Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,419 members, 7,850,491 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 10:51 PM

Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) (747 Views)

Many Are Married But Only A Few Can Understand This Math Is A Language(mr Shape) / Just Got This From South Africa Let's See D First Nigerian To Get It (mr Shape) / If You Get This Then You Have An IQ above Average (mr Shape) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:53am On Apr 20, 2019
Someone sent this to me two days ago.

If you have any idea to solve this drop it

If you know you can solve it

1 Share

Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 9:37am On Apr 20, 2019
Anyone?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by MacMath(m): 2:25pm On Apr 20, 2019
where is the"semicircle" ?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 2:34pm On Apr 20, 2019
MacMath:

Two quadrant of same radius make a semicircle.
Did you get?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 5:48pm On Apr 20, 2019
Anyone?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:46pm On Apr 20, 2019
Should I bring solution?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 7:39pm On Apr 20, 2019
Lol
This shape has turn to work and pass.
No attempt?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 6:28am On Apr 21, 2019
Anyone?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 10:35am On Apr 21, 2019
This is still available anyone
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Nobody: 11:25am On Apr 21, 2019
ifada123:
This is still available anyone

I think the answer is a/2 but my solution might be wrong.
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 1:36pm On Apr 21, 2019
Darivie04:

I think the answer is a/2 but my solution might be wrong.
Not correct sir, you try for making attempt,
I will prepare solution soon, just keep an eye on the post,
Before 7pm I will make solution.
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Nobody: 5:47pm On Apr 21, 2019
I know you can extend those two curves to form two circles but I think I lack the experience to finish it
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by femi4: 6:33pm On Apr 21, 2019
Length of chord = a/2√2 * 2 = a/√2 = a√2/2
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 9:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
femi4:
No sir,
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 11:25pm On Apr 21, 2019
femi4:
Darivie04:
I know you can extend those two curves to form two circles but I think I lack the experience to finish it
MacMath:
?=3a/5

Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 11:26pm On Apr 21, 2019
Look forward to my next shape sirs
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 11:40pm On Apr 21, 2019
Feel free to ask questions on were it is not clear or places were you have contrary views,
I will be glad to help.
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 1:06am On Apr 22, 2019
@ifada123

? = (15/7)a

My working is not basic and lengthy so I can't show it here. I used algebra and calculus and I cross-checked my workings many times. Can you show your workings?

Edit: I have seen your working. The assumption that |BC| = |CF| is wrong. It renders your result invalid.
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 1:52am On Apr 22, 2019
Martinez39:
@ifada123

? = (15/7)a

My working is not basic and lengthy so I can't show it here. I used algebra and calculus and I cross-checked my workings many times. Can you show your workings?

Edit: I have seen your working. The assumption that |GA| = |GF| is wrong. It renders your result invalid.
|GAl and |GF| are tangents to the small circle which intersect at G so the lines are equal,
Check this out
Thus the assumption is correct Sir

Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 1:57am On Apr 22, 2019
ifada123:

|GAl and |GF| are tangents to the small circle which intersect at G so the lines are equal,
|GA| is a tangent but |GF| is not necessarily a tangent. |GF| will be a tangent is it passes through the centre of the small circle. How do you know that it passes through the centre of the small circle?

Even if both are tangents, they will not necessarily be equal. It is possible for both to be tangents and still not be equal. The methods I used in algebra and calculus made no assumptions and went straight to the point. I cross-checked my workings many times and the length of the chord is (15/7)a units.
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 2:02am On Apr 22, 2019
ifada123:

Check this out
You are correct. I was referring to another line segment. My bad.

1 Like

Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 2:04am On Apr 22, 2019
Martinez39:
|GA| is a tangent but |GF| is not necessarily a tangent. |GF| will be a tangent is it passes through the centre of the small circle. How do you know that it passes through the centre of the small circle?

Even if both are tangents, they will not necessarily be equal. It is possible for both to be tangents and still not be equal. The methods I used in algebra and calculus made no assumptions and went straight to the point. I cross-checked my workings many times and the length of the chord is (15/7)a units.
Tangent only touch a point in the circle, so no assumption in it
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 2:05am On Apr 22, 2019
Martinez39:
You are correct. I was referring to another line segment. My bad.
Ok thank you sir,
Look forward to my next shape by later today
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 2:08am On Apr 22, 2019
ifada123:

Ok thank you sir,
Look forward to my next shape by later today
How do you know that |BC| = |CF|? the point of intersection is not necessarily the centre of the small circle. I guess that's where you got it wrong. What say you?
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 2:16am On Apr 22, 2019
Martinez39:
How do you know that |BC| = |CF|? the point of intersection is not necessarily the centre of the small circle. I guess that's where you got it wrong. What say you?
Tangents on the center of a circle (formed by diameter) will never intersect, they are parallel
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 2:21am On Apr 22, 2019
ifada123:

Tangents on the center of a circle (formed by diameter) will never intersect, they are parallel
You are indeed the master of shapes. Tuale. Bring more shapes.

1 Like

Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by Martinez39(m): 2:25am On Apr 22, 2019
IFADA123: THE MASTER OF SHAPES

Ifada, Ifada, Ifada
Tell me who the hell is your father.
With the shape questions you gather,
Yout make our brains think harder.

I salute the master of shapes. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 2:29am On Apr 22, 2019
Martinez39:
IFADA123: THE MASTER OF SHAPES

Ifada, Ifada, Ifada
Tell me who the hell is your father.
With the shape questions you gather,
Yout make our brains think harder.
Together we are stronger!

I salute the master of shapes. grin
Smile
your rymes bust my brain
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 2:30am On Apr 22, 2019
Martinez39:
You are indeed the master of shapes. Tuale. Bring more shapes.
I will bring more later in the day sir.
Re: Any Idea To Solve This Drop It, Shape is Beautiful, Try This Out (mr Shape) by ifada123: 8:27am On Apr 22, 2019
SOLVED SOLVED SOLVED

(1) (Reply)

20 Questions For Prof. Ishaq Oloyede: UTME 2019 / Please Help Me, I Am Really Confused / These New Ahmadu Bello University Dress Codes Will Shock You!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.