Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,410 members, 7,815,916 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:56 PM

Guardian Issue - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Guardian Issue (616 Views)

Driveinhud: The App Easing Commuting In Nigeria By Guardian Nigeria / Egypt Air Rewards Deborah Olatunji, Guardian With Free Tickets To Dubai (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Guardian Issue by SoftWorking(f): 10:15pm On Apr 17, 2019
Please Will like to get honest opinion.I have a cousin in the USA who just did arrangy wedding with Akata(citizen) she wants to start her paper processing and said she was thinking of putting my kids (3 n 5years)names in her application that she is their guardian. She said once everything clicks they stand a chance of being citizen. But all through the process they(kids) will not be able to apply for US visa because they will be refused. This process should be give/take 5years.
I dont even know what to say to it. I had to just say i need time to think about it.
I need opinions/advice please.
Re: Guardian Issue by omorkelly(m): 10:01am On Apr 18, 2019
Five years is not too long for such a goldwn opportunity.
You got nothing to loose. Go for it.

1 Like

Re: Guardian Issue by SoftWorking(f): 11:00am On Apr 18, 2019
omorkelly:
Five years is not too long for such a goldwn opportunity.
You got nothing to loose. Go for it.
Thank you for your response
Re: Guardian Issue by czarina(f): 11:55am On Apr 18, 2019
SoftWorking:

Thank you for your response
Wait o, don't take any decision yet. Other knowledgeable people will give you their opinion soon.
Re: Guardian Issue by SoftWorking(f): 12:09pm On Apr 18, 2019
czarina:
Wait o, don't take any decision yet. Other knowledgeable people will give you their opinion soon.
Lol. Just saying thanks. Atleast he managed to reply. Thanks for your concern.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Guardian Issue by Mancala: 3:48pm On Apr 18, 2019
SoftWorking:
Please Will like to get honest opinion.I have a cousin in the USA who just did [b]arrangy wedding [/b]with Akata(citizen) she wants to start her paper processing and said she was thinking of putting my kids (3 n 5years)names in her application that she is their guardian. She said once everything clicks they stand a chance of being citizen. But all through the process they(kids) will not be able to apply for US visa because they will be refused. This process should be give/take 5years.
I dont even know what to say to it. I had to just say i need time to think about it.
I need opinions/advice please.

Against my better judgement, I will provide you an informed opinion. First, are you aware that arrangee marriages are ilegal? I am inclined to believe you already know this. So why would you involve your children in an illegal activity? Parents have a legal and moral obligation to protect their children and shield them from harm. You are proposing to do the exact opposite by exposing them to illegal activity and risking the chance of having a criminal activity on their record. If (and when) this effort at illegal naturalization is caught and stopped by USCIS, they will become unwitting accesories to a crime. And guess what? This is on their record with U.S. Immigration forever. Picture this. One of them applies for a visa in the future. VO asks one or two irrelevant questions and denies and the poor kid begins to wonder what happened, not knowing that their parent has doomed them to potential denial forever by involving them in immigration fraud.

Although it is not my place, let me speak on behalf of those kids. If you are willing to do something illegal, do it for yourself and involve no one else, it is your prerogative!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Guardian Issue by SoftWorking(f): 3:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mancala:

Against my better judgement, I will provide you an informed opinion. First, are you aware that arrangee marriages are ilegal? I am inclined to believe you already know this. So why would you involve your children in an illegal activity? Parents have a legal and moral obligation to protect their children and shield them from harm. You are proposing to do the exact opposite by exposing them to illegal activity and risking the chance of having a criminal activity on their record. If (and when) this effort at illegal naturalization is caught and stopped by USCIS, they will become unwitting accesories to a crime. And guess what? This is on their record with U.S. Immigration forever. Picture this. One of them applies for a visa in the future. VO asks one or two irrelevant questions and denies and the poor kid begins to wonder what happened, not knowing that their parent has doomed them to potential denial forever by involving them in immigration fraud.

Although it is not my place, let me speak on behalf of those kids. If you are willing to do something illegal, do it for yourself and involve no one else, it is your prerogative!
Thanks alot. Your response is much appreciated.
Re: Guardian Issue by czarina(f): 3:52pm On Apr 18, 2019
Mancala:

Gbam!

Softworking, hope you hia?
Re: Guardian Issue by SoftWorking(f): 5:59pm On Apr 18, 2019
czarina:
Gbam!

Softworking, hope you hia?
Lol.....am aiight.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (Reply)

The Joy Of Travelling / Eko Atlantic City | True Cost Of Living! / Learnt Distance From Anambra To Enugu Is Very Far

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.