Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,443 members, 7,819,639 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

"Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" (36274 Views)

Never Allow Your Wife To Pay Rent. / I’m Tired Of Having Sex With You – Man Tells Neighbour’s Wife / I Will Never Allow Peace To Reign In My Family (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by 247naijamedia: 12:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
A Nigerian man on Facebook has advised men to ensure that their wife is never more successful than them.

Echezona Enebeli said it's OK for a man to support his wife but he should never do so to the extent that she becomes richer than him.

He wrote: "You can never know the true color of a woman until she starts making more money than her man..... she will even expect the man's entire family to be worshiping her..

"The word 'SUBMISSION' does not exist in the dictionary of a successful woman...

"Therefore....umunwoke ibem.....the antidote for the above scenario is not to ever allow your wife to be more successful than you.....

"Support her...yes... but dont ever allow her to be richer than you..."

In a separate post, he criticized women who expect their husbands to do domestic chores, writing:

"Women of nowadays have really lost it.....
How could a well brought up woman...who knows the values of tradition and the place of the man in the family...expect her husband to be involved in domestic chores...especially in the kitchen department.......
What are the women of this generation turning our men into.....

"I really dont get it...."

https://www.everyvibes.com.ng/2019/04/Never-Allow-Your-Wife-To-Be-More-Successful-Than-You-Man-Nigerians-React.html

8 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by 247naijamedia: 12:09pm On Apr 19, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Lordvaryx: 12:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
He's right and said nothing but the bitter truth. Women can't even be successful and respect their father, let alone their man.

But the question is; Where are the successful women? Let us see them first before deciding on what to do with them.

Or are these ladies studying iceblock and millipede engineering in school with the
hope to end in a man's kitchen the ones we are talking about?

153 Likes 16 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 12:11pm On Apr 19, 2019
He simply means, BUY SUBMISSION.

Why then do they cry when some women say they do not want broke men?

I don't even know why people are attacking him, he only said the mind of lots of Nigerian men. Wasn't it on this same Nairaland that one went on a 2k date, only to come back emasculated because the girl gave herself a treat.

If you see the average Nigerian man talking about his worth in a relationship, it ends at MONEY. If you see his female counterpart talking her own, it ends at WIFELY DUTIES (sex and domestic chores).

The man is scared of the woman having more money, because he will lose his hold, since he knows he has nothing else. The woman is scared of the man being a hit and run because she wonders how many more will hit and run.

Outside these things, they are totally clueless and useless to someone who desires and wants more.

187 Likes 20 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
he's right cool

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by richidinho(m): 12:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
Painful truth

42 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by 247naijamedia: 12:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Seun
lalasticala
mynd44
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 12:19pm On Apr 19, 2019
Lordvaryx:
The question is; Where are the successful women? Let us see them first before deciding on what to do with them.

Or at these ladies studying iceblock and millipede engineering in school the ones we are talking about?

None in your family? smiley

124 Likes 9 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by SageMK: 12:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
Some people have been doomed from birth to roam the internet without sense & MTN are not helping matters.

This is utter nonsense. I completely disagree with him.

Yes, money tends to make people want to be in control, but a good wife will never disrespect her husband or her in-laws simply because she earns more cash than him!

Men should encourage their wives to earn more.
They shouldn't limit her or cage her.

And if her income becomes bigger —
You should be proud of her.

There's no individuality in marriage.
It's for the benefits of all involve.
And It doesn't make you less of a man or a husband.

69 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by JONNYSPUTE(m): 12:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
In marriage there's nothing like MY but Ours. So she's free to make all the money

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by 247naijamedia: 12:47pm On Apr 19, 2019
lalasticala
mynd44
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Macnnoli4(m): 12:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
It is unfortunate some igbo people have this retrogressive mentality. Even the university in the east, I am schooling in, a good number of males are against having a female SUG President, busy citing that a man is the head of a home.

36 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 19, 2019
Bush man's mentality but again, sad experience must have made him think the way he did.
Some ladies, as soon as they receive their first paychecks as Registered Nurses, they start to disrespect everyone including their husbands forgetting that their husbands have been receiving same paychecks for long time without causing drama at homes.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 1:10pm On Apr 19, 2019
It is partly true but not in every home. Some wives are richer than their hubby but they are submissive. They are few Anyway.

13 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by shaybebaby(f): 1:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
AntiBrutus:

None in your family? smiley
Why is there so much savagery in your post? grin

Throwing knockouts like its going out of fashion, dia is God oooo

37 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 1:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
I concur

8 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by 247naijamedia: 1:43pm On Apr 19, 2019
Cc: lalasticala
Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by victorian(f): 2:29pm On Apr 19, 2019
No need getting angry at him.
He's saying the mind of most Nigerian men.

A typical Nigerian men detest marrying successful women ,it's a well known fact people rarely talk about.

Imagine a suitor telling me last two weeks, I should promise to give him all my earnings in my business. Because he said earlier I won't be submissive in marriage with the way he sees me in his spirit and giving him everything means I will be a submissive wife.

I laughed so hard. cheesy

I was like really? Don't worry I will even hand over my company to you, so u and your spirit will become satisfied I'm submissive enough. Don't worry that will be your wedding gift from me to you.

