Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,596 members, 7,823,586 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 12:01 PM

FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 (21449 Views)

CMS Lagos Without Keke And Okada, Looks Like This (Photos) / How Has The Ban On Keke And Okada In Lagos Affected You? / The Following Are The Countries Already In 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by obafemee80(m): 6:20pm On Apr 20, 2019

The Minister of Transportation, Mr Rotimi Amaechi,on Thursday, announced Federal Governments plans to introduce solar-powered tricycles and motorcycles into the Nigerian transport system in 2019.

He disclosed this at the swearing-in ceremony of newly elected executives of Amalgamated Commercial Tricycle & Motorcycle Owners, Repairs and Riders Association of Nigeria (ACOMORAN) in Abuja.

The minister, who was represented by Dr Anthonia Ekpa, Director, Road Transport and Mass Transit Administration of the Ministry, said the initiative would solve the fuel challenges faced by motorcycles and tricycles riders.

“What we have done is to ensure that we introduce into the Nigeria environment, solar-powered tricycles, we are going to introduce into the sector tricycles that will not need to use fuel and also electric tricycles.

“I want to use this opportunity to also say that we have put it in the 2018 budget to be implemented in 2019 because in the 2018 budget we have what we called green transportation, which under it we have the solar-powered tricycles.

“We also have in the 2018 budget what we called amphibious vehicles, which is going to be in form of a tricycles which can be used on water and on land for those of you in the riverine areas, we hope to purchase that in 2019.”

He, however, said that road transport remains the most critical and accessible to all Nigerians, urging the new ACOMORAN president to ensure that his members obey all traffic laws.

Nice Move? What Do You Think?

https://autojosh.com/federal-government-to-introduce-solar-powered-keke-marwa-and-motorcycles-in-2019/

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by humblemoi: 6:26pm On Apr 20, 2019
Hmmmm

FTC!

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by NothingDoMe: 2:14am On Apr 21, 2019
Is he sure?

Thinking about it, reduced dependence on petrol also reduces importation volume and subsidy.

Hmmmm........

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Amuocha: 7:03am On Apr 21, 2019
Useless move.

Get existing Keke
Mount solar panel on the top.
Get one inverter of 0.9 KVA
Put one dry cell battery 100 mAH
Connect the following: kick starter, full lamp, sound system and rear lights.
Carry and Go angry

41 Likes 3 Shares

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Wiseandtrue(f): 5:53pm On Apr 21, 2019
obafemee80:

I want to use this opportunity to also say that we have put it in the 2018 budget to be implemented in 2019 because in the 2018 budget we have what we called green transportation, which under it we have the solar-powered tricycles.

“We also have in the 2018 budget what we called amphibious vehicles, which is going to be in form of a tricycles which can be used on water and on land for those of you in the riverine areas, we hope to purchase that in 2019.”

https://autojosh.com/federal-government-to-introduce-solar-powered-keke-marwa-and-motorcycles-in-2019/

A very good step in the right direction!!! Make it affordable and map out easy payment plan for the masses!!!

Unlike the scholarship scandal, Amaechi is about to start this 2nd tenure well wink

Good job!!!

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by mytime24(f): 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Watching wit 7D

#toobig angry

Hope say bad guyz no go thief or break am Sha embarassed

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by mosho2good: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
U will be dating your girl and some random idiot will just mention marriage to her... all of a sudden she'll start behaving like traffic lights.
Then she'll start asking U questions like "where is this relationship heading".....
Siaaaa its going to Up station ..

28 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Nobody: 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
Nice kiss

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Daviddson(m): 5:54pm On Apr 21, 2019
I think it's totally anti-developmental to continue using these disgusting tricycles in 2019. They ought to be phased out just the same way bikes have been phased out in many state capitals and Lagos is planning on bringing an end to the era of Danfo buses.

5 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by MackyNaija(m): 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
As usual, another move of retrogression by our government.

Way forwards, get power stable in the country, build trams instead.

Keke... 1724 AD method of transportation.

8 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by etrouble: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Amuocha:
Useless move.

Get existing Keke
Carry and Go angry

When is your model coming out? Talk is cheap. One person that I believe so much in is Rotimi Amaech, he helped kick out Mama Piss and her drunk husband, he delivered Kaduna-Abuja railway which the ineffectual buffoon started, he delivered Warri-Itakpe railway which was abandoned for about 35 years, he is few weeks away from delivering Lagos-Ibadan railway. Why wont I trust in then?

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Nlolodo: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Dead on arrival

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Nobody: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
[quote author=Wiseandtrue post=77736938][/quote] Waiting for your useless hate filled trash?
Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Pavore9: 5:55pm On Apr 21, 2019
Amuocha:
Useless move.

Get existing Keke
Carry and Go angry

Insightful.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by kehinde2436(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Indeed a welcome development that the country needs.

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by chinavs9ja(m): 5:56pm On Apr 21, 2019
Let us see it first...I no believe paper talk

I am a website designer...check my signature if you need a professional website

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by HitSong: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Rubbish

Solar panels with fake battery that won't even last for 6 months.
Another way to steal money

Just like tradermoni

Mr. Integrity just keeps changing colors.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Kaceman(m): 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
I thought they want to sell their fuel

Ekweremadu said, “Besides, in economic sense, we are an oil producing country. So, we should do everything possible to frustrate the sale of electric cars in Nigeria to enable us to sell our oil.”

2 Likes

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Naijaguy123: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Heat heat heat
Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Sleevia: 5:58pm On Apr 21, 2019
Somebody is about to Hammer!

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Sleevia: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
etrouble:

When is your model coming out? Talk is cheap.
who told you talk is cheap?

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
Confused Nigerians grin

A country whose electricity makes a 3 seconds man jealous grin grin grin grin

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Apr 21, 2019
angry
Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by oluwasegun007(m): 6:00pm On Apr 21, 2019
On which road

The innovator have not been to Lagos to see crazy traffic coupled with bad road.. Lubbish

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by etrouble: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Sleevia:
who told you talk is cheap?

Sorry, talking rubbish on the internet cost money for data purchase.
Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Nobody: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
Imagine solar panel on top keke until stone touch am.

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Wiseandtrue(f): 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
kemicalreaction:
Waiting for your useless hate filled trash?
I will not be a zombie to please you or anyone for that matter, I will always be as objective as a true analyst will always be!!!

Surely you don't expect me to call white, black undecided

kemicalreaction:
Call it
I no fit my dear!!! I no be zombie

Look for your fellow zombies and give them the task!!!

1 Like

Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Akam2019: 6:01pm On Apr 21, 2019
final looting
Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by stagger: 6:03pm On Apr 21, 2019
MackyNaija:
As usual, another move of retrogression by our government.

Way forwards, get power stable in the country, build trams instead.

Keke... 1724 AD method of transportation.

In how many centuries will your plan come to fruition? Is it not better to start with the lowest hanging fruits?
Re: FG To Introduce Solar-Powered Keke And Motorcycles In 2019 by Mutemenot(m): 6:04pm On Apr 21, 2019
Na you go hear keke rider saying; oga make we push am sun no dey here grin

10 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Bayelsa Boat Accident: Body Of Corps Member And 3 Others Found / BDC Outlets At International Airports In Nigeria Run Out Of Dollars / Lagos Port Complex Connected To Lagos-Ibadan Rail Line

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.