Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,898 members, 7,817,659 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:31 PM

Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria (15003 Views)

The Tech Craze: A Bubble, Not A Solution For Unemployment In Nigeria. / Man Fries Garri Wearing Suit To Protest High Level Of Unemployment In Nigeria / Unemployment In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Revolva(m): 5:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
High unemployment, especially among the youths, has negative consequences on the economy of the country and population. Finding the right solution to this problem isn’t an easy thing to do. It requires the cooperation and contribution of everyone. Fortunately, technology may be able to provide some solutions. Here are some tech innovations that can help tackle youth unemployment in Nigeria.

Investment in IT infrastructure

Good technology infrastructure is the most important requirement for any technology-based solution. It is crucial to invest more in good internet connection, computer and mobile equipment, and other IT-related supports. All these can be harnessed to train and retrain young Nigerians on relevant digital skills.

Technology in schools

The importance of technology in African schools and universities is central. Many local schools have poor access to computers and the Internet. It is significant to integrate technology into school curricula. Technology is evolving rapidly and the demand for digitally skilled workforce will continue to grow in the future. Technology skilled workers have less trouble finding the right job or taking advantage of business opportunities in Nigeria and beyond.

eCommerce

eCommerce has grown significantly over the years in Nigeria. It was ably pioneered by Jumia, Nigeria's no 1 shopping destination. The eCommerce platform has empowered many entrepreneurs by connecting them with millions of consumers across Nigeria and they are able to earn a living. Beyond this, many young Nigerians have seized the opportunities presented by the ecommerce .

Using mobile technology

Fighting youth unemployment with mobile phones sounds like a questionable approach. However, mobile technology could be the right solution. The power of mobile technology is often underrated. You just need a mobile phone with a sim card and it can be used to connect employers and job seekers via SMS. Unemployed individuals would receive an SMS notification about available jobs and they could reply by sending their skills and experience.

Online education

E-learning platforms are one of the most popular forms of education today. Studying has never been easier and accessible. It provides access to quality study materials in the world. There are unlimited resources for free training materials on the internet. You just need an internet connection and a computer. You can leverage this to hone your skills and use it to apply for available jobs.

http://giditechlab.com/tech-innovations-that-can-help-tackle-youth-unemployment-in-nigeria/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
In a country where police treat youths in possession of high end devices and laptops as criminals how do we expect to grow the tech industry? Nigerian police don't believe or understand that there are several legal opportunities online to explore to tackle the serious unemployment, every thing related to computers and internet to them is fraud. Until the government reorientate or educate those illiterates harassing the citizens, we will remain behind in technology

30 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by ekensi01: 7:26pm On Apr 18, 2019
cheesy

No fund to start that

Buhari should tells us where about the looted and borrowed money

1 Like

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by bercarray(m): 7:27pm On Apr 18, 2019
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by hottathafire(m): 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
Why are we seeing fewer comments here, so tay I made the frontpage after coming back after one hour to comment without booking a space first.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:28pm On Apr 18, 2019
I have a great passion for ecommerce but no funds embarassed
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
please I need cheap 2hectares of land in ogun or Lagos for animal farming

5 Likes

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Alejoas(m): 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
shocked

I am the right person to talk to as far as powerbank for your laptop, Phones are concerned. See my signature below and recommend. Thanks
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by dheaven: 7:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
Good idea but implementing it is the problem.
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by jamezman(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
In Nigeria its called Yahoo Yahoo...

1 Like

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by tstx(m): 7:32pm On Apr 18, 2019
Yawn

I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
I build websites and I am based in Abuja, see my signature
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by godfrey01(m): 7:33pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nice write. Where will someone who is unemployed get money to recharge and buy data....
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by anochuko01(m): 7:38pm On Apr 18, 2019
The only valid point here is the last one!
Until youths step up to whats up now they and their certificates would simply waste away!
A friend didnt spend a month looking for a job after nysc. I wasnt surprised coz guy spent last 2-3years learning and practising programming.

2 Likes

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by futurism: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ejimagifty:
In a country where police treat youths in possession of high end devices and laptops as criminals how do we expect to grow the tech industry? Nigerian police don't believe or understand that there are several legal opportunities online to explore to tackle the serious unemployment, every thing related to computers and internet to them is fraud. Until the government reorientate or educate those illiterates harassing the citizens, we will remain behind in technology

Let me tell you a story.

A guy was a thug during his secondary school days. He stole his mother's money in my present when I visited the school day.

The dad was a mopol. A after so trials and failed attempt to make this dude useful, they dumped him in the police force.

What do you think will happen to him people he was employed to protect? Your guess is as good as mine.

4 Likes

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by SimplePlan34: 7:44pm On Apr 18, 2019
Technology would only make life easier but would take away jobs

1 Like

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by OLRAYS(m): 7:46pm On Apr 18, 2019
candlewax:
I have if interested message me via WhatsApp 08173070403.
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by AnthonyAk(m): 7:50pm On Apr 18, 2019
thats it , learn javascript then either Angular React or Vue , then mix with either Node Js , Php or Java. Things are already happening sha
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Cargoed: 7:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
They should solve international issues not local that is the only way they can brew a healthy eco system.

1) Blockchain Solutions
2) Autonomous Driving Solutions
3) Stemcell research and solutions
4) Renewable Energy Solutions
5) Greenhouse and Organic Farming Tech
6) Worldwide poverty alleviation solutions
7) E-commerce and logistics Solutions
cool AI Solutions
9) Educational Tech
10) Wearable Tech and 3dprinting

Let them collaborate in doing this not go it alone, then they will contribute to world development.