Ole! Come carry o! Because you were there when I was suffering and building my career up. Na you and your papa train me for school and gimme capital to start afterwards. Nonsense!
Smhhhhhh

Aye ma ni ka o!

80 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Jman06(m): 2:37pm On Apr 19, 2019
Many Nigerian ladies support this man's opinion either directly or indirectly.

Eg is Amtarasha

3 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Preshy561(f): 2:46pm On Apr 19, 2019
Just pray to marry a good woman.
There are many homes today being funded by the wife and the family is still very peaceful.

The woman's action can be justified if the man is lazy and not attempting to go further to enhance his career and help in building the family.
No woman will be happy seeing her husband spending her money on bars and women, cos, that's what hopeless men, who has lost sight and hope in their future do.
So, most times, these actions by their husbands breeds hate or scornful attitude from the wife.

Honestly, many Nigerian home today are being run by the women, but you won't hear their voice cos they still want to protect the image of the husband.

At the end, pray for a good woman who will help build the family and who you can fall back on when the chips are down.
Whether she's richer than you or not.

101 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Preshy561(f): 2:48pm On Apr 19, 2019
victorian:

A typical Nigerian men detest marrying successful women ,it's a well known fact people rarely talk about.

Imagine a suitor telling me last two weeks, I should promise to give him all my earnings in my business. Because he said earlier I won't be submissive in marriage with the way he sees me in his spirit and giving him everything means I will be a submissive wife.

I was like really? Don't worry I will even hand over my company to you, so u and your spirit will become satisfied I'm submissive enough. Don't worry that will be your wedding gift from me to you.

Ole! Come carry o! Because you were there when I was suffering and building my career up. Na you and your papa train me for school and gimme capital to start afterwards. Nonsense!
Smhhhhhh

Aye ma ni ka o!
Always telling your life stories whether real or fake.
You get issue. Tomorrow we go hear seh your son deh abroad.
Jisike.

66 Likes 4 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by dukeprince50: 2:49pm On Apr 19, 2019
my wife cannot be more successful than I am, if she works overnight, I'll work overnight and over day, If she works 24hours in a day, I'll work 48hours in a day, (don't ask me how that is possible)
If she becomes a Dangote, I'll become a Billgate, if she becomes Billgate, I'll become Billgate+Prince Saheed+Beezos. If she owns a private jet, I'll own an airport.
If she owns a submarine, brother I'll buy Atlantic.
If my wife wants to b successful, no problem, but to be more successful than I am? She may be more successful than I am sha but she will need to be very successful and remove all limitations that hold women cos I go compete shege comot for ur eyes.

96 Likes 7 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 2:51pm On Apr 19, 2019
victorian:

Smhhhhhh

Aye ma ni ka o!
But I thought that you are already married

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 2:52pm On Apr 19, 2019
Preshy561:

Always telling your life stories whether real or fake.
You get issue. Tomorrow we go hear seh your son deh abroad.
Jisike.

grin grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 2:54pm On Apr 19, 2019
dukeprince50:
my wife cannot be more successful than I am, if she works overnight, I'll work overnight and over day, If she works 24hours in a day, I'll work 48hours in a day, (don't ask me how that is possible)
If she becomes a Dangote, I'll become a Billgate, if she becomes Billgate, I'll become Billgate+Prince Saheed+Beezos. If she owns a private jet, I'll own an airport.
If she owns a submarine, brother I'll buy Atlantic

Because you came to earth to compete undecided

42 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Jman06(m): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
Preshy561:
Always telling your life stories whether real or fake. You get issue. Tomorrow we go hear seh your son deh abroad. Jisike.
Lol

E be like you and victorian get beef before

5 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by aanuoluwami14(f): 2:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
Enemy of progress, them plenty for Nigeria. Oniranu

6 Likes

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Daeylar(f): 2:58pm On Apr 19, 2019
Not surprising.
That's how many of them think.

I don't like this submission of a thing and will never subscribe to it because the men and husbands who swear by it never want to submit to their wives if submission was such a good thing as they claim.
However I would assume that if a woman really wants to "submit" to you. She would do so because she believes you are worth it.
Not because you're using your money to control and lord over her.

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by LordKO(m): 3:02pm On Apr 19, 2019
OP and his ilk - both male and female ilk - deserve no peace and progress. Balderdash at its peak.

Success never makes one with an aristocratic manner bad, instead it helps make the person more refined.

33 Likes 5 Shares

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by Nobody: 3:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
This is how they kill themselves.

Keep dying because of pride, we will enjoy your wealth, the children's success with another man. LOBATAN

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: "Never Allow Your Wife To Be More Successful Than You" - Man "Nigerians React" by lincsnuel: 3:18pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmm... Truer words have never been spoken!

The two things women can't manage well are:
1. Money
2. Power or Independence

When they have any of these, she starts misbehaving (There are few exceptions tho)

But make the man take am easy oo... Cos na like this witchcraft dey start oo. If your wife earns higher than you, never try to bring her down instead, let it encourage you to work harder and up your hustle.

16 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Burial Poster Of The Woman That Died With Her Baby In The Onitsha Fire Incident / Can One Slap His Wife In This Case? / Three (3) Financial Moves To Make Before Getting Married

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.