Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,087 members, 7,852,686 topics. Date: Friday, 07 June 2024 at 12:12 AM

Unlimited Favour Of God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Unlimited Favour Of God (320 Views)

Church Of England Votes In Favour Of Blessings For Same-sex Unions (pics) / Sika Bofo Opens Money Ritual Church In Ghana, Jesus Favour Chapel International / Hot 20 Prayer Points For Divine Mercy And Favour You Should Know (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Unlimited Favour Of God by nicoOfTheNight: 11:27am On Apr 19, 2019
UNLIMITED FAVOUR OF GOD
Gen 27: 27-29
"Ah, the smell of my son is like the smell of a field that the Lord has blessed.28 May God give you of heaven's due and of earth's richness-an abundance of grain and new wine. 29 May nations serve you and peoples bow down to you. Be Lord over your brothers and may the sons of your mother bow down to you. May those who curse you be cursed and those who bless you be blessed"

Favour is the attainment of a position or level not deserved. In the dialogue in our reference text (Genesis 27:27-29). A man (Isaac) was coming to the end of a blessed or flavoured life. He wanted to bless his favourite of his two sons (Esau and Jacob. Scripture says he loved Esau). And so he set him on a task to prepare one final game (wild meat) before he gets his blessing (favour). Now, Esau wasn't loved by bias, the Bible says he was a hunter. Now the man:beast ratio was unhealthy, besides there was no sophisticated weapon. He was hardworking and brave (gen 25: 27). He (Esau) was a "real man" and every father's dream. You know, self-reliant and independent 20-something banker who is tongue-speaking and seems to do everything right.
How about the other dude (Jacob)? In today's world he would be called "lazy" and "unimaginative". (gen 25:27). I mean, which man stays at home and does nothing but cook (gen 25:29) and tries to get what he doesn't deserve through hook and crook.
But,... But God's choice is sovereign. Pst E. A. Adeboye says "God does as he pleases".
When the mother of the two boys (Rebekah) was pregnant with them, the Lord told her in Genesis 25:23 "... The older will serve the younger".
So who was Isaac blessing in our reference scripture(gen 27:27-29)? Your best guess would be Esau because Jacob didn't have the heart to hunt for wild games... But no! It was Jacob. He took the domestic goat at the backyard and gave his mother to prepare. It didn't stop there, his mother put Esau's clothes on him so that Esau's smell would be on Jacob (gen 27: 6-17)
The question is does His justify wrong?
Gen 27:13 " his mother said to him, "my son, let the curse fall on me. Just do what I say go get them for me." that's the reason why Jacob was favoured. Someone stood in the gap to take all the curse for all the wrongs he did. When you steal N20 million, you get a blessing and a curse and with time, the curse will overshadow the blessing; the internet fraudsters, the corrupt government official, the corrupt academic and the crook bankers, they build houses, drive the best cars, go on luxurious private trips, etc but it's only for awhile due to a curse of sin. But imagine if you did all corrupt practices available and got away with it because someone turned himself in to the financial crime investigator on your behalf with no strings attached. Now, that's the real Jacobian (mathematicians, you know)
Now, Galatians 3:13 says,
"Christ redeemed us from the curse of the law by becoming a curse for us, for it is written "cursed is everyone who is hung on a tree"
If you want to know what true disfavour is, Deuteronomy 28 says God will so curse you that the nicest man in a country would cook the flesh of his children to eat. Similarly, the most virtuous woman would secretly boil her children for supper.
Christ Jesus stood in the gap for you like Rebekah did for her son.
You were meant and are still going to suffer, but Christ Jesus has taken your curses so that the blessings of Abraham may come and overtake you.
Why not confess and acknowledge Him by saying "Lord Jesus, I am sorry for ignoring you all these years, I accept you as my personal Lord and Saviour and thank you that your blood shed on the cross has wiped away every curse of the devil in my life. "

PRAYER POINT(S)
1. Rebekah stood in the gap for Jacob (gen 27:6). You too can stand in the gap now for that son, daughter, friend, relative... Come on, say like this... " I plead the blood of Jesus for ________. Please bless that fellow, please forgive him/her for he/she knows not what he/she does".

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Macdonald E.E Sound Fulani Herdsmen Prophecy Fulfilled / Ancient History / God Gave Me MFM Vision In One-room Apartment –olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.