Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,328 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car (6503 Views)

FRSC Gives Condition For Use Of Google Map While Driving / FRSC: Using Google Map While Driving Is A Serious Offence / 3 Essential Fluids Your Vehicle Cannot Go Without (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Godspower35(m): 3:54pm On Apr 16, 2019
A road map is a map that essentially displays roads and transport links, not natural geographic information. This is a type of navigation map, which usually includes political boundaries and labels, which also makes it a type of political map. In addition to roads and borders, road maps often include attractions such as large businesses or buildings, tourist sites, parks and entertainment venues, hotels and restaurants, as well as airports and train stations. A road map can also document car-free transit routes, even though they are often only shown on transit cards.

Follow the tips below in-order to understand the reasons for a road map:

Maps allow you to better plan your route.

When you go on a long trip, it’s a good idea to get an idea of ​​the route you choose before you leave. Do not go through landmarks, waterways
or important cities that you cross to find out what you are going through. It is also vital to know on which sections of the road there are recreation areas or restaurants to relax in the bathroom and eat. Maps are ideal for planning, and to get an idea of ​​what to expect during a trip, GPS devices are not so easy to read this way.

GPS in your car or on your phone will show you only a small segment of the route. This will save you from previous knowledge of cities, mountains, ponds, etc., which you can easily recognize from a regular roadmap. How often are we completely taken aback by our GPS simply because we are listening and driving, and not paying attention to the environment? Suddenly, a wildlife sanctuary, which you may have wanted to avoid or do not want to avoid, comes from nowhere.

Maps never lose service.

If you use a navigation application for a smartphone, you risk losing the signal. You depend on your ability to receive cellular services wherever you are, which is not always the case! And, of course, the places where you could lose the GPS satellite signal would be in more distant places where you probably do not know where you are going. If you are thinking of not using cellular communication, you must have a road map at hand. It is therefore best to be careful and keep it in your glove box.

Maps cannot be discharged.

If there is one thing that we are sure of is that electronic devices, such as GPS systems and mobile phones, tend to fail at the worst possible times. Out of nowhere, the battery will die or the screen will freeze. And if you do not have a car charger for your phone or GPS, you really are not lucky!

Now we are not talking to remove your GPS, we only rely on maps. But if you want to be sure to get to your destination as quickly and safely as possible, it is important to be prepared. And this training should include putting the right card in your glove box.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-9xB0zDLI4rw/XLXqyCG1leI/AAAAAAAACN8/PCOXiVpvh-M7rpMDIJA2GcLFYIaoiLW6wCLcBGAs/s320/Road%2Bmap.jpeg[/img]
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/04/3-essential-basis-to-keep-map-in-your.html#more

cc: Lalasticlala, Marpol
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by kelvinnaira: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
Map when lost me the other day.. Didn't even realize I was lost until I reach end of road where bush take over.. Shocking thing was, map still dey tell me to continue..as if i tell am say na tractor i dey drive.. which is a major problem with all these smart gadgets and apps of today.

@Op.. I assume you know about cars... please, what good car can I get for my mom in the N1m to N1.5m range?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Ekpekus(m): 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
Map can not be updated instantly..
Map can not tell you if a road is closed or possibly traffic on the road.
Maps can not tell you when a new road has been constructed..
You can not be using map while driving..

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by bmxshop: 6:34pm On Apr 16, 2019
One aside, if one was stopped by police with a paper map in your hand rather than a GPS app on your phone, you are far more likely to get helpful directions as opposed to a ticket for distracted driving.

1 Like

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Nobody: 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
Map in 2019??

1 Like

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by nonen(m): 6:37pm On Apr 16, 2019
How can I download map for my Venza?
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by dheaven: 6:38pm On Apr 16, 2019
Nice thread but where can we see all Nigerian roads maps to buy.?

3 Likes

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Avedonn: 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
This type of thing doesn't work in Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Alejoas(m): 6:39pm On Apr 16, 2019
wink
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by ged22: 6:48pm On Apr 16, 2019
OPERATION YOU MUST NOT BE SINGLE BY THIS EASTER. LET'S HELP YOU TO CONNECT WITH YOUR TRUE LOVE NOW!

Love is something different. Love is sweet, infact, true Love is the sweetest thing ever and even God almighty himself is Love!

Two Things You Don't Fight For; True Love and A True Friend
Love and Friendship are the touchstones of our lives, they define who we are and so when you truly love someone, to hell with butterfly in the tummy, you feel the whole zoo when you are with that person!

