Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,932 members, 7,852,133 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 01:05 PM

Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) (533 Views)

Salaries: ASUU Wins As Court Says FG Wrong Over IPPIS / Many Are Married But Only A Few Can Understand This Math Is A Language(mr Shape) / If You Get This Then You Have An IQ above Average (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 4:22pm On Apr 19, 2019
Find the exert area (X) of the square PNMQ.
Let us see the first to get the connection, then we can learn from him/her.
What a man can do woman can do better
Equal rights and equal responsibilities
What ever is your slogan, please solve.
FG is insinuating that most of you can't do this, don't tell me their research is accurate.
Prove them wrong!
"Every shape must be solved"
The men are not left out anyway.

Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 4:30pm On Apr 19, 2019
Anyone?
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by EbukaHades10(m): 5:14pm On Apr 19, 2019
Not saying I can do it but if any female here can do it, she deserves an award.

How many of them can do it?

Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:12pm On Apr 19, 2019
Hmmm no one?
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
The difficulty level of this is low,
You ladies should not fall our hand
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 6:55pm On Apr 19, 2019
grin

X = 16 units².

@ifada123, I will use this month and next to learn basic geometry. I must conquer all your shapes.
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:03pm On Apr 19, 2019
Martinez39:
grin

X = 16 units².

@ifada123, I will use this month and next to learn basic geometry. I must conquer all your shapes.
OK sir "every shape must be solved"
That's one of my l anthem
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:07pm On Apr 19, 2019
Martinez39:
grin

X = 16 units².

Not correct try again
The area of the full quadrant is
1/4 x22/7×√10×√10=7.8539cm^2
So that square will have lesser area.
Try again sir
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 7:17pm On Apr 19, 2019
ifada123:

Not correct try again
The area of the full quadrant is
1/4 x22/7×√10×√10=7.8539cm^2
So that square will have lesser area.
Try again sir
Sorry, I made a mistake. I erroneously squared my answer.

X = 4 units².

1 Like

Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
Martinez39:

X = 4 units².
Very correct
Show them workings
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:53pm On Apr 19, 2019
Martinez39:

X = 4 units².
Show workings so that people will learn from you sir
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 8:08pm On Apr 19, 2019
ifada123:

Show workings so that people will learn from you sir
|PO| = |OQ| = a
|PO|² + |OQ|² = |PQ|² , let |PQ| = y
2a² = y², therefore a = y/√2
The distance d from O to the midpoint of |PQ| is
d = a Cos (π/4) = y/2
The distance s from O to the midpoint of |NM| is
s = y/2 + y = 3y/2

Length of chord |NM| is
|NM| = 2 √(R² - s²) , R = √10
y = 2√(10 - 9y²/4)
y² = 4(10 - 9y²/4) = 40 - 9y²
10y² = 40
Therefore y² = 4 units²
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 9:04pm On Apr 19, 2019
Martinez39:
|PO| = |OQ| = a
|PO|² + |OQ|² = |PQ|² , let |PQ| = y
2a² = y², therefore a = y/√2
The distance d from O to the midpoint of |PQ| is
d = a Cos (π/4) = y/2
The distance s from O to the midpoint of |NM| is
s = y/2 + y = 3y/2

Length of chord |NM| is
|NM| = 2 √(R² - s²) , R = √10
y = 2√(10 - 9y²/4)
y² = 4(10 - 9y²/4) = 40 - 9y²
10y² = 40
Therefore y² = 4 units²
Good one
You can also use cosune rule,
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 9:32pm On Apr 19, 2019
It is unfortunate that no female can answer this,
FG maybe correct, "most of them are not doing well in maths"
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 20, 2019
EbukaHades10:
Not saying I can do it but if any female here can do it, she deserves an award.

How many of them can do it?
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Nobody: 3:25am On Apr 20, 2019
This whole thread is sexist undecided.
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Nobody: 3:30am On Apr 20, 2019
@ifada123 maybe you can start posting proof based geometry questions.
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:29am On Apr 20, 2019
Darivie04:
@ifada123 maybe you can start posting proof based geometry questions.
Geometry Right?
I have them too, is like you are very good at it,
I will post one today.
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by Nobody: 6:59am On Apr 20, 2019
ifada123:

Geometry Right?
I have them too, is like you are very good at it,
I will post one today.
Out of all the basic mathematics subjects Geometry/Shapes is probably my weakest but your problems are always fun to try.
Re: Shape Of The Today; Find The Exert Area ,the Females Prove FG Wrong (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:18am On Apr 20, 2019
Darivie04:

Out of all the basic mathematics subjects Geometry/Shapes is probably my weakest but your problems are always fun to try.
Thank you sir,
I will keep them coming

(1) (Reply)

Meet Amusuo Paschal, Futo's Best Male Graduating Student / Meet The Newly Elected Principal Officers Of SUG 7th Senate In UNICAL (Photo) / NLNG Scholarship 2019

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.