Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic (5608 Views)

Airline Removes Six Seats To Allow World's Tallest Woman Fly On Plane (photos) / Dinka, South Sudan: The Tallest People In Africa (Photos) / Man In Shock As He Is Charged For VIP Sitting at Abuja Int'l Airport pic (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 4:52am On Apr 15, 2019
World's best airport unveiled a $1.3 billion glass dome mall with a stunning forest waterfall here’s what it’s really like inside Jewel Changi Airport.

Housed under a dome of glass and steel, the building spread over 135,700 square metres is designed by Moshe Safdie, the architect known for the Marina Bay Sands resort, a boat-shaped landmark that has become synonymous with Singapore's skyline.

The waterfall in the centre of Jewel Changi Airport sits amid a landscaped forest valley.

The mall was designed by renowned architect Moshe Safdie, who also created Marina Bay Sands.

From the outside, the 38,500 sq m mall looks like a garden in a glass dome.

Changi Airport said in a statement that it expects 20 million visitors to the mall each year.

Entry to Jewel is free. In fact, the mall was built to serve travellers with longer stopovers who have time to kill, but not enough hours to explore the city.

It also had kiosks that let travellers check-in over three hours before their flight, drop off their luggage, then enjoy the mall.

https://www.businessinsider.sg/changi-airport-jewel-best-waterfall-forest/
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 4:52am On Apr 15, 2019
Rainwater is collected and sent down the waterfall, then used to water the gardens around it.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 4:53am On Apr 15, 2019
At night, the waterfall turns backdrop for a gorgeous light show.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 4:55am On Apr 15, 2019
Every few minutes, the waterfall alternates between spewing water and mist.

3 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 4:56am On Apr 15, 2019
Jewel’s landscaped forest valley houses one of the largest indoor collections of plants in the country, with over 2,000 trees and 100,000 shrubs.

The trees took nine months to obtain and two years to acclimatise in a local nursery before being moved into the mall.

There is even a mini bamboo forest

5 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 5:00am On Apr 15, 2019
Some eateries even have views of the waterfall.

There're stairs that let visitors climb the terraces up to the top floor.

3 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by jullidee2006: 5:00am On Apr 15, 2019
amazing... creativity

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 5:00am On Apr 15, 2019
There're fantastic viewing points of the waterfall from floors six to ten.

Of course, people went crazy taking pictures.

Eateries here include London’s famous Burger and Lobster, Tanuki Raw, and Singapore’s first Tiger Beer “global concept store”.

3 Likes

There're four play areas for kids, including a reflective slide and a delightful woodland area called the Foggy Bowls, a grassy zone with dips and humps complete with soft “stone” cushions.

Every few minutes, the dips fills up with smoke, which made sitting in them feel like being inside a cloud.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 5:12am On Apr 15, 2019
There are quiet ponds flanked by tropical plants.

The tropiary section featured animals like birds and an elephant made of flowers.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 5:13am On Apr 15, 2019
As well as a photo spot with two orangutan models, the mascot of the Singapore Zoo.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 5:19am On Apr 15, 2019
An escalator from a shopping floor leading up to the Canopy Park. A joint venture between Changi Airport and Singapore developer CapitaLand, Jewel adds 53,600 square meters of retail space in the wealthy city-state.

Children run through a walkway that links the various terminals to Jewel Changi Airport in Singapore.

The Rain Vortex inside Jewel Changi Airport in Singapore.

The reflection of the roof in Singapore's Jewel Changi Airport.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Explorers(m): 5:28am On Apr 15, 2019
Early check in.

It also has kiosks that let travellers check-in over three hours before their flight, drop off their luggage, then enjoy the mall.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Nobody: 5:46am On Apr 15, 2019
When will Will any African country has the title.

Meanwhile

Do you need an android app for your business or website, then contact me I will build one for you at an afford price.

3 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by tillaman(m): 5:59am On Apr 15, 2019
Structures like this makes me feel Nigeria is still in the Stone Age!! Our structures are so damn Archaic, leaders are only interested in power and their purse!!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by galadima77(m): 6:08am On Apr 15, 2019
OP why is everything in past tense?

E fine sha
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by dfrost: 6:42am On Apr 15, 2019
Hmmm... Singapore is the newest beehive in the world. Honey to be tapped soon by everyone and them.

Place looks like one of the scenes from Jurassic Park. I'll pass on the forest-like areas before one T-rex will come and eat me for lunch.
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Smily202(m): 6:48am On Apr 15, 2019
F
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by mrMeen(m): 6:51am On Apr 15, 2019
Wonderful
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Oceannaagent: 6:52am On Apr 15, 2019
What a sight to behold, for those that love nature

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by madridguy(m): 6:52am On Apr 15, 2019
Beautiful kiss
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by officialteemi(m): 7:10am On Apr 15, 2019
a country for the people
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by lereinter(m): 7:25am On Apr 15, 2019
Satan created Nigeria
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by konkonbilo(m): 7:39am On Apr 15, 2019
Kia!!!! See country. cry Nigeria na real hell, I no go even pray for my enemies to be born Nigerians next life sad

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by konkonbilo(m): 7:42am On Apr 15, 2019
Na this kind country you go De use proud for people no be like my country embarassed cry I wish say people get 2 lifes or humans fit De do free transfer like footballers, this country Don tire my spirit I swear angry

4 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by konkonbilo(m): 7:44am On Apr 15, 2019
lereinter:

Satan created Nigeria
grin grin grin No be lie

1 Like

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by codeSavant: 7:45am On Apr 15, 2019
this looks like something straight out of sci-fi movie. It's amazing.
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by kniru: 8:07am On Apr 15, 2019
Wow !!!
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Nobody: 8:50am On Apr 15, 2019
Singapore should come and sign me, i have terminated my contract with Nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by Kingluqman(m): 9:38am On Apr 15, 2019
Who Nigeria offend?

So beautiful
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by AngelicBeing: 9:55am On Apr 15, 2019
Evidence of a working, smart-thinking, caring, productive, future-thinking, corruption free society, and also a working and a President / Prime minister of a country that is alive, kudos to Singapore that doesn't depends on prayers and fasting to get things done but they have a roadmap of where they are going and they stick to it, cool
Re: ₦468B: World's Tallest Indoor Waterfall, Forest Unveils In Singapore Airport(Pic by anochuko01(m): 10:20am On Apr 15, 2019
lets jus sell this nigeria please...

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Advice On DIY In Passport Application / Jacky Hathiramani Bags Platinum Excellence Leadership Award / Don't Travel To The UK: No Jobs Anymore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.