Until you meet someone you are scared to cheat on, you have no idea what being "IN LOVE" means!

YOU READY TO MAKE THIS APRIL MONTH OF TRUE LOVE?

Ready to meet that special one that makes you feel the ‘whole zoo’ in your tummy?

Just sign up o the website you with you details, message the Admin on Telegram or whatsapp and once your details are verified, connecting starts immediately

NOTE THIS: If you are not ready for serious relationship, if you are looking for 2nd wife, if you are looking for sugar mummy, sugar daddy or sugar baby, if you are a married man or woman looking for 'sarawagba' (we have chased out and embarrassed over 30 married men from the platform so far) and if you are not ready to register to verify your details. PLEASE DONT BOTHER JOINING BECAUSE WE DONT WANT OR ACCEPT ANYONE OR ANYTHING THAT WOULD PHYSICALLY OR EMOTIONALLY AFFECT THE WELL BEING OF OUR DEAR MEMBERS!

ALSO NOTE that the couple that met and got married on our platform last year are waxing strong in their marriage and so, we want so many marriages and serious relationship consummated this very year!

Signup, registration and membership absolutely free

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR? START YOUR TRUE LOVE CONNECTION NOW. DETAILS ON BANNERS!

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Oblivionsmiles: 6:52pm On Apr 16, 2019
Map ke, where you wan from get updated maps. Even if you do, they'll be for developed places like Lagos.

No go use map go your village o, you go lost no be small.

Check us out, you can gift yourself and loved ones a world map grin

1 Like

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Nobody: 7:02pm On Apr 16, 2019
You've been blessed man.
kelvinnaira:
Map when lost me the other day.. Didn't even realize I was lost until I reach end of road where bush take over.. Shocking thing was, map still dey tell me to continue..as if i tell am say na tractor i dey drive..

@Op.. I assume you know about cars... please, what good car can I get for my mom in the N1m to N1.5m range?
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by babalonimi: 7:07pm On Apr 16, 2019
By d time u get to Agbara Igbesa lusada atan road, d Map will disappear.
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Ttipsy(f): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ekpekus:
Map can not be updated instantly.. Map can not tell you if a road is closed or possibly traffic on the road. Maps can not tell you when a new road has been constructed.. You can not be using map while driving..
says who?
just say it's doesn't work in Nigeria
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by mikotek(m): 7:09pm On Apr 16, 2019
Godspower35:
A road map is a map that essentially displays roads and transport links, not natural geographic information. This is a type of navigation map, which usually includes political boundaries and labels, which also makes it a type of political map. In addition to roads and borders, road maps often include attractions such as large businesses or buildings, tourist sites, parks and entertainment venues, hotels and restaurants, as well as airports and train stations. A road map can also document car-free transit routes, even though they are often only shown on transit cards.

Where can I get a road map for Abuja? I really need one
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by noahnaira: 7:14pm On Apr 16, 2019
Lol @ tractor

For the car 'Toyota Matrix '

kelvinnaira:
Map when lost me the other day.. Didn't even realize I was lost until I reach end of road where bush take over.. Shocking thing was, map still dey tell me to continue..as if i tell am say na tractor i dey drive..

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Saintbusco1(m): 7:28pm On Apr 16, 2019
babalonimi:
By d time u get to Agbara Igbesa lusada atan road, d Map will disappear.
Lmao... that road Na die... dust will bless you
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by kelvinnaira: 7:33pm On Apr 16, 2019
Pointguardusa:
You've been blessed man.
All thanks to God bro. We're still hustling.. Jungle never mature.
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 16, 2019
Bless me bro.
kelvinnaira:
All thanks to God bro. We're still hustling.. Jungle never mature.
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Faithfulmartins(m): 8:00pm On Apr 16, 2019
Goodevening sir(s) and ma(s).
I was unable to pay my tuition fee for 200l at Kwara state COED oro, as at 2017. Failure to pay for 200 and 300L will exempt me from going to teaching practice also my sister got admission that same year, this prompt my mum to take loan of 2hundred thousand naira from LAPO microfinance bank. Though we have able to pay the sum of #120 thousand, recently life is not so easy on us which led to inability to continue payment of the loan. The bank agent have been making life a hell for us. Please I'm seeking help from any chearful giver to help us with any token. Thanks, may God replenish your pocket as you do so.
Account details:-
Acct Name: Akande Olukayode Matthew
Acct No:- 0036578509 GTB
Phone No: 09077726659
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Phayie(m): 8:16pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ekpekus:
Map can not be updated instantly..
Map can not tell you if a road is closed or possibly traffic on the road.
Maps can not tell you when a new road has been constructed..
You can not be using map while driving..

