Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,772 members, 7,837,786 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 10:48 AM

The Best Thing About Self-publishing - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Best Thing About Self-publishing (205 Views)

If You Want To Know More About Self Awareness And Empowerment...click Here Now! / Best Thing I Learnt From School (pics Attached) / Being A Vegan Is The Best Thing To Happen To Any Human (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Best Thing About Self-publishing by BizLifeE: 7:44am On Apr 19, 2019
I was sick of it.

Every book publisher (Wiley, Penguin, HarperCollins, Hay House, etc.) said the same thing: “We’re great at marketing. We’ll take care of it for you.”

Then when it came time to publish the book, they all said something like, “So I guess you should start tweeting it out. We don’t do that.”

Then I would say, “Can you get me on any TV shows, radio shows, etc.?” And they would always say, “No, no. You have to do that. We have too many authors to do it for all of them.”

And I would ask, “Are we having a book party? Can you put an ad in the paper? Can you send to an email list?”

“No, no, no. You have to do that,” they’d say.

So what were they doing? I was giving them 85% of my royalties. What exactly were they doing for me?

Answer: nothing. Their editors were terrible. My second book published (out of 19) had a ton of grammatical errors. In one book, the editor rewrote some things, which led to factual errors.

The cover designs were awful. The publishers always negotiated final cover approval, so I had no say.

Finally, I decided I needed to take over.

Please read more here: https://jamesaltucher.com/blog/the-best-thing-about-self-publishing/?utm_source=email&utm_source=email&utm_medium=website-link&utm_term=04162019&utm_content=&utm_campaign=self-publishing&r=ATC

Perfect Money/Payeer/Epay/Neteller/Skrill: ItuGlobal
Re: The Best Thing About Self-publishing by AjalaJ(m): 9:33am On Apr 20, 2019
A life changing post like this is not popular among students. Alas!

(1) (Reply)

Do You Need The Services Of A Certified Part Time ICT Instructor? / Education Is A Wise Response To Boko Haram Terrorism - President Buhari / Australia Dream Travel!. Naija Aussie Connect

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.