3 Likes

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by IDERAWOLE(m): 8:07pm On Apr 18, 2019
candlewax:

Check my signature below for a good farmland without any omo onile wahala.

You can call or chat via same number.

Wish you all the best.

If you're in Lagos, and you don't mind, you can enjoy a free seminar this coming Sunday 21st April, time ,7.30am to 8.30am at Daystar Christian Centre, Ikosi road , Oregun Lagos. Admission is free.

Give me a shout on arrival if you're coming.

1 Like

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Ozkar: 8:11pm On Apr 18, 2019
How are these tech innovations?

1 Like

Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by don4real18(m): 8:15pm On Apr 18, 2019
futurism:

Let me tell you a story.

A guy was a thug during his secondary school days. He stole his mother's money in my present when I visited the school day.

The dad was a mopol. A after so trials and failed attempt to make this dude useful, they dumped him in the police force.

What do you think will happen to him people he was employed to protect? Your guess is as good as mine.
People change with time
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by Nobody: 8:24pm On Apr 18, 2019
smiley wink
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by abdeiz(m): 8:25pm On Apr 18, 2019
kemicalreaction:
I have a great passion for ecommerce but no funds embarassed

Hey bro if you don't mind I'd like to hear what you have in mind.
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by wink2015(m): 8:29pm On Apr 18, 2019
Revolva:
High unemployment, especially among the youths, has negative consequences on the economy of the country and population. Finding the right solution to this problem isn’t an easy thing to do. It requires the cooperation and contribution of everyone. Fortunately, technology may be able to provide some solutions. Here are some tech innovations that can help tackle youth unemployment in Nigeria.

Investment in IT infrastructure

Good technology infrastructure is the most important requirement for any technology-based solution. It is crucial to invest more in good internet connection, computer and mobile equipment, and other IT-related supports. All these can be harnessed to train and retrain young Nigerians on relevant digital skills.

Technology in schools

The importance of technology in African schools and universities is central. Many local schools have poor access to computers and the Internet. It is significant to integrate technology into school curricula. Technology is evolving rapidly and the demand for digitally skilled workforce will continue to grow in the future. Technology skilled workers have less trouble finding the right job or taking advantage of business opportunities in Nigeria and beyond.

eCommerce

eCommerce has grown significantly over the years in Nigeria. It was ably pioneered by Jumia, Nigeria's no 1 shopping destination. The eCommerce platform has empowered many entrepreneurs by connecting them with millions of consumers across Nigeria and they are able to earn a living. Beyond this, many young Nigerians have seized the opportunities presented by the ecommerce .

Using mobile technology

Fighting youth unemployment with mobile phones sounds like a questionable approach. However, mobile technology could be the right solution. The power of mobile technology is often underrated. You just need a mobile phone with a sim card and it can be used to connect employers and job seekers via SMS. Unemployed individuals would receive an SMS notification about available jobs and they could reply by sending their skills and experience.

Online education

E-learning platforms are one of the most popular forms of education today. Studying has never been easier and accessible. It provides access to quality study materials in the world. There are unlimited resources for free training materials on the internet. You just need an internet connection and a computer. You can leverage this to hone your skills and use it to apply for available jobs.

http://giditechlab.com/tech-innovations-that-can-help-tackle-youth-unemployment-in-nigeria/

Nice share !
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by SirLakes: 8:30pm On Apr 18, 2019
don4real18:

People change with time
That one canor change for good
If they put am for school of theology good change fit happen

Naija police !! Haha, e be like say na Yankee you dey smiley
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by wman(m): 8:40pm On Apr 18, 2019
Nonsense.

Crap, crap, crap. Nothing new or innovative about this article. All these have been existing before.

You could have mentioned in-demand tech skills, freelancing websites that allow youths to work remotely, tech skills that can be acquired on a smartphone, etc.
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by stanliwise(m): 9:51pm On Apr 18, 2019
Ejimagifty:
your point is actually pointless.
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by stanliwise(m): 9:53pm On Apr 18, 2019
Cargoed:
They should solve international issues not local that is the only way they can brew a healthy eco system.

1) Blockchain Solutions
2) Autonomous Driving Solutions
3) Stemcell research and solutions
4) Renewable Energy Solutions
5) Greenhouse and Organic Farming Tech
6) Worldwide poverty alleviation solutions
7) E-commerce and logistics Solutions
cool AI Solutions
9) Educational Tech
10) Wearable Tech and 3dprinting

Let them collaborate in doing this not go it alone, then they will contribute to world development.
witb what resources? with what tech experts? Please be realistic.
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by gracefoundmme(m): 9:56pm On Apr 18, 2019
candlewax:
Hey bro of you interested let's discuss
Re: Tech Innovations That Can Help Tackle Youth Unemployment In Nigeria by xperiencelove(m): 10:02pm On Apr 18, 2019
dheaven:
Good idea but implementing it is the problem.
You can start from somewhere. If you truly have passion for it, you won't believe how successful you will be in ICT in ten years to come.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Police Recruitment: Date For JAMB Exam, Centres Released / Is Nigeria Customs Services Currently On Replacement Recruitment ? / GE Nigeria Graduate & Experienced Job Recruitment (10 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.