Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,524 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:55 PM

Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused (656 Views)

How I Pay My Rent / House Or Car? Help, I Am Confused / Please Help!!! Who Knows Nice Dreams Properties? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 12:11pm On Apr 16, 2019
I'm sorry to bring this to the romance section, I don't know the appropriate section to post it so I presume it will garner more viewers here.

Guys pls I rented a self con last year and when I went to pay for it, the landlord and his wife were there, the way they struggled the cash from me made me wonder who was the owner of the house. Just last week, prior to my renewal which is next month, the landlord told me he will send me his account number to make the transfer for the renewal, and just two days ago, the wife also told me she will send her account number to me for the same transfer. Now I'm so damned confused on who to make the transfer to, as this might result to enmity btwn me and either of them.

NB: the husband doesn't know the wife requested I transfer the money to her likewise the wife.

@lalasticlala mynd44
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Nobody: 12:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
krissconnect:
I'm sorry to bring this to the romance section, I don't know the appropriate section to post it so I presume it will garner more viewers here.

Guys pls I rented a self con last year and when I went to pay for it, the landlord and his wife were there, the way they struggled the cash from me made me wonder who was the owner of the house. Just last week, prior to my renewal which is next month, the landlord told me he will send me his account number to make the transfer for the renewal, and just two days ago, the wife also told me she will send her account number to me for the same transfer. Now I'm so damned confused on who to make the transfer to, as this might result to enmity btwn me and either of them.

NB: the husband doesn't know the wife requested I transfer the money to her likewise the wife.

@lalasticlala mynd44

Just ask in style if the banks are different. Ask the man that the wife sent her account, and seems her bank is more convenient for you. Just be diplomatic like is not your business and see his response.
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Craziestgirl(f): 12:27pm On Apr 16, 2019
If the last payment you made was to the 'landlord', without any written/witnessed evidence instructing you that ownership has changed, you should pay to the same landlord.

4 Likes

Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Nobody: 12:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Craziestgirl:
If the last payment you made was to the 'landlord', without any written/witnessed evidence instructing you that ownership has changed, you should pay to the same landlord.

Same thought. Why bank this time? In order to avoid stories that touch, the same way you paid last time shouldnt be different.
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 12:49pm On Apr 16, 2019
Craziestgirl:
The day I went to make the payment in cash, I stated earlier that the both were present and they struggled for the cash from my hands, so I can't outrightly say I paid to the landlord, but the landlady was the one who gave me receipt
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 12:50pm On Apr 16, 2019
Jen92:

Just ask in style if the banks are different. Ask the man that the wife sent her account, and seems her bank is more convenient for you. Just be diplomatic like is not your business and see his response.
The man must have known the wife will come to me that's why he privately asked for transfer, I'm sure he doesn't want his wife to know, same thing with the wife.. guess that's why none is asking for cash payment
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Nobody: 1:01pm On Apr 16, 2019
krissconnect:

The man must have known the wife will come to me that's why he privately asked for transfer, I'm sure he doesn't want his wife to know, same thing with the wife.. guess that's why none is asking for cash payment
That's why you cant be in their drama. You better be blunt to them by asking who you should pay to, before they fight on your head. Which they are already doing.
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Nobody: 1:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
krissconnect:

The day I went to make the payment in cash, I stated earlier that the both were present and they struggled for the cash from my hands, so I can't outrightly say I paid to the landlord, but the landlady was the one who gave me receipt
what if she owns the house? Try to be blunt.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Nobody: 9:38pm On Apr 17, 2019
Have they settled?
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by desse: 11:54pm On Apr 17, 2019
krissconnect:

@lalasticlala mynd44
candid advice schedule a meeting to meet both of them ask who shall u pay to since both of dem are requesting dat u credit their accounts,,,,if dey insist u bring d money in cash refuse until dey both reach an agreement i believe if u delay their payment they will reach agreement soonest.Nd if eventually dey reach a compromise pls donot make transfer u may forget d day u transfer d money take ur time walk into d bank make a deposit keep d teller slip ,,u can easily rememba d date from d teller nd more so u hav physical evidence of payment in case d wife chose to delay issue of receipt if she find ur action not too cool wit her.

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
Jen92:
Have they settled?
Not yet oo
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 5:31pm On Apr 18, 2019
desse:
candid advice schedule a meeting to meet both of them ask who shall u pay to since both of dem are requesting dat u credit their accounts,,,,if dey insist u bring d money in cash refuse until dey both reach an agreement i believe if u delay their payment they will reach agreement soonest.Nd if eventually dey reach a compromise pls donot make transfer u may forget d day u transfer d money take ur time walk into d bank make a deposit keep d teller slip ,,u can easily rememba d date from d teller nd more so u hav physical evidence of payment in case d wife chose to delay issue of receipt if she find ur action not too cool wit her.
Thanks a lot bro
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Hier(m): 6:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
krissconnect:

@lalasticlala mynd44

Before you rented the house, who did you pay the cash to? Whoever you paid to is the legit owner of the house and speak to a neighbour about it. They would know better, but wait, I pray peace upon that house in Jesus Name

1 Like

Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Nobody: 6:54pm On Apr 18, 2019
[quote author=Hier post=77657043]

Before you rented the house, who did you pay the cash to? Whoever you paid to is the legit owner of the house and speak to a neighbour about it. They would know better, but wait, I pray peace upon that house in Jesus Name[/quote ] He said the wife dragged it.
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 6:40am On Apr 19, 2019
Hier:

Before you rented the house, who did you pay the cash to? Whoever you paid to is the legit owner of the house and speak to a neighbour about it. They would know better, but wait, I pray peace upon that house in Jesus Name
The both were present and they struggled the cash from me
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by Hier(m): 9:44am On Apr 19, 2019
krissconnect:
The both were present and they struggled the cash from me
dude, leave them, get a new apartment
Re: Help!!! Who Should I Pay To? So Confused by krissconnect(m): 6:38am On Apr 20, 2019
Hier:

dude, leave them, get a new apartment
Thanks, same thing I'm thinking

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

A Plot Of Land For Sale At Rimax, Meiran, Lagos. / Effective Property Listings / Printable Wall Art: What Are They And Why Should You Have Them In Your Homes?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.