.

If your children dont have passports and you can afford to process one for them, time to do it is now(as a single mom) and keep it safe with you. Goodluck

7 Likes 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

Buy Your Quality English Plain And Pattern Fabric / Used Original 6.2kva Honda Generator For Sale / Is ur Marriage/relationshipThreaten By Infidelity Talk To Us Now...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.