You need hot slap for this rubbish u type
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by Phayie(m): 8:20pm On Apr 16, 2019
Ttipsy:
says who?

Don't mind them, map works everywhere in Nigeria, if u don't believe, ask uber driver
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by erico2k2(m): 8:53pm On Apr 16, 2019
Godspower35:

Follow the tips below in-order to understand the reasons for a road map:

Maps allow you to better plan your route.

When you go on a long trip, it’s a good idea to get an idea of ​​the route you choose before you leave. Do not go through landmarks, waterways
or important cities that you cross to find out what you are going through. It is also vital to know on which sections of the road there are recreation areas or restaurants to relax in the bathroom and eat. Maps are ideal for planning, and to get an idea of ​​what to expect during a trip, GPS devices are not so easy to read this way.

GPS in your car or on your phone will show you only a small segment of the route. This will save you from previous knowledge of cities, mountains, ponds, etc., which you can easily recognize from a regular roadmap. How often are we completely taken aback by our GPS simply because we are listening and driving, and not paying attention to the environment? Suddenly, a wildlife sanctuary, which you may have wanted to avoid or do not want to avoid, comes from nowhere.

Maps never lose service.

If you use a navigation application for a smartphone, you risk losing the signal. You depend on your ability to receive cellular services wherever you are, which is not always the case! And, of course, the places where you could lose the GPS satellite signal would be in more distant places where you probably do not know where you are going. If you are thinking of not using cellular communication, you must have a road map at hand. It is therefore best to be careful and keep it in your glove box.

Maps cannot be discharged.

If there is one thing that we are sure of is that electronic devices, such as GPS systems and mobile phones, tend to fail at the worst possible times. Out of nowhere, the battery will die or the screen will freeze. And if you do not have a car charger for your phone or GPS, you really are not lucky!

Now we are not talking to remove your GPS, we only rely on maps. But if you want to be sure to get to your destination as quickly and safely as possible, it is important to be prepared. And this training should include putting the right card in your glove box.
[img]https://3.bp..com/-9xB0zDLI4rw/XLXqyCG1leI/AAAAAAAACN8/PCOXiVpvh-M7rpMDIJA2GcLFYIaoiLW6wCLcBGAs/s320/Road%2Bmap.jpeg[/img]
Source:
http://www.eliancars.com/2019/04/3-essential-basis-to-keep-map-in-your.html#more

maps wont tell U wne a road was changed to a o ne way, wont tell you when there are hold ups or accidents, wont tell you when there is flood or road works going on

2 Likes

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by 3kay945(m): 10:19pm On Apr 16, 2019
Phayie:

Don't mind them, map works everywhere in Nigeria, if u don't believe, ask uber driver

Which one can I use jare?
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by uuzba(m): 9:22am On Apr 17, 2019
Godspower35:
A road map is a map tha......

OP, you praised paper map over phone google map.
Paper map this and that... Then you display an image of a phone using google maps? Are you a somehow person?
Tell us where to buy the updated Nigerian road map. Are you selling it? Do you know where it is sold?

Don't just carry American local news from Reddit or TMZ and post here. Their local news (no mattwr how sweet it is for you), is of no use to us here in Nigeria. Our circumstances, situations, governments, currencies and opportunites are totally different.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by uuzba(m): 9:28am On Apr 17, 2019
Phayie:

You need hot slap for this rubbish u type
I sincerely wish that you can go to Twitter, Reddit, Quora, Youtube....all those American websites, converse with Americans live and direct and offer them this same HOT SLAP when they talk ribbish.

Leave your fellow Nigerian alone.
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by uuzba(m): 9:31am On Apr 17, 2019
Ttipsy:
says who?
A printed paper map cannot be updated instantly anywhere in this world.
You heared the word "Map" and you are thinking of phone software app.
The arcticle is talking about printed paper map.
Re: 3 Essential Basis To Keep A Map In Your Car by pacespot(m): 10:19am On Apr 17, 2019
good info

(1) (Reply)

KNOW YOUR VEHICLE-STOLEN OR SALVAGED? CAVEAT EMPTOR / How And Where To Buy A Salvage Vehicle / Turn Your Kazeem To A Gazzuzz or A Radautoworks. Thread For Broke Car Owners.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.