Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,293 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:00 AM

Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali (1625 Views)

Your Understanding Of The Infidel / What Is An Infidel? Knowing It Is To Believe-it This Is A True Story And The / Is The Man Who Cannot Provide For His Family Really Worse Than An Infidel? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by nferyn(m): 4:42pm On Apr 30, 2007
has anyone read Infidel [/i]by[i] Ayaan hirsi Ali.
I'm especially interested in the reactions and observations of the nairaland muslims.
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by nferyn(m): 5:54pm On Apr 30, 2007
What do you think about the fact that she clearly states that the subservient role of women in Islam is ordained by the prophet and that the abuse those women receive are part and parcel of Islam.
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by pilgrim1(f): 6:56pm On Apr 30, 2007
nferyn:

What do you think about the fact that she clearly states that the subservient role of women in Islam is ordained by the prophet and that the abuse those women receive are part and parcel of Islam.

I didn't finish reading the book; but the author is absolutely right in her bold assertions in several issues she raised. There is no way that an honest Muslim would deny what the book asserts; even if one were to take a cursory look into the Hadiths.

If you really want to understand Islam, study the Hadiths.
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by nferyn(m): 7:17pm On Apr 30, 2007
What baffled me were the completely disproportionate reactions to her film Submission. The director of the film Theo Van Gogh got shot, stabbed several times. After the last stab, the killer left a note with a death threat to Hirsi Ali stabbed to his chest. All of this happened in broad daylight in the 'liberal' Amsterdam. And then hardly any Muslim came out to condemn the murder.
Why don't the muslims go out to fight the lunatics in their midst instead of preaching that Islam is a religion of peace.
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by pilgrim1(f): 7:36pm On Apr 30, 2007
@nferyn,

To be honest with you, even after leaving Islam, there are tons of issues that I don't understand, and can never understand. What I do know is that no honest Muslim can fault Hirsi Ali's carefully researched work.

However, in any "liberal" society, Islam by default was designed to murder "unbels" (the infidels in Muslim thought and theology). The reason why no arrests are likely to be made is thanks to the well-known Islamic LAW of Qisas that guarantees Muslims go scotfree after perpetrating mordacious and heinous acts. You may follow a bit of this concept already referenced here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-46741.384.html#msg1079967

Until now, one may never suppose to know ANYTHING about Islam. Even if your clear reasoning conveys honest assessment of any situation in Muhammad's religion and book, you will ALWAYS meet with denials and double-speak. Why? Again, another verse that not many people know about is what the Ulema (Muslim scholars who interpret the tenets of Islam) hold onto for their avowed rejection of non-muslim reasoning:

Sunan Abu-Dawud, Book 25, Number 3644:
Narrated Jundub: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone interprets the Book of Allah in the light of his opinion even if he is right, he has erred.

So, be sure that if you see "SLAY THEM" in the Qur'an 2:191, no Muslim will agree with you that the word "SLAY" means "SLAY" - because even though you are "right", you are bound to be in "error" for being a non-muslim.

If you doubt me, wait for the typical Muslim reaction following this. I know because I was once there.
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by stimulus(m): 8:04pm On Apr 30, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Narrated Jundub: The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) said: If anyone interprets the Book of Allah in the light of his opinion even if he is right, he has erred.

So, be sure that if you see "SLAY THEM" in the Qur'an 2:191, no Muslim will agree with you that the word "SLAY" means "SLAY" - because even though you are "right", you are bound to be in "error" for being a non-muslim.

shocked shocked

No wonder!
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by nferyn(m): 8:27pm On Apr 30, 2007
pilgrim.1:

@nferyn,

To be honest with you, even after leaving Islam, there are tons of issues that I don't understand, and can never understand. What I do know is that no honest Muslim can fault Hirsi Ali's carefully researched work.
They can't fault her work, yet they still consider her to be game during hunting season. How can anyone ever liver with him/herself following such a way of thinking.

pilgrim.1:

However, in any "liberal" society, Islam by default was designed to murder "unbels" (the infidels in Muslim thought and theology). The reason why no arrests are likely to be made is thanks to the well-known Islamic LAW of Qisas that guarantees Muslims go scotfree after perpetrating mordacious and heinous acts. You may follow a bit of this concept already referenced here:

https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-46741.384.html#msg1079967
Actually, the murderer was arrested and convicted. Luckily the Netherlands doesn't follow sharia. It makes me understand the passive tolerance of the muslims in Europe regarding the Jihadists in their midst.
What they don't seem to realise is that this attitude is going to come back to them with a vengeance. Europe has reached a point in it's history where it embraces liberal democracy as one of it's one of it's core values. If the radical muslims in Europe don't change their tune, Europe may very well slip back into it's old habits. I dread the moment where there would be a real confrontation, because there is no way the muslims could hold back the European beast once it's unleashed. It took us Europeans two very bloody world wars to come to our senses.

pilgrim.1:

Until now, one may never suppose to know ANYTHING about Islam. Even if your clear reasoning conveys honest assessment of any situation in Muhammad's religion and book, you will ALWAYS meet with denials and double-speak. Why? Again, another verse that not many people know about is what the Ulema (Muslim scholars who interpret the tenets of Islam) hold onto for their avowed rejection of non-muslim reasoning:

Absolutely unbelievable. Islam is even far worse than Christianity in that regard.

pilgrim.1:

Damned if you don't , damned if you do. There's no way to escape this dilemma of intellectual dishonesty.

pilgrim.1:

If you doubt me, wait for the typical Muslim reaction following this. I know because I was once there.
I'm eagerly waiting.
Re: Infidel By Ayaan Hirsi Ali by Nobody: 3:46am On May 01, 2007
nferyn:

Actually, the murderer was arrested and convicted. Luckily the Netherlands doesn't follow sharia. It makes me understand the passive tolerance of the muslims in Europe regarding the Jihadists in their midst.

The murderer was "unlucky" to have been living in a libera democracy that exists in the Netherlands where the rule of law is no respecter of religion. Had the murder occured in Saudi Arabia, the murderer would have been knighted as a hero!
Trust the usual cacophony of islamic appologetics to give us the usual "we condemn violence" cliche.

(1) (Reply)

Tudor's Treatise / Why Dont We See Jesus Appear In Nigerian Foods? / Happy 59th Birthday To Pastor Tunde Bakare

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.